• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't think this matters that much in a shonen series. Gear 4 will be like SS2 in DBZ; a big deal against its first opponent then nothing at all for the rest of them.

Depends. Gear Second was relevant until Gear 4. that's close to a decade. So that comparison doesn't make the most sense.

marmoka

Banned
I guess that the giant bird is the owner of the news agency, and the birds that bring newspapers are the employees.

Gosh, there's lots of corruption in One Piece, not only the underworld is creepy, even the media is involved.

Morticians?

2016_08_03_10_46_23_tumblr_inline_ndtc6aNvNu1qlr65v.jpg

Taborcarn

And the most powerful underworld figure is a giant snail that is the boss of all transponder snails. He knows all and sees all, even within the Navy and WG.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I guess that the giant bird is the owner of the news agency, and the birds that bring newspapers are the employees.

Gosh, there's lots of corruption in One Piece, not only the underworld is creepy, even the media is involved.

Morticians?

2016_08_03_10_46_23_tumblr_inline_ndtc6aNvNu1qlr65v.jpg

Eh when the WG is as corrupt as it is worryiung about the corruption of the underworld in media feel almost pointless. Propaganda and corruption vs corruption. What choices.

Morgans talking about the relationship between his company and the Germa probably has something to do with the Sora, Warrior of the Sea comic strip

So much for Pudding = Katakuri theory.
Katakuri (not calling him Dogtooth because I'm not sure that's accurate) is savage af. He (presumably) killed a man with a jellybean. lol

And Capone knows he's going to ruin their plan with his future-seeing Observation Haki.
I always assumed sooner or later we would see Observation Haki reach a new level of skill that would somewhat allow someone to see into the near or distant future.
It really appears to be the most useful/versatile color of Haki.

I can see Jewelry Bonney being one of Big Mom's daughters. Maybe she appears in the wedding?

Loved the new characters, and i hope everything goes to shit fast because chaos one piece is best one piece.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So much for Pudding = Katakuri theory.
Katakuri (not calling him Dogtooth because I'm not sure that's accurate) is savage af. He (presumably) killed a man with a jellybean. lol

And Capone knows he's going to ruin their plan with his future-seeing Observation Haki.
I always assumed sooner or later we would see Observation Haki reach a new level of skill that would somewhat allow someone to see into the near or distant future.
It really appears to be the most useful/versatile color of Haki.
Aisa/Slim Shady/Rebecca are my favorite Haki users for a reason.

NSESN

Dogtooth/Katakuri is badass and totally the big fight of the arc, reminds me of Overhaul. And another one of Pudding theories goes down.
Really hope that Oda is trying to throw us off about Jimbei.

Yeah, what's up with Bege here? He knows the guy and his haki, but doesn't think it's going to be an issue. Maybe just doesn't believe it.

It's way more funny if he has NO future seeing power and just does stuff like that and everyone just assume it was going to happen.

Yeah, what's up with Bege here? He knows the guy and his haki, but doesn't think it's going to be an issue. Maybe just doesn't believe it.

It's way more funny if he has NO future seeing power and just does stuff like that and everyone just assume it was going to happen.

This is what's getting to me. Bege knows about this jedi, yet never brought him up in the mission plan. Like, surely the FIRST thing to do is make sure the guy who can see seconds into the future doesn't ruin the seconds-specific plan. We know the plan will fail (it would never have been explained otherwise) but this is suspiciously transparent. I think it would be funnier to have the plan to work flawlessly at this point.

Goldboy

Man, this was a great chapter. The art this whole arc has been amazing, everything has this surreal and frightening feeling to it.

This is what's getting to me. Bege knows about this jedi, yet never brought him up in the mission plan. Like, surely the FIRST thing to do is make sure the guy who can see seconds into the future doesn't ruin the seconds-specific plan. We know the plan will fail (it would never have been explained otherwise) but this is suspiciously transparent. I think it would be funnier to have the plan to work flawlessly at this point.

Capone "Shalashaska" Bege

Metal B

I don't think, that he can look in the future with all details. He simply can foresee the action of one person. Similar how Enel couldn't read Luffy's attacks as he was throwing them out randomly. As long as Dogtooth isn't focusing on Bege or his men there should be no problems.

Yeah, or his ability is going to be nullified by some sort of silly gag or what not ("Lol, Luffy so random it doesn't work!"). Otherwise, how does this work? If the ability isn't potent, it kind of clashes with his position in Big Mama's crew and just how dangerous he should be.

Aisa/Slim Shady/Rebecca are my favorite Haki users for a reason.

I'm sure Rebecca can't use Observation Haki or any Haki period.

Didn't Luffy make a comment on how her evasive style was "like" she was using Observation Haki?

It was always a dumb theory.

It's not dumb, but it does rely too much on the idea of Pudding being a secret powerhouse even though her ability isn't suited for combat.
Unless Oda really wanted to stretch the capabilities of the Mem-Mem fruit to include muscle memory.

Syntsui

DogTooth is the coolest character ever, loved that badass design. His haki is broken as fuck though, can't believe a simple trait can go that far, it's not even his power wtf.

No, she was straight Eneling those fools.

Unless of course y'all wanna give Rebecca an incredible speed stat instead. Otherwise it's obviously haki

If you're talking about the Hakuba thing, I think it was a combination of luck and reaction time.
If she wasn't wearing her helmet, she would have lost the top of her head.

Lol, I think you guys are falling into the trap of seeing Haki in places where there isn't any.

Ray Down

Banned
It's not dumb, but it does rely too much on the idea of Pudding being a secret powerhouse even though her ability isn't suited for combat.
Unless Oda really wanted to stretch the capabilities of the Mem-Mem fruit to include muscle memory.
If Pudding was a sweet commander this whole time, I think Pekoms would have told them.

Or why BM would try and "marry" off on of her powerhouse when she can do it with a daughter no one barely knows about.

People only suspect her because Katakuri as mention but never shown just leading to speculation.

DogTooth is the coolest character ever, loved that badass design. His haki is broken as fuck though, can't believe a simple trait can go that far, it's not even his power wtf.
It's possible that since he honed his sense haki so much he may not be as adept in the other areas of haki. I could see him doing that if his devil fruit perhaps negates the need to learn armor haki.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's possible that since he honed his sense haki so much he may not be as adept in the other areas of haki. I could see him doing that if his devil fruit perhaps negates the need to learn armor haki.

Maybe he uses a sea stone weapon like Smoker? In that case it might be better for him to forgo armament haki, especially if he can't take a hit.

smurfx

get some go again
It is possible that Dogtooth is working with Bege.
you wouldn't have bege sweating about this guy if he was. if anything it would be katakuri using bege and his plan to his advantage if he was planning anything. although i don't see any of the kids ever doing something like that. they might not care if she dies but they are afraid enough of her to never try something directly against her.

edit: katakuri it will remain then!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Eh... Reminds me too much of Dogstorm, and honestly it doesn't sound very cool to me. (Do people even prefer to call Inuarashi Dogstorm?)

I stick with what Oda intends.
Which is why I glare at anyone that still uses "Zolo"

NSESN

Eh... Reminds me too much of Dogstorm, and honestly it doesn't sound very cool to me. (Do people even prefer to call Inuarashi Dogstorm?)

Both Dogstorm and Inuarashi sound strange to me. I prefer Cat Viper tho. I am actually not a fan of how the japanese language sounds, so it has some influence.

LotusHD

Banned
Both Dogstorm and Inuarashi sound strange to me. I prefer Cat Viper tho. I am actually not a fan of how the japanese language sounds, so it has some influence.

I mean, I just call them Inu and Neko. You do have a point that it can be a different story altogether regarding how it sounds in real life. 90% of the time I'm typing it out, as I have no reason to say the words out loud. I only have one friend in the vicinity that reads One Piece, so yea...

Nonetheless, Dogstorm, Dogtooth, and Cat Viper sound dumb to me.

I doubt a man with a bounty of 1 billion doesn't have CoA, even if his CoO is broken.
He probably does know CoA but he may just not be very skilled in it or doesn't use it as often.

Like I said it could maybe be because his DF negates the need to become skilled at it. His starch powers for example could be controlled with his mind, similar to lord cracker, which means he is never able to touch it to armament it.

Or maybe ever since honing his crystal balls, he has become so skilled at never getting hit that he's become cocky enough at not caring about armament haki.

Or, of course, he could be just as good at the other hakis as he is at sense haki because the writers need to make Big Mom's best commander look super cool and having a strong DF isn't good enough anymore. A.K.A. Power creep!

>an entire family with with names based on a food theme
>Despite using Katkuri in previous translations, they call him Dogtooth because it's the name of a flower.

Never change, MS.

RomanceDawn

The way that Jinbe's sacrificial nature is presented it feels like there is a big unresolved plot point just waiting to be exposed. Jinbe certainly didn't act that way during his flash back, maybe when he battled Ace? But I don't remember any of his famous "even if I die" words there. Someone actually dying for Jinbe some time after he became a War Lord which times very well with his mysterious scar appearing only after gaining the title could be in the works. That could explain why he didn't seem to want to die for Tiger or Otohime in the same way he seems to be oh so willing for White Beard and Luffy.

At least I think I'm remembering things correctly I'll have to look back to be sure. What ever the case it looks like Jinbe's fear regarding the fate of Fishman Island as well as Aladin's fear of Jinbe's suicidal nature are finally getting some focus and will get addressed this arc.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
How dare they provide us with above-average and attractive fan translations every week at incredible speed for free!

Lotta lookin a gift horse in the mouth up in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom