• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympics sponsors want nothing to do with Team USA shooters

Status
Not open for further replies.
4q4giEt.png

Here's a better picture of it

529384794qu72.jpg

gcubed

This is GAF, after all. My relatively supportive views on (responsible) firearms ownership makes me clash with the dominant anti-gun rhetoric here. Competitive shooting is growing where I live. A skeet shooter (got a bronze) did well at the Olympics and what did our national news outlets do about it? They buried the story, because it doesn't fit their agenda of 'guns are evil and there are no sporting uses ever'.

This sounds like cry more I'm a victim then anything I've read in a while.

You know what else didn't get attention? Our medal in equestrian dressage. Fucking media conspiracy!

ElFly

shooting should be more exciting

how about the olympic comittee reworks the sport so they are shooting each other

suddenly, it'd be a massively popular sport

Fuchsdh

I don't think anyone is saying that you shouldn't teach you children early on that guns are dangerous. But I don't think the NRA is the right organization to do that considering its zealot like stance on all thing pew pew and the fact the kid is three. I would have to observe the class myself before making any kind of judgement call, but I would be extremely skeptical.

One of the biggest reasons the NRA are successful is that they run a lot of the gun training and safety courses around the country, so they capture people's contact info. It's a huge pool of gun owners to mine for the diehard people who will help push your agenda.

3gun would make for a much more interesting sport to add to the Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9EJKxlQgOw

Basically it combines target shooting with a timed obstacle course that requires you to move, shoot and reload with 3 different guns.

Looks like a lot more fun to watch too.
Is there a good reason why they haven't moved to this yet?

Having a sport where you need to move around sounds more like what the Winter Olympics have with the Biathlon, which I love watching.

Is there a good reason why they haven't moved to this yet?

Having a sport where you need to move around sounds more like what the Winter Olympics have with the Biathlon, which I love watching.

Biathlon is one of the greatest sports, next to Curling and Speed Skiing (bring it back, IOC)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Olympic 3G won't be a thing because gun regulations would basically mean that America would hoard all the medals all the games.

Some countries ban certain calibers such as .223. Others limit magazine capacity to a small amount of bullets. In most cases prices for both weapons and ammunitions are odiously expensive, which reduces an already tiny pool of competitors, automatically throwing it into sub-curling levels of popularity outside of America. Plus, good luck finding competitors in major countries with severe gun laws such as UK, Australia, Russia or China.

It. is. never. happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom