• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old man yells at cloud gaming - Rant Thread

Eimran

Let's start a gaming rant thread.

No special rules. Annoyances, infuriating things of just nitpicking.
Want something out of your system? Post it here

Here's one.

Why are so many game menu's such dogshit nowadays??! Like seriously.
Call of duty games are the prime example. You have to go through a goddamn 3D maze of menu's, submenu's, DLC shops just to play the damn game.
hHHsq3d.jpg

Seriously devs. I don't care for seasons/battlepasses/Early Acces shit.

I'm too stupid for this era. Can't you make an additional simpleton-menu for me where I have to choose between. Story/Multiplayer/Settings
I just want to press start and play.

Last edited:

Eimran

Another one:

Why do developers abandon their roots in sequels??
I understand you want to improve your games but you don't fucking abondon the one mechanic that made the game what it is.

Examples:

Hitman absolution.
The completely neutered the disguise system. They introduced this retarded system where everybody with same outfit can see through your outfit (even if you're wearing a goddamn mask. Like seriously who thought this was a good idea??). To prevent being caught you have to spend instinct (which lasts 10 seconds at best)
The whole point what made hitman so great is that you could blend in with the obliviously stupid crowd while thinking about that perfect calculated kill. You didn't have to worry about your outfit except if you did stupid suspicious things. In absolution the stupid mechanic forces you to basically go standard splinter cell stealth.

SSX 2012
The 2012 sequal was a complet flop because it tried to be a snowboarding game instead of an ssx game. Although the game was decent they threw all the things which made SSX unique overboard and left it behind in the PS2 era.
SSX is supposed to be goofy, over the top, colourful and cartoony.

Dying Light 2 (somewhat)
The night looks at some points like a very cloudy day. They did the night sooo well in the first one. It was dark, the enemies were brutal and you had to think quickly and conserve your flashlight. It was really scary going out at night and the odds of getting lost, making it even more suspenseful, were huge.
In DL2 you can see 100 meters ahead of you and the volatiles don't even spawn until your chase level is high enough.

Last edited:

Vandole

Can we please increase the size of text in games? Some of us are fucking old and our eyes don't fucking work. If they won't allow us to increase the size on our own, can they please create a standard size that's not so small for some of us old blind fucks?

True story, when I played Red Dead redemption, I was squinting so much that I ended up giving myself a headache. I eventually had to start standing closer to my TV to play it. And then my bad knee started to hurt.

Fuck that game. Fuck Rockstar. They're ageist!!!

Dorfdad

Gold Member
You know what grinds my goat! BIG Heads on little people its just not right and looks wrong! Stop making fun of these people they have Transheadglobia and by putting this kinda crap in games you're justifying harassment. You should be canceled and labeled as a racist or biggot because of it.

If you're still thinking this post is about Big heads in games your part of the problem. My biggest grip about gaming is woeness and political correctness. No one is forcing you to buy games you don't approve of!

1*vjyq9CH4gNJOhrsdFsxIxg.png

HTK

Banned
Let's start a gaming rant thread.

No special rules. Annoyances, infuriating things of just nitpicking.
Want something out of your system? Post it here

Here's one.

Why are so many game menu's such dogshit nowadays??! Like seriously.
Call of duty games are the prime example. You have to go through a goddamn 3D maze of menu's, submenu's, DLC shops just to play the damn game.
hHHsq3d.jpg

Seriously devs. I don't care for seasons/battlepasses/Early Acces shit.

I'm too stupid for this era. Can't you make an additional simpleton-menu for me where I have to choose between. Story/Multiplayer/Settings
I just want to press start and play.
I know you used the Warzone 1 menu which in comparison to Warzone 2 is amazing. Warzone 2 has the worst UX/UI I've ever used. It's godawful.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
SSX 2012
The 2012 sequal was a complet flop because it tried to be a snowboarding game instead of an ssx game. Although the game was decent they threw all the things which made SSX unique overboard and left it behind in the PS2 era.
These companies always make changes to a franchise because the previous installment failed.

SSX 3 was the flop. 2012 was the "People used to like SSX a little, maybe we can grow it if we go in this direction."

Eimran

These companies always make changes to a franchise because the previous installment failed.

SSX 3 was the flop. 2012 was the "People used to like SSX a little, maybe we can grow it if we go in this direction."
Umm....SSX3...flop??
The diehards favor tricky perhaps, but aside from that SSX3 was the best one in the entire franchise.
It scored the highest and did the best in sales.

In 99% of the rankings that game scored first. From ontour the franchise started to go downward.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Umm....SSX3...flop??
The diehards favor tricky perhaps, but aside from that SSX3 was the best one in the entire franchise.
It scored the highest and did the best in sales.

In 99% of the rankings that game scored first. From ontour the franchise started to go downward.

Sales >>> Player preferences

Apparently SSX 3 was the first SSX to sell over 1 million. Franchises needed to sell well north of 1 million in sales by 2012. EA needed the franchise to grow.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Another one:

Why do developers abandon their roots in sequels??
I understand you want to improve your games but you don't fucking abondon the one mechanic that made the game what it is.

Examples:

Hitman absolution.
The completely neutered the disguise system. They introduced this retarded system where everybody with same outfit can see through your outfit (even if you're wearing a goddamn mask. Like seriously who thought this was a good idea??). To prevent being caught you have to spend instinct (which lasts 10 seconds at best)
The whole point what made hitman so great is that you could blend in with the obliviously stupid crowd while thinking about that perfect calculated kill. You didn't have to worry about your outfit except if you did stupid suspicious things. In absolution the stupid mechanic forces you to basically go standard splinter cell stealth.

SSX 2012

Dying Light 2 (somewhat)
The night looks at some points like a very cloudy day. They did the night sooo well in the first one. It was dark, the enemies were brutal and you had to think quickly and conserve your flashlight. It was really scary going out at night and the odds of getting lost, making it even more suspenseful, were huge.
In DL2 you can see 100 meters ahead of you and the volatiles don't even spawn until your chase level is high enough.

simpsons-newsletter.gif

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
"Seasons," battle passes, etc are the worst thing ever. Online multiplayer is utter trash now all the way down thanks to this.

Just make the damn game have one game purchase price price for entry, high enough to keep out most of the children who shouldn't be online anyway, and to keep out the low-interest players. Then support it with additional maps occasionally for free. Screw all concepts of online gaming divided into seasons, screw F2P and all that comes with it.

Last edited:
Rant 1 - People passing their opinions when they have no fucking what they are talking about as factual information or in other words spreading misinformation when it comes to the gaming industry because they want to sound knowledgeable, get clout, and pretend they know better. When in reality, they know absolutely nothing.

Rant 2 - Another rant is when you have idiots who do not understand the differences between a remake and a remaster.

Rant 3 - Morons who say that Mass Effect is not an RPG also grind my gears.

Rant 4 - "omg thus game is too hard, pls make it have hand holding so I can feel good about myself." How about no, git good and go fuck yourself.

Rant 5 - Gamers who do not want to save money and think that Game Pass is a bad service. I didn't know they hated money that much.

Rant 6 - People who think Forspoken is a a good game are both cute and annoying at the same time. I just like to laugh at them.

Last edited:

Valt7786

What seems like all the multiplayer games chasing this stupid fortnite/zoomer generation, I get it, they're the kids you need to attract long term but I'm so sick of goofy clown/celebrity skins, that fortnite artstyle, battle passes, seasons etc just to take advantage of FOMO.
Companies like Blizzard going completely fucking downhill because they've hired people from previously mentioned generation to make their games who haven't got a clue what they're doing and focusing too much effort on making everything "inclusive and accessible". Just...fuck off. Watch that latest Diablo 4 "Devs play" video and it shows exactly what I mean.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Watch that latest Diablo 4 "Devs play" video and it shows exactly what I mean.
I missed that until now, lol

This is what you get with the corporate mentality where games are made like any other product. Games were infinitely better when each one was the product of obsessive and organically created small teams of tight-knit bros who put all their efforts into it as a passion. Go back and see what the devs of Doom looked like, how they operated, coded crazy ideas over beer at night, iterated like mad for their own tastes with zero focus testing... then compare to today's world where worthless middle-managers with business or HR backgrounds try to slice up the tasks to little diversity teams as a 9-5 job. It's generic crap.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Rant 1 - People passing their opinions when they have no fucking what they are talking about as factual information or in other words spreading misinformation when it comes to the gaming industry because they want to sound knowledgeable, get clout, and pretend they know better. When in reality, they know absolutely nothing.

Rant 2 - Another rant is when you have idiots who do not understand the differences between a remake and a remaster.

Rant 3 - Morons who say that Mass Effect is not an RPG also grind my gears.

Rant 4 - "omg thus game is too hard, pls make it have hand holding so I can feel good about myself." How about no, git good and go fuck yourself.

Rant 5 - Gamers who do not want to save money and think that Game Pass is a bad service. I didn't know they hated money that much.

Rant 6 - People who think Forspoken is a a good game are both cute and annoying at the same time. I just like to laugh at them.
1 people talking without knowing stuff

B - Remakermasters need to know stuff

4 ME is an RPG DEAL WITH IT

A - gamepass is the best deal

10 forspoken is deader than psvr2.

I just remade or remastered your post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom