• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

CURRENT SCHEDULE

Next advance : Fuck it

Week 7:
Rays @ Tigers (1)
Mariners @ Royals (1)
Nationals @ Padres (3)
Brewers @ Dodgers (2)

Week 8:
Rangers @ Reds (2)
Tigers @ Nats (3)
Jays @ Brewers (3)
Mets @ Pirates (1)
Dodgers @ Athletics (1)
Royals @ Giants (3)
Rays @ Padres (3)

Week 9:
Giants @ Reds (3)
Tigers @ Twins (3)
Angels @ Yankees (1)
Blue Jays @ Red Sox (3)
Dodgers @ Mets (3)
Athletics @ Pirates (3)
Brewers @ Cubs (3)
Royals @ Rangers (3)
Padres @ Angels (3)

Week 10:
Marlins @ nationals (3)
Mets @ giants (3)
Cubs @ padres (3)
Reds @ Dodgers (3)
Angels @ brewers (3)
Pirates @ royals (3)
Rockies @ Tigers (3)
Red Sox @ rays (3)
Yankees @ jays (3)
Twins @ Mariners (3)
Rangers @ athletics (3)

UPDATED PLAYOFF PICTURE

NL West:
Mets 15-9 (5)
Dodgers 11-10 (8)

NL Central:
Brewers 11-7 (11)
Bobs 14-9 (6)
Angels 13-9 (7)

NL East:
Marlins 23-3 (3)

NL Overall Seeding:
Marlins 23-3 (3) (Division leader)
Braves 23-6 (0) (Wild Card leader)
Mets 15-9 (5) (Division leader)
Brewers 11-7 (11) (Division leader)
Bobs 14-9 (6)
Angels 13-9 (7)
Dodgers 11-10 (8)

AL West:
Rangers 16-6 (7)
Athletics 15-10 (4)
Pirates 16-10 (3)

AL Central:
Rockies 20-6 (3)

AL East:
Yankees 19-7 (3)

AL Overall Seeding:
Rockies 20-6 (3) (Division leader)
Yankees 19-7 (3) (Division leader)
Rangers 16-6 (7) (Division leader)
Athletics 15-10 (4) (Wild card leader)
Pirates 16-10 (3)
Red Sox 11-12 (6)
Rays 11-11 (7)

MLB15TheShow_Puig.jpg

This is the official thread for MLB 15 : The Show's online league (PS4).

Yes many of you who have come in here have probably laughed their way into this thread. But just in case you're a sucker like us and are willing to give the historically horrible online performance a shot, or to ultimately put up with whatever bullshit the online brings, this is the place for you!

Since leagues usually haven't worked with larger sizes we're going to try to keep the limit to 16. And veterans will get their team preference, and if two vets want the same team they can choose to battle it out on their own terms. If we are somehow busting with interest we can deal with that then.

I'm not yet going to talk about how quickly we advance, or how many games we'll do. I want to get a feel for what we would like, but generally, we favor a faster pace (Or maybe I should say I prefer a faster pace). If you're new, keep in mind you're not only joining our league to play a few MLB games a week, but you're also joining a community where we expect you to be an active participant in all the shenanigans that will take place in and out of the games.

As of right now a few members and myself have expressed interest in doing a fantasy draft right away. If there are any objections, say so! But I think doing that in the past season was more entertaining for us all.

AL East

Yankees - pistolpete2940
Blue Jays - BigJonsson
Red Sox - Rinse82
Rays - acheron_xl

AL Central

Tigers - Karish
Twins - bananafactory
Rockies - TriniTrin
Mariners - Tragicomedy

AL West

A's - Lan Dong Mik
Rangers - abrack08
Pirates - BigZep
Royals - caliblue15

NL East

Braves - CrimsonCommie
Marlins - ph33nix
Nationals - Bushwick-E
Astros - Drizzler

NL Central

Cubs - MrBob
Brewers - eznark
Padres - Duane Cunningham
Angels - TURBO1112

NL West

Mets - Dmncnby2k9
Giants - v1lla21
Dodgers - FrenchMovieTheme
Reds -

Drek

I would have interest in joining. Prefer the Red Sox, then the Cardinals, then any team but the Yankees.

Would be available after 6 PM CST most weeknights and flexible weekends for game times.

Would also be ok with default rosters or a day one fantasy draft, either way.

Mrbob

I'd prefer default rosters but I'll roll with whatever makes this league work for a week before it crumbles due to awful online play.

Cubs for me.

I'll take the Yankees, DCX come at me bro

I prefer actual rosters over fantasy. Considering we won't get 30 users, I'd rather not play in a league with 12 all star teams, but that's just me.

In. First person to quote my tantrum thread from last year gets beaned in the head.

So tonight we celebrate what has become an annual tradition among a dedicated but ever dwindling group of MLB fans here on GAF.

Tonight the annual attempt at an MLB The Show online franchise died. The game is worse than ever. They seem to have tried to "solve" their lag and disconnect issues by using some sort of buffer which results in idiocy like the action on your screen being completely different than what is actually happening in game.

Last game, the proverbial straw, on just about every single ball in play, what my screen was showing was different than what the game had decided was correct. A cutoff throw was missed and rolled out of play on my screen one moment (so I advanced the runner from first) only to have him tagged out because what had actually happened was the second basemen DIDN'T miss the cutoff throw and was holding the ball the whole time. On one play the catcher threw the ball to the shortstop...who was still in left field after making a cutoff throw. Shit happens all of the time. People have been dropping just about every week but I think tonight we hit critical mass.

This game is broken. As. Fuck.

As usual.

San Diego is an abysmal developer and it's ludicrous that we let them get away with this shit every single year just because they can polish a turd.

FREE BASE!!!

I would have interest in joining. Prefer the Red Sox, then the Cardinals, then any team but the Yankees.

Would be available after 6 PM CST most weeknights and flexible weekends for game times.

Would also be ok with default rosters or a day one fantasy draft, either way.

Went ahead and gave you the Cardinals since I am almost certain Sanjuro, league vet, will take the Red Sox.

v1lla21

Oh yee! I'm back for another round of getting my ass handed to me. Locking on the Giants!!

I'll try and stream every game this year.

It's gotta work better than last year right?

I'll take the Yankees, DCX come at me bro

I prefer actual rosters over fantasy. Considering we won't get 30 users, I'd rather not play in a league with 12 all star teams, but that's just me.

Doesn't want to play with all-star teams but picks the Yankees c'mon Pete gotta at least pretend you want a shitty team like the mets if you gonna say something like that

It's gotta work better than last year right?

Doesn't want to play with all-star teams but picks the Yankees c'mon Pete gotta at least pretend you want a shitty team like the mets if you gonna say something like that

matt-harvey-getty-scott-cunningham.jpg

gonna be raining Ks all over your box score brah!!!

eznark turn off Tommy John related injuries plese!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Heya everyone glad I found you masochistic mlb freaks. Thanks for the pm phee. Of course I'm masochistic too and will be joining once I get the game. It might be a little while for me since I'm out of town and tbh I don't even know when it comes out. If that info was in the OP then sorry haven't read it yet. I'm tired and need to catch my zzz's before my day of client meetings tomorrow. I will catch up on the thread tomorrow.

As always I'm the Reds and will cut someone if they try to steal my team :jnc

I played some of last year's game today. Felt really great.

Like we've said for the past goddamn decade or so, all they need to fucking do is make the online work and we got ourselves a different tier of game...

I played some of last year's game today. Felt really great.

Like we've said for the past goddamn decade or so, all they need to fucking do is make the online work and we got ourselves a different tier of game...

not sure when you're planning on starting but i'll be out of the country starting april 17th and i dont get back until april 26th or so

not sure when you're planning on starting but i'll be out of the country starting april 17th and i dont get back until april 26th or so

We are likely starting before then, but we will keep your spot in the league and find a substitute!

The game was really great about customization and team switching and all that last year. Unless we get 2k'd it should be easy to have someone not in your division fill in for you!

Dunbar

First year buying The Show, so I'll take the Reds if no one else has them. Never played in an online league before, so hope it works this year.

PreFire

Just got my copy, installed and ready (there was an update too).

Gonna play in a few, watching the Warriors destroy the Grizzlies

Might try this league shit out

First year buying The Show, so I'll take the Reds if no one else has them. Never played in an online league before, so hope it works this year.

I think WhatRobEats will take the Reds, and he was in the league last year. Got any second teams?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
haha, I finally hit an inside the park home run in RTTS. The actual play starts about :30 in.
I remember thinking right after the hit "I knocked the shit out of that...oh wait fucking Marlins park :("

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTZA3AhptPo

Way to go Skeeter!!

I need to fire up MLB and get some practice in before the league starts. And yes I will be taking the Reds. Phee can you remind me what settings we use for the league so I can make sure I'm practicing with the right pitch speed, ect...

Please please please be good online this year. Has PastaPadre have anything to say yet?

Way to go Skeeter!!

I need to fire up MLB and get some practice in before the league starts. And yes I will be taking the Reds. Phee can you remind me what settings we use for the league so I can make sure I'm practicing with the right pitch speed, ect...

Please please please be good online this year. Has PastaPadre have anything to say yet?

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/01/29/compete-features-list-for-mlb-15-the-show

There’s a ton to get excited about yet those hoping for a new commentary team, innovation within Road to the Show, or anything online-related may come away disappointed. Continue on to check out all the features and leave your thoughts in the comments!

bze23 • 2 months ago
Lol so they're not even bothering to pretend online play will be better this year.

eznark

Banned
Don't blame them. We all know it won't be good, and even if it is better there is a mile wide gap between better and good for these goofs.

I'll give this another go. I got so fed up with the connections issues and lag that resulted in balks, hopefully we finally have a solid installment

PSN: Jrod87
Team: Detroit Tigers

I don't post much on NeoGAF, but I would like to be an active participant in this league. I'll take the Cleveland Indians. I read through the initial post, and I'll be sure to post here often with everyone else.

I currently work part time 2pm to 8pm EST Monday through Thursday, and 9am to 4pm on Saturdays, so typically, I should be available on weeknights after 8pm, all day Friday, Saturday evening and night, and all day Sunday. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys online!

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to put my PSN handle: Ohio4987

PreFire

Been playing the last two days. A lot of the same shit from last year but also a lot of improvements.

44856eed81704e863b7bcf26ac7818e1.jpg

Great tech in this game. Small cloud of sand from the hop of the baseball, along with dirt mid air, grass swooped up beneath the diving Matt Adams, individual grass, dynamic lighting, high def crowd, me in the back (#77), name brand gloves, etc

Still don't know if I'll join the league. I suck

Also, image is probably compressed. I took the SS with the ps4, sent it via message to a friend (poor guy has 100 plus messages from me lol) then jump in the playstation app for mobile, save it there, then finally upload it to an image host.

There has to be a better way

Been playing the last two days. A lot of the same shit from last year but also a lot of improvements.

44856eed81704e863b7bcf26ac7818e1.jpg

Great tech in this game. Small cloud of sand from the hop of the baseball, along with dirt mid air, grass swooped up beneath the diving Matt Adams, individual grass, dynamic lighting, high def crowd, me in the back (#77), name brand gloves, etc

Still don't know if I'll join the league. I suck

Also, image is probably compressed. I took the SS with the ps4, sent it via message to a friend (poor guy has 100 plus messages from me lol) then jump in the playstation app for mobile, save it there, then finally upload it to an image host.

There has to be a better way

Have you played any online games? If you did have there been many issues, mainly disconnects?

PreFire

Have you played any online games? If you did have there been many issues, mainly disconnects?

The network on their ends isnt enabled yet. You get an errors when trying to do anything hat has to do with online features..

I've only been playing RTTS as even Diamond Dynasty isn't available yet

Thinking of preloading....my finger is on the order button.

But so broke :(....ah fuckit, bought.

In any case I guess I'll take Nationals

Top Bottom