• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I'm getting nothing but high ratings, some of which I don't see, and messages from random girls in the Philippines (Seriously, what is it with them over there?). I know I shouldn't be but I'm getting annoyed with OKC.

How is Match.com? I'm hesitant to fork over cash because I'm afraid it'll be more of the same.

Match.com I've had a shit experience.

They nickel and dime you for your money. Better off spending on OkCupid.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What does "real man" and "no games" mean? Do men get made real by something?

I don't understand profiles with memes and fake pictures. It's like why dress up your profile with colored fonts and pictures? Am I supposed to compliment them on the sparkles or take what they say and make it look like I have other friends that might be interested in? I don't think the moment is right for me to find someone. To me, some of the profiles are too much.

I met a few people on OKCupid and we talked like we were old classmates. The last time it was like, "You want to order pizza this Sunday?"
them: "Yeah, that sounds good"
6 months have passed since then, nothing happened. The whole dating scene gives me no motivation like it did when I was a teen. It feels like I'm potentially leading women to other men. Like they want a construction worker or some 5 o'clock shadow man who drinks Diet Coke.

so guys i went out on a date with this girl, she's irish and has a thing for hispanic men (lucky me), we had coffee and went to the movies we were cuddling and all that overall it went good. However, here's where the problem starts, her voice was rugged as shit i think she sounded tougher than me sounds like a silly thing but it's something i couldn't stop thinking about..but the biggest deal breaker imo is that her style of clothing is like very lazy/type baggy and i think i won't be pursing this much further..such a shame cause she does have a mean pair "twins" on her lmao..

now this is other girl on okc started talking with her she's mad cool, she answers sporadically since she's a nurse and whatnot (i assume she be tired i could be wrong who knows?! lol). This girl even gave me her number, IG and all (without me asking). im like woah pimp juice nelly flow feeling myself lol, but we started texting the other day back and forth and she hasn;t replied back, a day as passed and nothing..so currently i'm on a "wait and see" approach since she hasn't replied back to me and i don't wanna come off as nagging..idk guys what should i do? wait and see if she texts me back tonight? or should i wait and text her tomorrow?

My rule of thumb is to always be chill and not be on someone's case, worst thing is to come across as desperate but you don't wanna come off as disinterested tricky line folks

Piecake

so guys i went out on a date with this girl, she's irish and has a thing for hispanic men (lucky me), we had coffee and went to the movies we were cuddling and all that overall it went good. However, here's where the problem starts, her voice was rugged as shit i think she sounded tougher than me sounds like a silly thing but it's something i couldn't stop thinking about..but the biggest deal breaker imo is that her style of clothing is like very lazy/type baggy and i think i won't be pursing this much further..such a shame cause she does have a mean pair "twins" on her lmao..

now this is other girl on okc started talking with her she's mad cool, she answers sporadically since she's a nurse and whatnot (i assume she be tired i could be wrong who knows?! lol). This girl even gave me her number, IG and all (without me asking). im like woah pimp juice nelly flow feeling myself lol, but we started texting the other day back and forth and she hasn;t replied back, a day as passed and nothing..so currently i'm on a "wait and see" approach since she hasn't replied back to me and i don't wanna come off as nagging..idk guys what should i do? wait and see if she texts me back tonight? or should i wait and text her tomorrow?

My rule of thumb is to always be chill and not be on someone's case, worst thing is to come across as desperate but you don't wanna come off as disinterested tricky line folks

Well, as long as you don't ask her why she isnt texting you I think texting her again is fine so long as you have a reason. Ask her out for drinks/coffee whatever and see what happens. If she doesnt replay back, you got your answer.

Well, as long as you don't ask her why she isnt texting you I think texting her again is fine so long as you have a reason. Ask her out for drinks/coffee whatever and see what happens. If she doesnt replay back, you got your answer.

True, although it's weird for her to go out her way giving me her info and then suddenly stop talking..( it is the internet) lol

I got a "free 24 hour boost" for some unknown reason, and holy fuck what a rip off it would be to pay actual money for this shit. I had TWO visitors and zero messages in those 24 hours (and I live in one of the largest cities in America).

Of the two visitors -- once was a self described "BBW" who lived over 150 miles away, and the other visitor was someone I had already sent a message too earlier i the day that would have clicked my profile anyway

I'm getting real sick of OKC this round real quick

I had the worst experience with OkCupid and I vowed to never use it again. Here is my Tale Gaf

After 2 weeks of messaging various Girls, I managed to hit off with this one girl named Dee. Looking at her Pictures she was gorgeous. The icing on the cake was how much of an avid gamer and Batman fan that she was.

By the time the date rolled around I was excited as hell. I remember being nervous driving up to her house. I saw her come out in these big sunglasses and this maxi dress. She got in my car and we began conversing...it was all good up until she took of her glasses and I saw that while one eye was looking at me the other wasn't. I almost crashed my car doing a double take....the weird thing is that when I looked at her face again...both eyes were straight. But the next thing I noticed was how crooked her teeth was...not a good look.

But Im a gentleman right? So we park the car across the street from the theatre due to it being so packed and continued on with the date. I took us to this AVX cineplex to watch Iron Man 3. I asked her prior to getting out the car. Do you want to get something to Eat and see a later movie or see the movie then eat. She chose the former. We rolled up a joint, smoked it and started talking about life, superheroes and what the meaning of life was.

Time came upon us and we made our way to the movie. I bought our tickets, popcorn and drinks plus her favourite Candy all to a cost of about $35.67 after taxes. Thats when she told me she was going to hit up the bathroom....she's gone for 5 minutes before she reappears and says "I don't feel well...can you take me home" Of course right away I go sure of course....Then she fainted in the middle of the theatre. I admit...I could have caught her if I wasn't just shocked and confused to what the hell had just happened. (Being stoned as fuck didn't help either) I managed to get her to regain consciousness and I held her up as we tried to make it back to the car. (I had to leave all the snacks, the tickets everything I bought behind except my coke).

We get through the Theatre doors when she told me she was fine to walk on her own. I let her stand on her own and then she collapsed again but didn't faint again just lost her balance.

We get halfway to the car and I swear to God, I looked away for 10 seconds and this girl collapsed again. I kind of caught her but her head snapped back and it hit the concrete. Boom knocked out again. Now I'm really freaking out. Im a Black guy with a black girl in an all white neighbourhood and she looked like she just popped a molly.

At this point she's completely knocked out and I'm getting weird looks from everyone that's passing by. Finally someone helps me to get her to regain consciousness again. Then he called the paramedics....who took particularly long to get to the scene due to how packed the theatre was.

Now when they got there...They started asking me questions about what she took, who I was etc. She was answering and then when the Paramedic went did you take any drugs..she went yes and pointed at me and went "I got them from him"...I was nervous as hell but when the Paramedic did more digging she revealed that not only had she not eaten anything the whole entire day. She also took a shot of whiskey and a glass of wine before our date.

The Paramedics brought her to a hospital in the Ghetto and I followed after them. At the Hospital we decided to follow each other on twitter...then the doctor came out and asked her a series of questions In front of me no less...one which was "When did you last have your period? Are you aware that you might be pregnant"

An awkward silence passed and she said no. He discharged her and we left. To put the icing on the cake for this date...the hospital charged $5.00 for parking via machine. I put a $20.00 in and got back...nothing...it ate my fucking change. By that point I just said fuck it, Im meant to suffer today and drove her back home.

Now I'm a black guy with a group of black friends. However, out of my friends I'm the only one that dates and considers Black Women attractive. Jokingly after I got home, I went on Twitter and tweeted "I think I'm done dating Black girls"...not remembering that she followed me on Twitter at the Hospital. She called, cussed me out and told me never to speak to her again.

And that GAF was my first and last time using OKC. Was I a Douche? Yes. Did I do my best? No. What did I learn? Meet girls in real life.

I had the worst experience with OkCupid and I vowed to never use it again. Here is my Tale Gaf

After 2 weeks of messaging various Girls, I managed to hit off with this one girl named Dee. Looking at her Pictures she was gorgeous. The icing on the cake was how much of an avid gamer and Batman fan that she was.

By the time the date rolled around I was excited as hell. I remember being nervous driving up to her house. I saw her come out in these big sunglasses and this maxi dress. She got in my car and we began conversing...it was all good up until she took of her glasses and I saw that while one eye was looking at me the other wasn't. I almost crashed my car doing a double take....the weird thing is that when I looked at her face again...both eyes were straight. But the next thing I noticed was how crooked her teeth was...not a good look.

But Im a gentleman right? So we park the car across the street from the theatre due to it being so packed and continued on with the date. I took us to this AVX cineplex to watch Iron Man 3. I asked her prior to getting out the car. Do you want to get something to Eat and see a later movie or see the movie then eat. She chose the former. We rolled up a joint, smoked it and started talking about life, superheroes and what the meaning of life was.

Time came upon us and we made our way to the movie. I bought our tickets, popcorn and drinks plus her favourite Candy all to a cost of about $35.67 after taxes. Thats when she told me she was going to hit up the bathroom....she's gone for 5 minutes before she reappears and says "I don't feel well...can you take me home" Of course right away I go sure of course....Then she fainted in the middle of the theatre. I admit...I could have caught her if I wasn't just shocked and confused to what the hell had just happened. (Being stoned as fuck didn't help either) I managed to get her to regain consciousness and I held her up as we tried to make it back to the car. (I had to leave all the snacks, the tickets everything I bought behind except my coke).

We get through the Theatre doors when she told me she was fine to walk on her own. I let her stand on her own and then she collapsed again but didn't faint again just lost her balance.

We get halfway to the car and I swear to God, I looked away for 10 seconds and this girl collapsed again. I kind of caught her but her head snapped back and it hit the concrete. Boom knocked out again. Now I'm really freaking out. Im a Black guy with a black girl in an all white neighbourhood and she looked like she just popped a molly.

At this point she's completely knocked out and I'm getting weird looks from everyone that's passing by. Finally someone helps me to get her to regain consciousness again. Then he called the paramedics....who took particularly long to get to the scene due to how packed the theatre was.

Now when they got there...They started asking me questions about what she took, who I was etc. She was answering and then when the Paramedic went did you take any drugs..she went yes and pointed at me and went "I got them from him"...I was nervous as hell but when the Paramedic did more digging she revealed that not only had she not eaten anything the whole entire day. She also took a shot of whiskey and a glass of wine before our date.

The Paramedics brought her to a hospital in the Ghetto and I followed after them. At the Hospital we decided to follow each other on twitter...then the doctor came out and asked her a series of questions In front of me no less...one which was "When did you last have your period? Are you aware that you might be pregnant"

An awkward silence passed and she said no. He discharged her and we left. To put the icing on the cake for this date...the hospital charged $5.00 for parking via machine. I put a $20.00 in and got back...nothing...it ate my fucking change. By that point I just said fuck it, Im meant to suffer today and drove her back home.

Now I'm a black guy with a group of black friends. However, out of my friends I'm the only one that dates and considers Black Women attractive. Jokingly after I got home, I went on Twitter and tweeted "I think I'm done dating Black girls"...not remembering that she followed me on Twitter at the Hospital. She called, cussed me out and told me never to speak to her again.

And that GAF was my first and last time using OKC. Was I a Douche? Yes. Did I do my best? No. What did I learn? Meet girls in real life.

wee-bey.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

TL;DR "I got really unlucky and made everything worse and it's OKC's fault"

seriously though, wow what a story LOL

Jokingly after I got home, I went on Twitter and tweeted "I think I'm done dating Black girls"...not remembering that she followed me on Twitter at the Hospital. She called, cussed me out and told me never to speak to her again.

That whole story was something else, but this part right here just destroyed me. This fucking guy. XD

p4YOh.png

y2dvd

Well, at least it was interesting lol.

Jhoan

As a fellow Hispanic who just went out with a red head who's been around Hispanics, I say thumbs up. That being said, it sounds like you're using an excuse to dismiss her even though you like her. I would say to give it another date or two before you throw in the towel. It sounds like she might be a tomboy that she dresses in baggy clothes. Maybe she was sick as well that her voice sounded rough. If you're turned off by it in the next date, then call it in and suggest being friends.

I've got a few quick updates. I texted the aforementioned red head that I went out with on Wednesday and told her I would like to do it again soon and she agreed. She's going on vacation to Florida tomorrow but will let me definitely know when she gets back. We then had a couple of flirtatious exchanges about tanning before we stopped. Things are progressing well. I'm actually looking forward to seeing her again.

Yesterday I went out with some friends, got tipsy, and ended up messaging a few girls while drunk. I saw that opera girl also replied with 3 lengthy paragraphs and replied. Since I wanted to get number after she replied again, I wrote her a short paragraph answering a few of her questions, said I would to meet up with her soon to go the Museum of Modern Art, and asked for her number because we've been communicating through OKC for too long. I think I'll get it by tonight and should have a second date secured for next week.

Lastly, at the behest of GK86, I RSVP'ed for an OKC event that's on Tuesday at a rooftop bar. Unfortunately, I'll be going solo but I think it'll be fun to talk to girls with beer flowing.

y2dvd

Good luck at the event!

I manager to land a date with a half Ukrainian, half Columbian girl this upcoming Monday. I just told her a bunch of cheesy jokes I stole from GAF and she said I was humorous and it definitely attracted her. Now if only I can close out on the actual date lol.

So it's about time I drop the super hot one. She's not too responsive so that's sign she's not interested anymore. Oh well, I tried.

Piecake

Had a date tonight. I thought it went well and she was attractive, but I really didn't feel any spark. So I am kinda on the fence about setting up a second date. Maybe that spark will develop? Well, I guess we will see if I get a third date out of this other girl. I wish I wasn't so bad at reading people. I mean, I can tell when they arent interested, but I really can't tell between nice and interested.

Luigi87

So tired of being single (I'm 27), and realizing that I'm not really meeting many people (which is much more tedious. I don't get out that much, albeit I'm not a shut-in type. I do in fact enjoy going out, the opportunities just seem lacking, and I don't really drink because I could never adapt to the taste of alcohol, but I'm not actually against it), and that I certainly won't be "hooked up" by any of my friends, most of whom are already in relationships (but that's their own choice), I decided I should finally try an online dating profile at the repeated suggestion of friends (specifically okcupid by one friend, whom may or may not have met his present gf on it. I know he used okc, but dunno if that's where they met).

I've long held off I suppose because I've long held onto the old mentality of how people perceived online dating. I realize that, while some of that is still largely true, that it in itself has also expanded greatly (as I saw literally reading through much of this thread).

Of course I want to set up an account asap, I'm actually going to Japan by my lonesome on a trip for just under two weeks (I'm Canadian). As such I should likely hold off on setting up an account until after I get back, right? In the event I were to get messaged by a girl (Okay, I understand the rather low probability of that, but I also understand that it is a terrible idea to go into anything like this lacking confidence. Something my friends drilled into my mind, and that I've been working on maintaining. I've learned that faking it long enough and it does become real).

This is just largely uncharted territory for me I suppose. I know I need to demonstrate my appealing qualities in my written profile, hide the bore (living at home, working in retail), or at least flip it into something amusing, and I definitely need to devise myself some good profile pictures... One convenience of my trip I suppose, I bought a lot of new clothing to take with me (since all my previous Summer clothes seemed to have logos or some-such on them, and I was looking at them a few weeks ago thinking "Wow, I really need to make a change.")

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^Set up the account as fast as possible. You lose nothing by setting it up this weekend. There is gonna be a lot of trial and error in the first few weeks, might as well get through it now.

Also seek advice/feedback from your friends (or even gaf). It helps big time

Ultima_5

I've had decent luck with OKC... I get messages back from almost every girl I send one too and I've gotte quite a few dates. One girl I even ended up seeing for awhile. I'm surprised so many of you guys are having problems.

i'm fat, nerdy, have a beard, and nerd collections.... aka i'm like 95% of gaf, but i don't have many problems... what kind of messages do you all send?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I've had decent luck with OKC... I get messages back from almost every girl I send one too and I've gotte quite a few dates. One girl I even ended up seeing for awhile. I'm surprised so many of you guys are having problems.

i'm fat, nerdy, have a beard, and nerd collections.... aka i'm like 95% of gaf, but i don't have many problems... what kind of messages do you all send?

I have sent every type of messages (besides just hi/hey) possible. I'm about to give up.

Jhoan

I hate to play the race card but you've probably gotten replies left and right because you're white. OKC did a survey where they found that White dudes have a higher chance of getting replies back than Hispanics (e.g. me), Asians, and Blacks. I put some thought into the messages when I feel like getting creative and get replies back. Other times, I resort to the old pizza or sushi line which works. Looks wise, I'm a stud in that I'm 6''3 and work out plus I'm an art student so I see why I get replies back.
I hit a dry spell on okcupid right now oh well it happens. It's crazy tho how you get this hot streak and then poof it's gone lol
I completely agree. Some days replies come in waves and you're on cloud nine when you're on a back and forth with multiple girls. Some days, the message box is drier than an elephant's skin and messages fizzle like birds suddenly falling from the sky. Right now, it so happens that I'm on a hot streak with meeting up with girls this week but as a whole, I haven't had much of a reason to hit up girls this week. Probably will hit up a few today before I head out.

Yet another update concerning meeting up with girls. Opera girl gave me her number last night as expected and we've been texting today.

Suffice to say, I have a date with her tomorrow at a museum (The Met for those of you in NYC; 1 cent donations FTW) and plan on going to Central Park afterwards which should be refreshing after typically going to bars for dates (it gets tiring). Couple that with the NYC GAF meet up that I'm hosting tonight and got some money means I'm so happy.:D

This week has been fabulous for me. Life is good. Nothing stops this train.

Ultima_5

I have sent every type of messages (besides just hi/hey) possible. I'm about to give up.

Do they look at your profile? Maybe your profile just comes across badly... did you have GAFfers look at it? I had them give mine a once over when I started

I hate to play the race card but you've probably gotten replies left and right because you're white. OKC did a survey where they found that White dudes have a higher chance of getting replies back than Hispanics (e.g. me), Asians, and Blacks. I put some thought into the messages when I feel like getting creative and get replies back. Other times, I resort to the old pizza or sushi line which works. Looks wise, I'm a stud in that I'm 6''3 and work out plus I'm an art student so I see why I get replies back.

I completely agree. Some days replies come in waves and you're on cloud nine when you're on a back and forth with multiple girls. Some days, the message box is drier than an elephant's skin and messages fizzle like birds suddenly falling from the sky. Right now, it so happens that I'm on a hot streak with meeting up with girls this week but as a whole, I haven't had much of a reason to hit up girls this week. Probably will hit up a few today before I head out.

Yet another update concerning meeting up with girls. Opera girl gave me her number last night as expected and we've been texting today.

Suffice to say, I have a date with her tomorrow at a museum (The Met for those of you in NYC; 1 cent donations FTW) and plan on going to Central Park afterwards which should be refreshing after typically going to bars for dates (it gets tiring). Couple that with the NYC GAF meet up that I'm hosting tonight and got some money means I'm so happy.:D

This week has been fabulous for me. Life is good. Nothing stops this train.

I didn't consider that. I also didn't think about the fact i'm in a southern city and I'm liberal so i typically message like minded people. I guess i'm a bit of a rarer species.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Do they look at your profile? Maybe your profile just comes across badly... did you have GAFfers look at it? I had them give mine a once over when I started .

Jipan gave it a look over and gave me advice.

This doesn't seem worth the hassle or time.

Edit- Just out of curiosity, I counted the sent/received messages. 131 sent...10 messaged back. Out of those, only two went passed the initial response.

I hate to play the race card but you've probably gotten replies left and right because you're white. OKC did a survey where they found that White dudes have a higher chance of getting replies back than Hispanics (e.g. me), Asians, and Blacks. I put some thought into the messages when I feel like getting creative and get replies back. Other times, I resort to the old pizza or sushi line which works. Looks wise, I'm a stud in that I'm 6''3 and work out plus I'm an art student so I see why I get replies back

I dunno man. I put a ton of thought and effort into my profile, always sent specific/interesting messages, and my success rate since moving (into a very large city, mind you) is infinitely worse than when I was in a small bullshit town. I've creeped some of the dudes' profiles too, and they are almost uniformly awful.

This shit is frustrating. I've been on OKC several times before with moderate to excellent luck, but now that I have my best profile ever and a full time job and am in a city of two million people (all things that should theoretically boost my chances significantly), I'm having zero success.

So I don't think it is purely a race thing, but fuck me if I know what the underlying problem actually is

Piecake

Well, texted a girl for a third date and I havent heard back from her yet. She seemed receptive on our second date for another one, but now I am not so sure now. Another girl who I was messaging responded again after a week and seems to be interested in meeting me for a drink (said she was super busy). She is really attractive and we seem to have quite a bit in common, so hopefully that date becomes a reality. I got a message from another girl today, which seems pretty promising as well. So hopefully something comes out of all of this.

I can't say I am a huge fan of dating. I really do not like the uncertainty. All my other previous relationships just seemed to 'happen' and I avoided the whole dating thing.

Luigi87

Okay, set myself up. Also messaged two girls... Which is more than I've done in months... years... Erm, anywho. Whatever happens or doesn't, mustn't fret.

Maddocks

just remember

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Two messages today adds up to four tomorrow and then six and so on and boom in no time you will be on dates and banging in parking lots and bathrooms all across your town of choice.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
LOL @ that story Supreme

Ok so I finally decided to stop being a whore and make a "serious" dating account on POF for an actual relationship/dating... but I get no messages or replies. Meanwhile when I put shirtless pictures up with no fucking description I get tons of messages, dates, and one/multiple nights stands. I've actually lost count of the number of women I slept with, it's over 15 now...

This is fucked.

Luigi87

just remember

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Two messages today adds up to four tomorrow and then six and so on and boom in no time you will be on dates and banging in parking lots and bathrooms all across your town of choice.

That's the dream, lol.
I mean I would like to find a SO, but I certainly would settle for that as well for a while =P

Ultima_5

LOL @ that story Supreme

Ok so I finally decided to stop being a whore and make a "serious" dating account on POF for an actual relationship/dating... but I get no messages or replies. Meanwhile when I put shirtless pictures up with no fucking description I get tons of messages, dates, and one/multiple nights stands. I've actually lost count of the number of women I slept with, it's over 15 now...

This is fucked.

Try okcupid over pof

Maybe what you're
writing isn't great?

Jhoan

So I wrapped up my date about an hour ago and I enjoyed it and very much liked her. Going to a museum was pretty relaxing as opposed to bars. She was pretty comfortable with letting me touch her that I squeezed her stomach when we were looking at a corset painting painting. Also let me touch her hair, her shoulders, and at some point we tried out each other's glasses. As a whole, she wasn't reciprocating my touches but liked it. Also laughed at my all my corny jokes.

Unfortunately my smooth attempt to make out with her was defeated when I said she has something on her lips and she said no before we changed the subject. She said she had fun and agreed that we should do it again before she took her train. I hate being teased so hopefully she won't repeat it it again. Will text her soon to check in on her.

Luigi87

Okay, sent four messages today. I was committed to ensuring I did.

That sounds like it went really well Jipan. Hopefully she feels the same way and legitimately means to do something like it again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Okay, sent four messages today. I was committed to ensuring I did.

That sounds like it went really well Jipan. Hopefully she feels the same way and legitimately means to do something like it again.

Just so you know, 4 messages is not many at all. Just in case you're going in expecting like a 50% response rate. Unless you're a stud, that's probably not happening. :p

Luigi87

Just so you know, 4 messages is not many at all. Just in case you're going in expecting like a 50% response rate. Unless you're a stud, that's probably not happening. :p

lol, no it's nothing like that.(hell I'm still expecting in the 0% range =P)
This is all new to me, and a tad overwhelming, so I'm just trying to work at sending X number per day (IE: my first day was two, today I doubled that, etc).

Edit: Well I got one reply, that ups it to 17%! Replied to her. Won't be checking her profile page since I don't need to show up in her visitors and be looking needy, lol

Edit 2: Second reply. 33%!

Piecake

Well, had a date tonight and it went well. I didn't feel any spark, but I think it could develop with this person. I think she is amenable to a second date, but not totally sure on that. Now the hard part is to actually come up where to go on a second date. I am thinking dinner, and if that goes well 3rd date would be activity. Bit worried that we are going to run out of things to talk about considering that we still won't know each other all that well. It is times like these that I wish I was more gregarious.

Good news is that I got a third date with this one girl and am seeing another girl this week for drinks. We definitely seem like we have a lot in common and very similar interests, so I think we would have a lot to talk about.

y2dvd

lol, no it's nothing like that.(hell I'm still expecting in the 0% range =P)
This is all new to me, and a tad overwhelming, so I'm just trying to work at sending X number per day (IE: my first day was two, today I doubled that, etc).

Edit: Well I got one reply, that ups it to 17%! Replied to her. Won't be checking her profile page since I don't need to show up in her visitors and be looking needy, lol

Edit 2: Second reply. 33%!

Good start tbh lol! My sent messages to replies is like 50 to 1, if not worse. XD

Valus

^Set up the account as fast as possible. You lose nothing by setting it up this weekend. There is gonna be a lot of trial and error in the first few weeks, might as well get through it now.

Also seek advice/feedback from your friends (or even gaf). It helps big time

What do you mean by the bolded above exactly? I'm recently single and just started up an account, but not sure what you're talking about exactly.

On that note, can any of you CupidGAF pros give tips on the profile itself? A couple of the girls I've checked out so far have like, way more detailed and clever shit than mine (pretty generic in comparrison). Tips would be great!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What do you mean by the bolded above exactly? I'm recently single and just started up an account, but not sure what you're talking about exactly.

On that note, can any of you CupidGAF pros give tips on the profile itself? A couple of the girls I've checked out so far have like, way more detailed and clever shit than mine (pretty generic in comparrison). Tips would be great!

I meant that you will have to play around with your profile to see what does and doesn't work. Which pictures best showcase you. Things like that.

y2dvd

Girl gaffers have been a lot of help with my profile. They've told me which pics stood out the most, how my wording comes off, etc. I would kindly ask them to review your profile.

Right now, I'm just experimenting with my summary. I've gone for the minimalistic approach, which isn't as successful as what I had. I don't think it's working out as well as no one really comments about my profile while the previous version usually had something they could comment on.

Jhoan

Online dating as a whole is trial by fire; you try out different things to figure out what works and what doesn't work. Messages as random as "WHEN ARE YOU GONNA MAKE THOSE CHEEKS CLAP FOR ME?" are YMMV but work. Usually though most people ask a person a question based on something they said in their profile or have in their picture. It can be absurd/ridiculous since that's often gotten me replies.

Based on the two dates I've been on, I've found that both girls seemed to never bother reading through my profile which I find funny. Pictures are the backbone of your profile no matter how witty or passionately written your profile is. Have pictures of you in action doing something? Those are great. Posing pictures are fine even though I'm not the biggest fan of them.

Like I told GK86 with his profile, don't make your profile read like a resume if it's generic; your personality needs to shine through it. If it reads like a resume, then it's boring. If you say you're a funny person and like to laugh, but your profile isn't then make it humorous. Show, don't tell. Ask yourself what makes you different from the next guy. For example, in my profile I make references to King of the Hill, list a Pear Cider from a bar I've been to in my foods list, and say that I would love to participate in The Moth story telling event among other things.

You want your profile to complement the pictures you have e.g. I'm an Art student that I mention a bit of it in my profile. My main picture is of me posing in front of 3 Final paintings that I did last semester.

Also take what girls write on their profile with a grain of salt; some of the things they write in their profile might be outdated. You need to keep in mind that women and men alike are trying to play up how interesting their lives are. Don't feel inferior to that since for all you know, it could be a farce. The red headed girl I went out with told me she was in the process of interviewing for a couple of social work jobs when it said that she was already social worker; opera girl listed that she was doing an internship when in fact it turned out to be that she has a full time job working for a PR firm.

Would you mind posting your profile?

Luigi87

So having a dialogue with a girl and it occurs to me...
I really have no idea how to go beyond the messages we're sending back and forth and ask her out, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom