• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Fire

I hope the zoro focus on wano will show him with more emotions. Tired of his always-bored attitude. Pre time skip zoro used to be my favorite character but he became boring lately. Unfortunately.

I hope the zoro focus on wano will show him with more emotions. Tired of his always-bored attitude. Pre time skip zoro used to be my favorite character but he became boring lately. Unfortunately.
You'll get your one liner and a badass attack that's it . Probably won't even get hurt with how new world zoro is

Red Fire

You'll get your one liner and a badass attack that's it . Probably won't even get hurt with how new world zoro is

Haha that's what i fear. But i think he will have harder fights there and will actually struggle. Which should show him in a different light than what we are used by now.

If he doesn't have a hard fight in wano then i dunno where he would ever get one. Might as well become pirate king if he is that overpowered lol

Haha that's what i fear. But i think he will have harder fights there and will actually struggle. Which should show him in a different light than what we are used by now.

If he doesn't have a hard fight in wano then i dunno where he would ever get one. Might as well become pirate king if he is that overpowered lol
Zoro has been presented powerwise better than the captain just saying

Carl2291

As someone who wants to start watching One Piece but finds the almost 800 episodes total to be overwhelming, is there a list of episodes somewhere that can cut that down without missing anything too important?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
As someone who wants to start watching One Piece but finds the almost 800 episodes total to be overwhelming, is there a list of episodes somewhere that can cut that down without missing anything too important?
Look up One Pace, cuts out all filler

SaniOYOYOY

guys I think my katakuri hype went trough the roof this time, if I rock an avatar of his, would that be considered a spoiler here? i mean to the other thread

just start 1/2 episode daily

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
guys I think my katakuri hype went trough the roof this time, if I rock an avatar of his, would that be considered a spoiler here? i mean to the other thread

just start 1/2 episode daily
Go for it, not like they can tell who it is (or even that he's from OP based on his design)

charlotte_katakuri__one_piece_ch__860__by_fanalishiro-db3b6tr.png

Colored

Alternate

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching 780 episodes of One Piece if you're just starting out sounds like a ton but if you just watch two a day, every day, you'll be caught up in a little over a year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
for what it's worth, one piece was definitely one of those shows where you say you're gonna watch just one or two episodes... and then you've just marathoned 10 episodes in a day.

every day

for the entire summer of 2006

It was 2007 for me, and I had just gotten out of surgery. One day I watched One Piece for 20 hours straight because I couldn't really move! I watched pretty much all of Enies Lobby and Thriller Bark in a single day!

SolVanderlyn

KF had barely started Arabasta when I got into it.

Consider yourselves lucky

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I did it during the summer highschool ended and I was preparing to go to uni. Impel down in the anime. When I started the manga it was fucking awesome as it was the start of WB war arc and everyone online talking about it was going fucking crazy. That entrance that DF. WB was a fucking awesome character.

"Nothing could have stopped this, the rampaging point of this age! WB: not enough to scare me I am Whitebeard.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For such a good show early on One Piece had by far the worst collection of English fansubbers imaginable. Meanwhile Bleach and Naruto had multiple options back in the day!

Ogodei

for what it's worth, one piece was definitely one of those shows where you say you're gonna watch just one or two episodes... and then you've just marathoned 10 episodes in a day.

every day

for the entire summer of 2006

My story started in freshmen year of college, probably in October, after following One Piece's run on Toonami from beginning to end (so Episode 1 to Episode 166, skipping a few arcs as 4Kids did). I started watching about 6-7 episodes a week the rest of that Fall Semester, and then the whole of the spring semester.

From there, only watching a little bit in the summer and more during the school terms, it took me until April 2011 to get caught up, so about 2.5 years for over 300 episodes, and then i've watched weekly for the almost 6 years since then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I genuinely still love the anime but when big arcs start I usually miss a week or two..then three. then ten, then half a years worth. Then I watch it in one go.

As far as the dub is concerned though I marathon that as soon as its available. It improved my opinion of Impel Down and Marineford substantially, let's see what it does with Fishman Island in a few weeks!

NSESN

I never finished the anime, as much as I like the voice acting, the quality of the rest is really low. It deserves a better studio.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

lol....reminded me that he one-shot Pica like a fodder. I expect Oda to handicap him in a mayor way during the Wano Arc.

Ray Down

Banned

Monsters is canon story within One Piece staring Ryuma where he slays a dragon and is renown in his country, in said story he bears a striking resemblance towards Zoro except with black hair.

He an orphan with no memories of his parents, its entirly possible he is a distant desendant of Ryuma.

Plus the scene where he receives Shusui.

Anth0ny

KF had barely started Arabasta when I got into it.

Consider yourselves lucky

I think I had KF for everything up to Skypiea, then Skypiea was someone else, then Water 7 was someone else.

When I caught up the most recent episode was the "I wanna live!" episode in Enies Lobby. Crazy how long it's been since then.

caliph95

I marathoned the manga then watch some episodes of the anime then went back when it caught up. then marathoned the dub because then i can multitask while watching key scenes. Anyway the anime kinda went to shit during marineford i think or the prison arc and was worse post timeskip.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Got a feeling the alliance with Bege won't end here. Luffy, Law and Bege. The Hats alliance.

Luffy's going to end up allied with everyone from the Worst Generation (except for maybe Blackbeard).

Remember that the narrator concluded Marineford with something like "This was just a taste of what was to come..."

This series is going to climax with a marineford-like final conflict... except it's not going to just be the WB Alliance. It's gonna be EVERYONE. You're going to see the revolutionary army, dressrosa, drum, Elbaf, Alabasta, the fishmen, most of the warlords, all the supernovas, and maybe even the 4 emperors themselves and their crews, all converging on a single point, with the Straw Hats and Luffy leading the charge.

Red Fire

Luffy's going to end up allied with everyone from the Worst Generation (except for maybe Blackbeard).

Remember that the narrator concluded Marineford with something like "This was just a taste of what was to come..."

This series is going to climax with a marineford-like final conflict... except it's not going to just be the WB Alliance. It's gonna be EVERYONE. You're going to see the revolutionary army, dressrosa, drum, Elbaf, Alabasta, the fishmen, most of the warlords, all the supernovas, and maybe even the 4 emperors themselves and their crews, all converging on a single point, with the Straw Hats and Luffy leading the charge.

So just like in Naruto? 🤔

caliph95

So just like in Naruto? 🤔
So will it turn out that real bad guys wasn't the government or evil pirates but Kaguya from who Haki and Devil fruits come from. Also Akainu was just misunderstood and manipulated by Kaguya and luffy will beat her with the help of Blackbeard, who will be forgiven.

Red Fire

Caliph i'm laughing my ass off here 😂😂

Naruto gettin so much hate haha it's really sad. I enjoyed the whole manga, yes even the end. Don't think it was bad but i know I'm in the minority here 😂

NSESN

Caliph i'm laughing my ass off here 😂😂

Naruto gettin so much hate haha it's really sad. I enjoyed the whole manga, yes even the end. Don't think it was bad but i know I'm in the minority here 😂

I like Naruto, I don't even hate the war arc, but the Kaguya "arc" is just terrible.

Does katakuri(ha remembered it!) get taken out or maybe smoothie? Another commander is going down in sure what happens with big mom is the question
It took Nami and luffy(come on I mean sure we can count the homies if u want but how strong were those ones) to take out cracker so by the same token it should theoretically take luffy and sanji to take out Katakuri. Also think it's cool cracker specialized in Armaments and Katakuri in observation

What if it was Gol.d Rogers immortal mother who created the will of D and her name is Plat D. Num

Oh boy.

On topic though the next war is more than likely to draw in every kingdom in One Piece, not just the ones Luffy has been to. If it's a world war it's going to be on a global scale.

I can imagine Akainu overthrowing the Gorosei and taking control of the World Government to preserve his corrputed vision of Absolute Justice.

caliph95

Oda seems to have an actual plan unlike Kubo and is popular enough they probably going to have enough clout to end it somewhat on his terms. At worst it would be Naruto but let's have hope.

Though i wish Plat D. Num is canon

Ray Down

Banned
Oda seems to have an actual plan unlike Kubo and is popular enough they probably going to have enough clout to end it somewhat on his terms. At worst it would be Naruto but let's have hope.

Though i wish Plat D. Num is canon
It being Naruto would be terrible.

Metal B

He will at least ally with Kid. Those three were fighting together at the Auction House and i bet, this was for shadowing from Oda. Kid is also in a situation, where he needs Luffy's help, and he has an goal to achieve with taking down Kaido, revenge for his beat down and the betray of Apoo and Hawkins.

Bonney has already a connection to Zorro, which also looks like foreshadowing, while Urouge is the only complete wild card, since he allied with nobody yet.

It has to be, since the whole manga is building up a conflict between Luffy and the World Government, since Robin joined the crew. Taking them down, should be a world wide battle. Question is just, why and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom