• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One cannot buy an Xbox One power brick w/o sending faulty one in.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I had to replace mine a month ago and it would take too long and just bought one off ebay, the piece of shit fan never stops working even when the consile is on standby.

I will have to "replace" the original one with MS now 😒

Yea, buying third party bricks that don't have Microsoft approval is not really advisable. I mean, this is a power supply, if one component is done on the cheap, it could fry your whole console. Worst case scenario, the whole thing could be a fire hazard.
Some may work, but I personally would never get one that isn't at least licensed by Microsoft.

thefit

Cant you just buy one on ebay or amazon? I personally don't have time to call/chat with some dumbass in tech support about anything just get outa my way and let me get my own replacement under my terms.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What?
Its connected to your console.
It cant really be lost.
During moving between homes and such. Or travel.

Cant you just buy one on ebay or amazon? I personally don't have time to call/chat with some dumbass in tech support about anything just get outa my way and let me get my own replacement under my terms.

You could, but it's risky. Read my above post.

Nintendo will not sell you a new gamepad for the WiiU either, they force you to send the original in.

Some guy had his stolen in here, and Nintendo made him send them the police report to prove it.

What the hell is up with that?

That's incredibly stupid. So if it gets lost or something you can never get a new one? And you're not allowed to have 2? Wow.

qGRqShc.jpg

MCD

Steph_E.

FWIW, if your power supply failed inside your WiiU or PS4, you'd have to send the whole console in or void your warranty to fix it. Obviously due to internal power supplies in both.

The Wii U has an external power supply - in fact it has two, as there is a separate one for the gamepad.

Spenny

I got a new one when the fake Chinese PSU that came with the Xbone I got off Craigslist exploded. Was $40 and came in a few days. This was over a year ago though so terms might have changed.

Top Bottom