• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok Microsofts refund policy has turned to shit and I need to call them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sainraja

Yeah, never go through virtual assistants. They're never helpful and they're annoying AF in most cases, lol. A company the size of Microsoft isn't going to list details like that and just not deliver, they'd put a target on their head.
What do you mean list details like that and just not deliver? The virtual assistant is provided by them. I don't think it is making up it's own policy. Someone's experience may vary speaking to a real person but their online channel is enforcing their policy.

Last edited:

Mikado

You asked for a refund, actually spent time and effort on a chat link... for a $3 purchase???
Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

I don't have anything to add to the thread, but holy crap that is the cleanest encoded gif I've ever seen. My meme response to the quality of that gif would literally be another copy of the gif.

MiguelItUp

What do you mean list details like that and just not deliver? The virtual assistant is provided by them. I don't think it is making up it's own policy. Someone's experience may vary speaking to a real person but their online channel is enforcing their policy.
I was responding and referring to OP's mention of "it's still bad service to have criterias that's a straight up lie, and you cant contact support." Yes, I'm well aware, lmao. Of course it isn't, it's still Microsoft's policy, I wasn't implying that. I was just implying in moments where virtual assistants may not provide the help you need, going another route may be better. I'm not specifically referring to Microsoft, just as a whole. Because I haven't always had the best experiences with them. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
So I tried to do a chat with them today, and the guy was super friendly and refunded the game for me.

Weird thing is, he said there was no case about me refunding the game, which makes me wonder what the hell the other guy was since he just declined me and deleted my case.

Sorry for the drama over one shitty customer supporter guys.

Why would you buy a game that has servers offline in the first place? Don't you think it's a good idea to do a bit of a research before purchasing a specific product? It's only 3 dollars dude lol, you won't become more poor or more rich. It's almost nothing.

You wasted 5 or more minutes trying to get a refund on a 3 dollar game because you didn't spend the time to see if the game is still playable. Yeah, you deserve to lose the $3. And then you are blaming the company because of your laziness.

That's funny dude.
If a store offers a game for sale I’d say you should be able to trust it should be playable, otherwise don’t sell it? Also, isn’t it illegal to sell anything that can’t be used in the intended manner unless specifically notified? 3 bucks or 70 bucks, when you buy a video game it should be playable at least

The_Mike

Is this an online only game? If it is it should be removed from the store.
Technically, its not an online game, but you cant play the campaign because the online servers are down.

You can get pass that if you disable the internet on your console but I dont want to disable the internet every single time I want to play it.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I respect your honesty Mr Mike.
You are one of the few good green rats around here.

The_Mike

I respect your honesty Mr Mike.
You are one of the few good green rats around here.
Well I got my refund by contacting another agent so might have been some dumb fuck who declined first time.

But thanks for the nice words.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Well I got my refund by contacting another agent so might have been some dumb fuck who declined first time.

But thanks for the nice words.
tbh, sony customer service is non-existence, its shiet at least from where i stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom