• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

qO6Il.jpg

ScI2d.jpg

:lol

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I met my current girlfriend on Okcupid over a year ago and have been very happy. Before then, I never had any luck when I messaged girls myself and the few messages I got were usually from girls that were not my type (to put it nicely). When I met my current girlfriend, we clicked right away (it helped that we both liked of the same music and were massive Doctor Who fans). I recommend the site, but don't expect to find the someone right away. It took me several years and 2 different cities.

I haven't had much luck either with dating sites.
Doesn't help that I'm 30 but look like I'm 20, so I get messaged by women who are around 30 but look 50.

Bread

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks the OP sounds like incredibly blatant viral advertising?
I don't know what you're talking about, I'm glad the OP showed this.

I'm signing up now to find my own hot gamer girl, I hope we can make a lot of gaming inside jokes. Thanks okcupid!

OKCupid & Match are both great. If you aren't a self-loathing asshole, choose good photos, and don't write stupid things on your profile, it's very easy to get dates on those sites. I've never used either to date someone beyond just a few dates, but a few of my friends have had long lasting relationships out of both OKCupid & Match.com. Online dating is awesome.

TommyT

I think that site led me to more hookups (when I used it a couple of years ago) than any other. As bad as that sounds, I know.

Hmm really? That's pretty interesting. Plenty of Fish was my goldmine. Was it full of quintessential girls in uniform?

ruxtpin

Banned
Hmm really? That's pretty interesting. Plenty of Fish was my goldmine. Was it full of quintessential girls in uniform?

There's an episode of Always Sunny in Philly where Mac finds some conservative girl, acts the part and gets to hook up with her. Shamefully, that was sort-of how it played out for me. I'm not proud of that period in my life, but looking back I found those "acting" conservative girls to be the quickest to give it up if they thought you were of the same values/lifestyle.

Granted, I worked back-to-back 16 hour shifts on the weekend during that time and went to school full-time during the week. My social life was nonexistent, so I just kinda' did what I did without really thinking. But anyhow.

There's an episode of Always Sunny in Philly where Mac finds some conservative girl, acts the part and gets to hook up with her. Shamefully, that was sort-of how it played out for me. I'm not proud of that period in my life, but looking back I found those "acting" conservative girls to be the quickest to give it up if they thought you were of the same values/lifestyle.

Granted, I worked back-to-back 16 hour shifts on the weekend during that time and went to school full-time during the week. My social life was nonexistent, so I just kinda' did what I did without really thinking. But anyhow.

He also get pelted with eggs while climbing a fence. It's pretty funny.

I've had a few dates using OkCupid and POF. Actually had one a few days back. Not a bad site at all. Of the eight girls I've gone out with on those sites, only one was crazy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You missed the words "there's a chance"

Not really. He could have said OP likes to do handstand thus there is a chance she wants to be an astronaut and it would have made as much sense.

I've had a few dates using OkCupid and POF. Actually had one a few days back. Not a bad site at all. Of the eight girls I've gone out with on those sites, only one was crazy.
Wah! What are we going to do on the date. POF! =3

Nether!

Online dating is great if you are only ever online.
When I was 19/20 I spent all my time on the internet, it was the only way I met women.

Alucrid

Banned
Not really. He could have said OP likes to do handstand thus there is a chance she wants to be an astronaut and it would have made as much sense.

Wah! What are we going to do on the date. POF! =3
The girl is the pc gamer bro.... So yeah, why he said makes complete sense.

Ferrio

Banned
Girls don't play video games, you're being scammed! She probably just wants you for your dick or some shallow reason. Bail out now.

low-G

I can't complain about OKC myself. Haven't met any psychos, no bad dates, and a few real cuties. Latest girl is from OKC. Also I have friends with OKC successes.

It's less that OKC is special and more that alcohol / bars are for losers.

I can't complain about OKC myself. Haven't met any psychos, no bad dates, and a few real cuties. Latest girl is from OKC. Also I have friends with OKC successes.

It's less that OKC is special and more that alcohol / bars are for losers.
What the fuck is this?

vermadas

I'll be married four years this June, and I met my wife via OKCupid almost eight years ago. So I guess I endorse the site :)

scy

It was that she's a gamer therefore there's a chance she's heard of/a member of/stalking him on GAF.

I find OkCupid kinda crappy in terms of matching.

It weighs certain things too heavily and some things not heavily enough.
Matching me with anyone who watches Jersey Shore... lolz

Just made a Christian Mingle account.

Mwhahahahaha....

And I'm impressed. There's a ton of cute girls in my area on here.
Oh Atramental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom