• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox MVP 2005 Tournament: Smells like EA spirit!

lets get a tourney going ladies, most of us have the game by now. Reply with the team you want and i'll set everything up (obviously dont know the # of participants yet). Here are the "rules" though:

Difficulty: All-star
Innings: 9
Teams: Unique, if someone picks the redsox and you wanted them, that sucks for you but pick someone else

RULES: this is a sim-tourney. that means none of the following:

1. Warming up another starting pitcher to replace your starting pitcher. I.e. if I pick the Cubs, I can't start Kerry Wood, and then in the 6th inning warm up prior. That is complete bullshit to have to face 2 aces in one game. One 90+ pitcher is bad enough, and when you work him down out of the game you should be rewarded with facing a lesser player.

2. Uh........... that's the only thing I can think of right now. Add other cheesy stuff as you guys see fit, but i haven't seen much else.

enjoy ladies
--------

1. fmt - twins
2. ramirez - indians
3. mrbob - cubs
4. DM - mariners
5. Matrix - astros

Ramirez

I say no excessive pitching out of the strike zone,I dont mind every once in a while,but it's hard enough as it is and I do fine just working the strike zone :p

Mrbob

I'll join later tonight.

I want to add another rule:

You can only use your starting pitcher once in the tourney. So if you want to use Schmidt right away that is fine but if you win you can't use him in the next round or any other round.

I agree with using the bullpen realistically.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll join in later tonight too.

ShadowRed

Banned
Does this game have online leagues or do we have to record our stats on pen and paper. If it's the latter then I'm in with the Texas Rangers? I'll pick the game up tomorrow.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No online leagues.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K I bought this game today so I can play with you guys. I hope it's easy to be competitive cause I've taken enough beating with Madden already.
I don't care at all what team I get but being that I haven't played a baseball game since Tommy Lasorda on the Genesis (I loved when the ball came up into the air and it looked like you could grab it) I'm figuring I should take a powerhourse team.
So I'm thinking I'll take the Redsox unless the Giants are acutally good in the game.

Matrix

Fmt,when you starting the tourney?

Fifty

I'm in......with the Jays :(

I'd suggest some hardcore rules to make the game more realistic, like turning hot/cold zones on fade, and turning the strike zone off, but I'm sure enough people would protest that idea to make it not worth my time. I certainly agree with Bob about using a pitcher only once. If FMT used Santana in every game, he'd almost certainly win.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just for the record I will probably not be able to follow any of the rules you all set. I'll try, but it's the first time I've played a baseball game in years.

Matrix

Signed in with the stros.

Ramirez

Well FMT fucked the tourney up it's already started with only 3 people signed in :lol

I set up a new one...

Name: GAF2
Pass: FMTSUX

Matrix

Dang fmt! :lol

what the fuck?

ea screwed this up. first off, i created the tourney and it was done. then truelize couldn't sign in, so i go take a look and it is erased. so i create it again. i say "8 people, begins when everyone is signed in" so why did it begin after 3 signed in? i am an innocent man!

Matrix

:lol

believeposterir.jpg

Matrix

Great so we cant do tourneys right now cause they're fucked :lol

Mrbob

EA should just change the title to Madden MVP 2005 so that why we know online will be a priority for EA.

Fifty

I'll sign in tonight. Such a shame this game doesn't have leagues, and it's too hard to do them manually ourselves.

Matrix

Top Bottom