• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
UjEobT2.gif
Liam looking like Final villain right there.

caliph95

those arguments were so cringeworthy

"friends or crewmates isn't a strong enough word to describe the straw hats bond. they are NAKAMA!"

ughhhhhhhhhhhh
As a newbie of following threads and such, this seems hilarious and will need an eli5 of the nakama wars.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Seriously what is the nakama wars i missed that arc

Not an arc.
The fandom is always at war on whether the word "nakama" should be used because early fansubs managed to trick people into thinking it's a special magic word.

It's not, and anyone that uses it unironically needs to be smacked.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Y'all are my nakama

caliph95

Not an arc.
The fandom is always at war on whether the word "nakama" should be used because early fansubs managed to trick people into thinking it's a special magic word.

It's not, and anyone that uses it unironically needs to be smacked.
well thats dumb and borderline weebish

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Charlotte "Nakama" Dogtooth

SolVanderlyn

YOU MISSED THE SAKAZUKI PUN THAT'S WHY SABO RECOVERED HIS MEMORIES BECAUSE EXCHANGING SAKE IS SAKAZUKI AND SAKAZUKI WHO IS AKAINU KILLED ACE SO HE MADE THE CONNECTION BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT SUCK IT WEEB HATERS

Red Fire

Arabasta is nonsense, it's alabasta
If L is too hard for japanese how come he is called luffy
in every language except german where it's ruffy, like rough-y

Vivi is best one piece waifu forever

Carrot will join

I'm out my nakamas

Syntsui

But Katakuri is the official english name, nakama is just a term that cam be translated as friend or companion.

So is Zolo.

Luffy is called Ruffy by japaneses due to language limitation.
Zolo is called Zoro by japaneses due to language limitation.

I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom