• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Fire

This isn't dragon ball, don't bring up that stupid power level crap

Uhhhh... what? I didn't say anything about power levels? I just said enel was way more powerful than many other villains. The only reason luffy won was because of the 'type matchup'. Other than that he had broken observation haki and his fruit makes him always invincible and faster than almost anyone.

Enel could barely touch Luffy though. Rubber > lightning. Match-up matters way more than raw power in One Piece.

Yeah as i said above that's the only reason luffy won (of course that was intentionally by oda). Regarding everything else he was leagues above luffy. If we compare with for example rob lucci, Luffy beat him with raw power. Against enel that would be impossible, even with armanent haki it would be difficult.

Carrot would be part of what ever tier Robin, Franky and Brook are in.

Sad she ain't though.

Brook had a 1v1 against a yonko! He the man! And franky ain't week, he is pretty strong. 4th strongest of the strawhats.

Red Fire

I was being completely earnest. I struggle to think anyone that has a more mundane panel presence than Jinbei. I don't find anything interesting about him, his personality, his design, his anything. He's just... there. Not a bad character, I guess, just... boring and inoffensive.

Unseasoned cod fish next to the gourmet steak that is the rest of the SH crew. No thank you!

tenor.gif

You mean like... robin 90% of the time?

i don't like dragon ball super because the power levels just don't make sense! Forget storytelling, what about them power levels? How am I supposed to enjoy Dragon Ball if I don't know who's the strongest?!
I don't see how anybody can get any enjoyment outta that show taking power levels seriously. Krillin held his own against a SSB kamehameha and android 17 completely tanked it. Go with the flow

Veelk

Banned
OP 863 Spoilers are out

Chapter begins with a flashback of Big Mom discovering Pudding. It's revealed that as a child, Pudding's bounty is revealed to be 1.5 billion. Reason given is that she uses her eye to see across time, both past and present, and has hidden powers even beyond that.
Big Mom reveals that she loves her because she not only provides information on her enemies, but also the void century.
Luffy goes for Big Mom, but Katakuri gets in his way. Sanji however fights Katakuri, to give Luffy an open path to Big Mom.
Bege rips the picture in half, causing big mom to fall to her knee's in despair. Luffy goes for Big Mom.
To everyone's shock, pudding blocks him effortlessly. Pudding is angry, yelling about how Sanji ruined everything.
She extends her open hand, then crushes it. Luffy freezes for a moment, then begins to compress. He squeezes into a smaller and smaller space until he disappears from existance entirely. Big Mom has gotten over her shock, but now looks over at pudding, with a look of horror on her face, knowing what the straw hats have unleashed.
Pudding, dark of eye, looks over the party. She looks at sanji. She extends her open hand, and crushes it. Sanji dies.
Everyone dies.
Pudding laughs.

Magwik

Banned
OP 863 Spoilers are out

Chapter begins with a flashback of Big Mom discovering Pudding. It's revealed that as a child, Pudding's bounty is revealed to be 1.5 billion. Reason given is that she uses her eye to see across time, both past and present, and has hidden powers even beyond that.
Big Mom reveals that she loves her because she not only provides information on her enemies, but also the void century.
Luffy goes for Big Mom, but Katakuri gets in his way. Sanji however fights Katakuri, to give Luffy an open path to Big Mom.
Bege rips the picture in half, causing big mom to fall to her knee's in despair. Luffy goes for Big Mom.
To everyone's shock, pudding blocks him effortlessly. Pudding is angry, yelling about how Sanji ruined everything.
She extends her open hand, then crushes it. Luffy freezes for a moment, then begins to compress. He squeezes into a smaller and smaller space until he disappears from existance entirely. Big Mom has gotten over her shock, but now looks over at pudding, with a look of horror on her face, knowing what the straw hats have unleashed.
Pudding, dark of eye, looks over the party. She looks at sanji. She extends her open hand, and crushes it. Sanji dies.
Everyone dies.
Pudding laughs.
1dyepMd.gif

Ray Down

Banned
Spoilers are coming out, would a chapter title be a spoiler....will just spoiler it out anyhow....

Ch. 863:
Consummate Chivalry

3 and a half ours before invasion, Luffy proposed a plan to capture a bunch of animals from the forest into his appearance and erupt from the cake.

Present time
The wedding cake collapses due to the bunch of Luffy's erupting from it.
An enrage Big Mom demands that the cooks bring out a new cake.
When the cooks refuse asking her not to ask such impossible demands, she releases her powers.
She chants "Life or Wedding Cake" and takes their lifespan from their bodies.
Her power "Soul Vocals" is addressed to a person's attachments, and if they show even a little fear of death, then she takes their lifespan.
Everyone follows Luffy and enters the venue.
BM yells about which is the real one, and Bege snickers in reply according to the disturbance plan. However, Bege is shocked when the real Luffy simply identifies himself.
Luffy aims for the picture stand, but Katakuri reads the future,extends his leg, and sends Luffy flying with a kick. He is covered by Katakuri's foot and becomes immobilized.
Katakuri interrogates Luffy to where he heard about the importance of the picture.
Jinbe rushes in and "Black Tea Current One-armed Shoulder Throw" and soaks Katakuri's feet with tea. Katakuri's feet muddily dissolves and Luffy escapes his grasp.
According to Jinbe, Katakuri has the Logia "Mochi Mochi no Mi", and it's possible to escape if he becomes wet but it's better not to be careless.
Jinbe protects Bege by stating that he was the one who told Luffy about the picture. Luffy is ecstatic as Jinbe declares to BM that he wants to quit her crew and join the Strawhats.
BM demands that he take the punishment of leaving, but Jinbe accepts on the terms that she doesn't harm anyone else.
She uses her Soul Vocals and states to Jinbe"Stay or Life", who chooses Life. Normally, she should be able to take his lifespan, but nothing happens because Jinbe doesn't have any fear facing Big Mom.

"Why would a man who will be a crew member of the future Pirate King be afraid of someone like one of the four emperors!!! If you don't take my life, then I'm returning my pledge of loyalty! With that, I quit the Big Mom Pirates! Thank you for your previous assistance!"

An enraged Big Mom orders Zeus and Prometheus on Jinbe, but in the confusion Brook destroys the picture stand.

End.

LotusHD

Banned
Spoilers are coming out, would a chapter title be a spoiler....will just spoiler it out anyhow....

Ch. 863:
Consummate Chivalry

3 and a half ours before invasion, Luffy proposed a plan to capture a bunch of animals from the forest into his appearance and erupt from the cake.

Present time
When the cooks refuse asking her not to ask such impossible demands, she releases her powers.

Lol Big Mom got her priorities together

caliph95

Ch. 863:
Consummate Chivalry

Present time
Her power "Soul Vocals" is addressed to a person's attachments, and if they show even a little fear of death, then she takes their lifespan.
Everyone follows Luffy and enters the venue.
BM yells about which is the real one, and Bege snickers in reply according to the disturbance plan. However, Bege is shocked when the real Luffy simply identifies himself.
FFS Luffy lol
Also BM is more and more op

Anth0ny

ah, so no effect on luffy. lol

LotusHD

Banned
Regarding spoilers:

Damn this chapter sounds hype af. Figured as much about that usage of Big Mom's powers since the first time she used them.

Katakuri is a Logia user that can see the future... Well damn.

Jinbe has some serious death flags imo, but this is still One Piece where death is a rarity for prominent characters, so he should be fine...
probably. D:

EDIT:

Oh... well that's one death flag avoided lmao

Ray Down

Banned
Spoilers are completed.

Thoughts:
I thought based on the title this would be a chapter about Sanji and Pudding :-(

But Jinbei hype helps my pain, this man is worthy of all the praise to become a SH and fuck the HATERS!

LotusHD

Banned
Spoilers are completed.

Thoughts:
I thought based on the title this would be a chapter about Sanji and Pudding :-(

But Jinbei hype helps my pain, this man is worthy of all the praise to become a SH and fuck the HATERS!

To be fair, it did say "consummate"

Ain't nobody more noble in this arc than Jinbe lol

Jinbe is awesome

That said Brook is clearly the real MVP here (this chapter and this arc)

I'mma have to give Brook a raise in my Straw Hats ranking once all is said and done. Dude is so damn helpful this arc

Ray Down

Banned
This also gives more crediance to greg theory of having to bake a cake to stop BM, when the plan fucks up.

I guess Sanji and Pudding will do it.

Ray Down

Banned
OK addition to the spoilers:

- About the color spread/ special poster, more than 600 characters are crammed into the drawing. All of the characters except Luffy are cropped from older chapters.

- Sanji is protecting Pudding when the wedding cake collapses.
So 10/10 chapter confirmed.

marmoka

Banned
OP 863 Spoilers are out

Everyone dies.
Pudding laughs.

This is hilarious XD. Something inside of me knew this was a joke, and it was worth reading.

Whatever happens, tomorrow we will see Pudding's full potential. She's the most interesting character of all the arc. Not like Carrot, which is just a filler, even Pedro and Pekoms are more interesting than her.

I have high hopes to see Nami fighting hard with the new weapon. Brook has shown some of his hidden soul power, and we haven't seen nothing yet. And probably Sanji's hidden power will finally awake.

And Chopper,... Nobody cares about him.

Ray Down

Banned
This is hilarious XD. Something inside of me knew this was a joke, and it was worth reading.

Whatever happens, tomorrow we will see Pudding's full potential. She's the most interesting character of all the arc. Not like Carrot, which is just a filler, even Pedro and Pekoms are more interesting than her.

0Jex5.gif

Sad we got to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom