• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh so there it is....

this is the feeling, when you can look at a Sugo and say - "Nope, not worth" and dont have to spend all your stones in pursuit of your first Legend unit. Finally.

Well i also own most of the boosted units already and need the stones for Zephyr/box space. Maybe ill do one pull for fun - but ill have to figure out how much stones Zephyr will cost me first.

Adeptrain

I am so glad the Gran Tesoro FN is over!!! I ran that so much that I honestly never want to do it ever again!!! But, I still need log luffy books...ㅠㅠ

Adeptrain

Holy cow! That was amazing! I just maxed out the coffin ship with less than 100 Cola! Did they up the success rate too cause I only got one failure going from lvl 1 to 10.

cw_sasuke

Holy cow! That was amazing! I just maxed out the coffin ship with less than 100 Cola! Did they up the success rate too cause I only got one failure going from lvl 1 to 10.

Wow congrats...thats ridiculous. Is there an event going on ?

MANUELF

Banned
Thanks for reminding me This was up, maxed the Thousand sunny and the coffin boat is level 6 with no failure so far

bjork

I would like to pull in hopes of a Cavendish, because we all know boosted rates are never reliable. But, I've also gone in deep for one character in past sugos, and that is even less reliable. So I'm gonna skip. If I did a multi, that's 50 gems, which is over 150 runs of a 40 stam boss for me.

Today's goal is to try and tackle the forests. The only one I ever finished is Mihawk's. So while I do laundry, I'm gonna see if I can nail the other three. I know I have all the units I need, I just don't know about special levels and whatnot.

Majukun

today I don't have much to do, I would have preferred to get the kid's rerun today.
maybe I'll farm story blueno... only because we got his skillbook next and the skillup is near, also 2 guaranteed STR orbs are not bad.

hopefully it drops

RalchAC

Managed to finally finish Whitebeard's Training Forest. Having SWS Zoro, Alvida and GP Usopp at max CD is great, you can stall on Blamenco and even WB as much as you want.

And I've maxed the Moby Dick! And I still have 150 Cola left!

Now I only need to give a look to some of the Pheasant Forest Log Luffy teams.

I am so glad the Gran Tesoro FN is over!!! I ran that so much that I honestly never want to do it ever again!!! But, I still need log luffy books...ㅠㅠ

Don't worry. You won't be able to do it ever again.

today I don't have much to do, I would have preferred to get the kid's rerun today.
maybe I'll farm story blueno... only because we got his skillbook next and the skillup is near, also 2 guaranteed STR orbs are not bad.

hopefully it drops

That might be a good idea, thanks!

I can't even open the damn mail. It tells me to spend some cola and gives me a tracking error. This is going to annoy me when I have 7 or so of them sitting my box and can't get rid of them.

Half cola time?!

Let's do this, starting with 994 cola!

Striker:
fails: 6
success: 8

Down to 911 cola for next ship.

Let's do...

Dreadnaught Sabre:
fails: 10
success: 6

Actually took more effort/tries than the Striker, 815 cola left.

Big Top:
fails: 10
success: 3

... yeah taking a break from that one, I don't even need it. -_-

bjork

I keep whiffing on stage 19 of the WB forest. I get in there, hit GPU's special and wipe out Ace and Izo, but then I either don't get Rakuyo and Vista down, or Blamenco takes me out. I'm getting closer every time, though.

bobohoro

Coffin boat maxed on first try today, sadly haven't had much cola stored up so I could only bring the Navi ship up to Lv 6. Hopefully will get it close to done before the end of the week. Will also wait to start future ships now and see how frequent half cola events are.

Kinda lost on what to farm today so I did a bit of story, even if Hogback's mansion doesn't have any bonus today. Will aim for 30-40 copies of Zephyr tomorrow and finish him off the week afterwards.

Is Breed all that important if you do not have Sengoku? I'll get a copy regardless, but I'm not sure if he is worth farming, especially when I don't need SBs from his FN.

Ray/Ray
Alvida/Doflamingo
GPU/Perona

everyone's special max except Rayleigh, everyone max level except Alvida. It's a timing thing with the specials, I think.

For the vista/blameco stage I kinda used a trick where I go:

gpu -> perona -> alvida (or was it perona -> gpu -> alvida? It's been a while)

purely to survive Blameco two/three times; As long as both Perona & Alvida are charged and your health is over ... 3-4k, you'll be ready for WB's stage.

So my basic structure for that was to lower the damage on two hits of blameco, giving me a lot of turns to heal up; then finally take one hit straight on [using the remaining 3 turns to heal up to +-3-4k]

The end result is that both Perona and Alvida should be charged on +- the exact turn you need them if you calculate it properly.

It's not a particularly pretty or efficient way to do it, but it worked for me.

edit, remember for the final stage:

Doffy needs to be ready ASAP

Alvida is necessary for turn 3, to survive WB

I believe you need Perona turn 6 to survive his second attack;

Then you need GPU.

So as long as your specials are at that # (7 turns for godsopp?) when entering the stage & you have..

19,980 x 0.2 = 3996
19,980 x 0.1 = 1998

5995? hp to spare, you have everything necessary for WB. (unless RAY teams handle the final stage fundamentally differently from LOG luffy)

bjork

Oh, something else I need to consider is Marco's cooldown on the stage where it's just him. He can appear with 1-3, but I've had 1 repeatedly. So I've just been eating a hit from him rather than waste an Alvida, because then I won't have it for the next stage. I think if he turns up with a 3, I make it no sweat.

We shall see~

Is Breed all that important if you do not have Sengoku? I'll get a copy regardless, but I'm not sure if he is worth farming, especially when I don't need SBs from his FN.

I have a Sengoku and I think I've only used Breed a handful of times. But he seems pretty strong for a low-cost unit, so I don't think he's necessarily bad. Just not key.

RalchAC

I've been looking to build a Powerhouse team, since I have my 3D2Y Sanji. But between the units I lack, my 25CD unevolved Kuma (pls Lobster Cavern) and the fact that Powerhouse seems to be quite RR heavy, my results haven't been that good.

Is there any unit I can pair with Kuma for full matching orbs?

Ray/Ray
Alvida/Doflamingo
GPU/Perona

everyone's special max except Rayleigh, everyone max level except Alvida. It's a timing thing with the specials, I think.

I think one of the problems with Rayleigh is that it needed some luck with orbs. Have you thought about using a Slasher team instead?

MiTYH

My thoughts this morning after so many events:

- Sad that Kid colo went away early, but happy it's back for a day and a free gem! Doubt I'll do it though with all that stuff going on

- Sad to see 1/2 stamina end too. That event is always fun.

- 1/2 cola event is up and with no ships to use it on (I don't have skill levels for WB, Aojiki, or Ace), I'm left using my 800 cola maxing the Baratie and Flying Merry. They're done, BTW and I still have 675 cola left. That Dinghy is calling me... Then again I never got the ships from orange town or syrup village missions. Hm...

- Gotta do math to calculate how many Z and Tesoro I need (Don't have a reliable enough team for Shiki, and I've got some copies so I'll just do natural stamina for that). My levels are:
-- Z 29/16 (13 needed)
-- Ain 21/15 (6 more needed)
-- Tesoro 22/14 (8 more needed)
-- Carina 12/10 (2 more needed)
So I clearly need to hit Z hard, which is good since he comes back 3 times. I'll probably do natural stamina for his first show, then see how RNG treats me. I lack good shooters, so I'm pretty much in it to max it, at least skill-wise. I'm over 160 stamina so that's 4 runs per gem, which is pretty good, and the double Marco team is easy peasy. I anticipate the same for Tesoro, gemming to win his 40 for copies and max his skill (to say goodbye to the Bon Clay/Garp combo), maybe get good sockets too.
My only regret is that I can't beat 60 stamina for that rainbow crab evolver. Whatever, it'll come back eventually

- Sugo= skip sugo. I'll pull once, but gems need to go to raids this time around, and I don't particularity want the legends. Though if I could get 3D2Y Sanji that would be awesome (or zoro!)

- I haven't even looked yet at the returning FN drops. I WANT TO PULL 3D2Y ZORO, so I'll farm the books maybe and just... hoard them for a bit? Undecided

EDIT: I checked and to get the Syrup Village missions complete, I just need a random drop of cola. ..... what the hell! There' no ship/character who boosts this chance, is there?

bjork

I think one of the problems with Rayleigh is that it needed some luck with orbs. Have you thought about using a Slasher team instead?

I could probably manage it with a slasher team, but I'm so close, I'd hate to give up just yet.

EDIT: I checked and to get the Syrup Village missions complete, I just need a random drop of cola. ..... what the hell! There' no ship/character who boosts this chance, is there?

Nope. I remember some people waited for 2x drop days, but iirc I just did stage 2 since it had 5 battles and I could zip through it and got it without much trouble.

cw_sasuke

Finally beat Amazon Lily Story Island - used G3. It wasnt even that difficult once i figured it out, half Stamina helped a lot since i could allow a bunch of screw up heh.

Otherwise there isnt much left to do right now...hope i can successfully farm Zephyr tomorrow.

MiTYH

Nope. I remember some people waited for 2x drop days, but iirc I just did stage 2 since it had 5 battles and I could zip through it and got it without much trouble.

Yeah didn't think so. It's tempting to run through and try today even without x2 drop, but there's more important things to do.

I did math. Quoting to see it easier

BUTLER FN
INT Franky (739)- 3 skillups needed
Lao G- 5 skillups needed
Butler- 6 skillups needed

DEAD END FN
Whitey bay- 5 skillups needed
INT Franky (629)- 5 skillups needed
Gasparde- 5 skillups needed
3d2y zoro (pipe dream to pull him...)

DR INDIGO FN
Oars JR- 1 skillup needed
Dr. Indigo- 8 skillups needed
3d2y sanji (pipe dream to pull him...)

ROBIN NAMI FN
Tilestone- 2 skillups needed
3d2y Nami- 7 skillups needed

TESORO FN
Dice- 3 skillups needed

So, pipe dreams aside, I'll still need to hit some of these hard. I know I can get Oars JR books elsewhere so I'm happy I won't have to go through indigo a lot. Gonna be a tough month...

Finally beat Amazon Lily Story Island - used G3. It wasnt even that difficult once i figured it out, half Stamina helped a lot since i could allow a bunch of screw up heh.

Otherwise there isnt much left to do right now...hope i can successfully farm Zephyr tomorrow.

What team/tactic did you use? I've not beaten the final island yet and would like to know a succesful tactic.

cw_sasuke

What team/tactic did you use? I've not beaten the final island yet and would like to know a succesful tactic.
You mean the final Stage ? Because the latest Island is Impel Down i think xD

But anyway the team was straightforward:

G3/G3
Doffy/Raidhawk
Alvida/Golden Pound

Only Alvida/Perona and GP are really necessary though. Just make it to the final stage with enough HP to tank both attacks from the sisters with Alvida/Perona active, after 3 turns you can --- > Golden Pound --> MIhawk/Doffy/etc. kill them.

You have Log Luffy so it will be even easier for you, healing back can be an issue with G3 once you get hit but it worked out fine for me on the last run.

I think there's like 3 FNs that have whitey bay books in it, I remember running into her books several times after maxing her.

hopefully it drops

This post made me decide to farm Enies Lobby, got Fukuro after just 2 runs ... awesome.

The only CP9 story characters I'm missing are Blueno and Kumadori now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'll probably pull on this Sugo. Because I am weak. I already have Marco, though... and I need to spend gems trying to get these raids done.

MANUELF

Banned
I think there's like 3 FNs that have whitey bay books in it, I remember running into her books several times after maxing her.

This post made me decide to farm Enies Lobby, got Fukuro after just 2 runs ... awesome.

The only CP9 story characters I'm missing are Blueno and Kumadori now.
Heh in Japan I got Story Blueno, Fukuro and Kumadori from FP pulls
I will spend today stamina trying to Get a second Django for his other evolution

EMT0

Banned
Today's starting off excellently; I got the Coffin Boat maxed with a bit of cola to spare, farmed a few Elder Sea Horses which let me evolve Gild Tesoro and Enel, and I got Mr.1 to drop on my third try. Let's see if I can pull off Crocoboy too.

bjork

Decided to take a break from the forest, went through and got rid of all the evolvers I don't currently need. I've got almost 400 spots free now. Gonna wrap some presents and then run Baccarats til bedtime. I know I won't max Gladius or Diamante, but I can get them close, at least.

MANUELF

Banned
Today's starting off excellently; I got the Coffin Boat maxed with a bit of cola to spare, farmed a few Elder Sea Horses which let me evolve Gild Tesoro and Enel, and I got Mr.1 to drop on my third try. Let's see if I can pull off Crocoboy too.
Im jealous, Mr 1 took me a long while but congrats on getting him and maxing the coffin boat, mine is at level 6 but I have no cola to upgrade it

cw_sasuke

Made it to stage 18 on Ace Forest - was kinda low on HP but i had Alvida/Iva actives so i thought i could survive....well then Blackbeard debuffed and killed me lol. I thought he only debuffs once you cross the 50% HP mark ?

Maybe another time...no more OPTC for today...tomorrow is Zephyr time.

Hope i can farm him well enough with Double Marco, Garp, Mr.2, Coby and Impact Usopp.

MiTYH

WHAT WHAT WHAAT!?

Saving Stamina for Z tonight, noticed I had enough to do 2 runs of Syrup village to try for the cola. Second try, got the cola drop! So now the Bezan Black is mine! Time to put this 679 cola to use!

EDIT: And done. Wow, last one was brutal, even at 8 cola. Can't imagine it at 16. Anyway, down to 560 cola, so not terrible all things considered. Don't know what I'll use it for other than red turtle time, but I had it, so there's that.

commish

How do you guys get so much cola? I've only maxed out one boat but am out of cola. My whole stash of 30 cola did not last very long.

RR30

Going to do my best to try and skip this sugo. I already have Jimbe and Marco. Will wait for that next batch which is Aokiji?

EMT0

Banned
Im jealous, Mr 1 took me a long while but congrats on getting him and maxing the coffin boat, mine is at level 6 but I have no cola to upgrade it

Haha, I wouldn't sweat it too much, Zephyr's gonna wreck me later today as the price of excellent luck ;___;

CR6dVPc.png

This is an alternative team that I've come up with if I run out of Marco friends. It also probably works with just about any good PSY captain, including Garp. I haven't tested it yet, but I've done the math and I'm confident I can pull it off. Beatdown till 4th turn, use Nami on the 4th turn, beatdown till 8th turn, use Alvida, beatdown till ready to burst, pop Tesoro, Squard, Monet, and MT Nami if maxed special in case you fail, KO him. If you fail, MT Nami saves your bacon if her special is maxed and you can clean up next turn. If you've got Impact Dial Usopp, replace Monet, and FN Coby is a solid unit to replace Squard with if you have him.

I hope you guys are gonna be using PSY captains, cuz I have like three :3

EDIT: Guys, is Ain a guaranteed drop on 40 stamina Zephyr?

MANUELF

Banned
CR6dVPc.png

This is an alternative team that I've come up with if I run out of Marco friends. It also probably works with just about any good PSY captain, including Garp. I haven't tested it yet, but I've done the math and I'm confident I can pull it off. Beatdown till 4th turn, use Nami on the 4th turn, beatdown till 8th turn, use Alvida, beatdown till ready to burst, pop Tesoro, Squard, Monet, and MT Nami if maxed special in case you fail, KO him. If you fail, MT Nami saves your bacon if her special is maxed and you can clean up next turn. If you've got Impact Dial Usopp, replace Monet, and FN Coby is a solid unit to replace Squard with if you have him.

I hope you guys are gonna be using PSY captains, cuz I have like three :3
My usual PSY captain is RR Shanks and his team is Garp, Señor Pink, Impact Usopp and Squard, with a friend SW Shanks I can easily hit for 2 million in a single turn
Also will use the Thousand Sunny for the first time against him

commish

EMT0, if there are no Marcos on your list, just back up a screen and then check again to see if a Marco guest appears. Repeat until a Marco appears. That's how I was able to use Enel for Blackbeard. I only have 1 friend with a leveled Enel. The other 30 I used were just guests i got to populate by constantly redoing the friend list.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide between a Marco led team and a Ray led team. I think I can burst him down with the Marco team, but the Ray team seems to be the more sure thing. I'll have to make a few practice attempts.

EMT0

Banned
My usual PSY captain is RR Shanks and his team is Garp, Señor Pink, Impact Usopp and Squard, with a friend SW Shanks I can easily hit for 2 million in a single turn
Also will use the Thousand Sunny for the first time against him

I'm really glad to hear that, lol

EMT0, if there are no Marcos on your list, just back up a screen and then check again to see if a Marco guest appears. Repeat until a Marco appears. That's how I was able to use Enel for Blackbeard. I only have 1 friend with a leveled Enel. The other 30 I used were just guests i got to populate by constantly redoing the friend list.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide between a Marco led team and a Ray led team. I think I can burst him down with the Marco team, but the Ray team seems to be the more sure thing. I'll have to make a few practice attempts.

Yup, that's my desperation ploy for when I run out of friend captains. Marco and Rayleigh you say? My friend has a Rayleigh team and I tried to help him out. This was what I came up with, and it uses the same strategy I use with my Marco and Tesoro teams, beatdown and burst:

IKCAmAP.png

The Marco team I posted is also back on the last page, IIRC

MANUELF

Banned
Hopefully I didnt use today luck, was farming for Jabra and I had an excess of stamina so I run for Nezumi once and he dropped....

commish

I've used the calculator to try to put together about 50 different Ray teams, haha. Ray leads allow you a lot of flexibility. I have the Nami to block one round of damage, but I don't have any other way to block the damage. So, I need to beat him down faster and/or use more delays.

I honestly might just wait until Z comes back the 2nd or 3rd time before going hardcore on him, so my team will be stronger. It'll depend on how much I can stall since I don't have much in the way of useful sockets to help things and my SPs are all pretty high.

MANUELF

Banned
I've used the calculator to try to put together about 50 different Ray teams, haha. Ray leads allow you a lot of flexibility. I have the Nami to block one round of damage, but I don't have any other way to block the damage. So, I need to beat him down faster and/or use more delays.

I honestly might just wait until Z comes back the 2nd or 3rd time before going hardcore on him, so my team will be stronger. It'll depend on how much I can stall since I don't have much in the way of useful sockets to help things and my SPs are all pretty high.

I say beat him naturally this time and gem for runs when he returns during 2x skill up

Majukun

No. Ain has a drop rate of 97.5%. ;) I had two runs where she didn't drop back when Zephyr was released.
farmed zephyr entirely the first time he arrived since it was under skillup event, never had her not drop, assumed it was 100%

sorry for the mistake then

commish

I say beat him naturally this time and gem for runs when he returns during half stamina

Yeah I think so, unless I can get Z down easily and consistently. I just realized I don't have the team cost to run the team I wanted to run. Doh.

RedBoot

farmed zephyr entirely the first time he arrived since it was under skillup event, never had her not drop, assumed it was 100%

sorry for the mistake then

Yeah, I ran Zephyr around 70 times that day and always got Ain, but I did see a screenshot on Reddit that had her not drop, so it is possible. Not sure why they'd do it like that, but Bandai works in mysterious ways. She requires less skill ups than Z so getting at most 1-2 less copies of her is irrelevant.

I'm curious if Carina works the same way on Tesoro, I always had her drop too. Oh well, in about 2 weeks it won't matter anyway. :p

Top Bottom