• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
To think that this ominous boss of Arlong mentioned waaaaaay back at Baratie would turn out to be the awesome 10th crew member almost 20 years later.

0c4639c6bd1d916fd5f540d3d5eb4dca.jpg

marmoka

Banned
This reminds me, that on early OP chapters, Luffy mentioned he wanted to have a pirate crew of 10 members. Here is, finally, the 10th Strawhat. So lets forget about Vivi, Carrot, Pudding. Jinbei won. I always had hopes for the next strawhat to be a woman, but I guess Oda has other plans.

No, I'm considering a ship another strawhat member. Going Merry and Thousand Sunny are just that, ships.

I don't still close doors for new strawhats. Oda loves surprising us every single week.

This reminds me, that on early OP chapters, Luffy mentioned he wanted to have a pirate crew of 10 members. Here is, finally, the 10th Strawhat. So lets forget about Vivi, Carrot, Pudding. Jinbei won. I always had hopes for the next strawhat to be a woman, but I guess Oda has other plans.

No, I'm considering a ship another strawhat member. Going Merry and Thousand Sunny are just that, ships.

I don't still close doors for new strawhats. Oda loves surprising us every single week.

10 members wasn't including Luffy himself

Kreed

One Piece 863:

Big Mom's Life stealing powers being linked to fear is disappointing, but otherwise it's nice to finally see all the build up paying off/the Straw Hats and Jinbei looking good in this arc (with the press watching) after so many low points. I have a feeling next chapter is going to be where something goes wrong.

One Piece 863:

Big Mom's Life stealing powers being linked to fear is disappointing, but otherwise it's nice to finally see all the build up paying off/the Straw Hats and Jinbei looking good in this arc (with the press watching) after so many low points. I have a feeling next chapter is going to be where something goes wrong.

It had to have some sort of weakness or she would just be to OP .
Still i think it's link more to the fear of dying than just fear .

caliph95

It's still weird but yeah otherwise there is nothing stopping her from instakilling the heroes, she is still powerful and a titan without it so it's fair

El Sabroso

Great chapter, Jinbei and Brook nailed it

wonder if Chopper will be spotted by Morgans so he can finally break his course/joke on his bounty

Big One

Banned
I still can't get over Jinbe's place on the team. I don't mind him joining, but where is his tragic backstory? Kind of ruins the flow of things.

I'm betting he might have something in Wano, though. That Japanese get-up he wears must come from something.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Go Jinbe and Brook! Fuck you Golden Week!

Katakuri with the Mochi Mochi Fruit. I was wondering what his food power was. Yeah I'd love to see Sanji use his knives again.

Laughed at Bege getting a reaction face, he really had no idea what he was getting into.

Gotta give Big Mom's already OP power a weakness. It was set up early on that fear was the trigger when she did it to her son.

Kreed

It's still weird but yeah otherwise there is nothing stopping her from instakilling the heroes, she is still powerful and a titan without it so it's fair

A weakness is fine (Enel vs Luffy, Brooke vs Big Mom, etc...) but fear or "fear of death" means she pretty much won't be able to use her full powers on any "bad ass" in the One Piece world (Luffy, Zoro, Law, Kaido, Shanks, Black Beard, etc...). I liked Brooke being immune to her powers better since it was "unique"/made sense.

LotusHD

Banned
Year of Brook

Of course​.

Alright fine Jinbe was kinda cool in this chapter.

Even my boy Blackleg has to admit Jinbe was kinda cool here

Just kinda cool?

Anyone still feel like calling Jinbe a coward? Lol

Lol

I still can't get over Jinbe's place on the team. I don't mind him joining, but where is his tragic backstory? Kind of ruins the flow of things.

I mean, him losing Fisher Tiger is significant enough imo, not to mention he has his dream as well.

I'm betting he might have something in Wano, though. That Japanese get-up he wears must come from something.

There's a theory that there's more to Jinbe's backstory than we know right now, since the scar under his eye was conspicuously missing during the entire FI flashback

Big One

Banned
There's a theory that there's more to Jinbe's backstory than we know right now, since the scar under his eye was conspicuously missing during the entire FI flashback
I think so too. There's definitely a bit more there than meets the eye. Wano going to be so freaking hype.

With Jinbe joining I wonder if that theory that the next Strawhats are going to be characters we've already seen in the story previously rings true.

marmoka

Banned
I think so too. There's definitely a bit more there than meets the eye. Wano going to be so freaking hype.

With Jinbe joining I wonder if that theory that the next Strawhats are going to be characters we've already seen in the story previously rings true.

The Pirate-Mink-Samurai-Ninja-Fishman Alliance

Hype!!

NSESN

Before this chapter I was just OK with Jimbe joining, but now he absolutely deserves his space in the crew.

And Pudding will have her life totally sucked by Big Mom, won't she?

Geg

I'll repeat my earlier reaction to the spoilers: Jinbe da best

Also lol at Chopper and Carrot eating the cake while waiting for the portrait to be destroyed.

Brook wins.

Jinbe was cool, too.

I wish we had gotten a Pudding followup this chapter, but everything was so cool that I can't complain. This arc is just incredible.

Red Fire

Who would've thought that brook would pull so many things this arc

Now i don't have to defend him anymore cause everybody sees how awesome he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom