• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

EMT0

Banned
Congrats!

That must be a lot of story gems

Oh yeah, I'm currently at 77. I cleared Sabaody, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marineford Bay, and Oris Plaza(this gave 10) so about 30 story gems, plus another 10 from hitting 100 days of login. I really built my stockpile back up after (foolishly) trying a sugopull during the Marineford Sugofest....that one was really, really bad. Only got Speed Jiru.

MKAllDay

Oh yeah, I'm currently at 77. I cleared Sabaody, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marineford Bay, and Oris Plaza(this gave 10) so about 30 story gems, plus another 10 from hitting 100 days of login. I really built my stockpile back up after (foolishly) trying a sugopull during the Marineford Sugofest....that one was really, really bad. Only got Speed Jiru.

Are you me? I also used anniversary Sunny to grind from Sabaody to end of Oris Plaza and I also wasted 50 gems trying a Marineford Sugo multi. After the story grind plus a couple of the early island missions, I am currently at 81.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't understand the hate Boa 6+ gets on reddit. She is quite good.

Boa's 6+ definitely a lot better than her 6* version as a captain, but I don't know if that's saying much considering that Boa's regular captain ability is sort of broken as it stands... the RCV boost going away when you need it most is clearly an oversight design flaw with the original version.

Another issue, her special has completely different utility that feels... sloppy and ill-conceived for a 6*+ character. Her special just lacks synergy. Taken in pieces it sounds good on paper. You get all these different things for your QCK or QCK/PSY team, matching orbs, type boost, RCV orb, RCV boost... but it doesn't really come together in a cohesive way.

The meat orb generation is presumably there to heal you in order to give you more damage, but you don't get the extra captain damage on that burst turn. This means you basically need a healer on your Boa 6+ teams to deal with pre-emptives.

And it's really difficult to get a full board of matching orbs on a Boa 6+ team. It's so strange. Why couldn't they have made it so that the opposite side gets all matching orbs? Currently, there's no viable unit that gives matching orbs to the team's right side to match Boa 6+'s left side orb manipulation. The best you can do is put Doflamingo/Lucci in there and a self-orb creator in one of the slots... and even then you don't have fully matching orbs. That's far from ideal, and ill thought out. Maybe they'll introduce characters in the future that will solve this problem. Currently, you can get full matching QCK orbs with a Lucci+ Doflamngo combo, but that renders Boa's orb manipulation redundant.

It's possible that we'll see her get some play as a mini-burst for QCK teams prior to a larger burst. But that will probably make her reliant on Marco again for multiple turns of orb boost, which is a personal disappointment to me. I wanted her to finally be free of the "Female Marco" meme once and for all.

Most importantly, I'm not quite sure that she's future proof. Boa's 6*+ basically makes her passable as a mid-tier legend now, as opposed to the bottom of the barrel. I feel like they could have gone the extra mile for her if they were going to take all the time and effort to completely revamp her. It looks as if they were worried about making her too powerful, but 2.75X captains are starting to be outclassed, and 1.75X special boosters are starting to be outclassed. They could have thrown her a bone.

Zeenigami compared her to Cavendish, but Cavendish's boosts are way way higher than Boa's during his 2X burst turns, Cavendish is a rainbow captain, and Cavendish has that unique property of removing team buffs, which is something that is totally specialized to him. Boa 6+, on the other hand, is restrained by the fact that she's a Type booster and not a Class booster, even if she boosts 2 Types that barely have any synergy. The whole QCK+PSY captain thing was never a good idea, and I feel like they should have just scrapped it entirely.

So, yeah. She's good, but she's also a hugely wasted opportunity and frankly a captain who currently doesn't have an "ideal" team setup. This is really only further reinforced with the fact that Whitebeard's 6+ is so strong, and Sabo's looks amazing as well.

VeQ50Ul.jpg

Ayyyyyyeee. I'm glad I never have to do that again! I honestly thought I was done for at multiple points during that run but I somehow managed to beat it, even if I abused the shit out of rerolling orbs by restarting that app at the last stage of the run to ensure that I had enough damage to kill Shanks on my 2nd turn of burst.

The upgrade success rate for the Red Force is nothing short of abysmal. I failed something like six times just trying to get the very first upgrade. It ended up costing me 385 cola total. I had 824 to begin with so it's not as though I was too concerned about the cola consumption. Now I just have to wait patiently for the Doffy forest to come out. Hopefully that won't be too long because the release of the Aokiji forest seemed to have broken the dam that was holding in all the other forests.

mileS

yoooooo. grats Zeke. That's awesome. Gonna take me a long time to reach that point.

Excited to play tomorrow. I just upgraded my Galaxy S4 to an S7 edge today. Hopefully less of a battery drain with optc.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just need two more CD sockets on SW franky and he's complete (I gave him CD instead of orbs)

I could do it right now since I have two CD tomes, but why waste the tomes on him when he has a farmable col version right in front of me?

EMT0

Banned
The good news is, I got my Legend Lucci maxed out on cotton candy. In hindsight I'd have prioritized Legend Marco, but ah well. Next is Marco, then Croc. And my Enel is only 15 CC away from max RCV CC. The bad news is, I barely failed the Whitebeard forest on the stage before Whitebeard; I was misplaying on Marco's stage and ended up needing to use Corazon's special to keep me alive. Come the 5 commander stage before Whitebeard, I miss two goods after wiping out everybody but Blamenco and Blamenco outputs juuuust enough damage to kill me, feelsbadman. Sorry Legend Croc, but today just isn't your day yet. I probably need more levels on Blackbeard to give me a high enough HP with the Marine Ship to actually get through Whitebeard though.

Kyou

Oh right I forgot Princess Turtle was 50 stamina

oh right I forgot you only get 4k experience

oh right I forgot Princess Turtles aren't guaranteed

...maybe I won't grind these as hard as I was planning to

Oh right I forgot Princess Turtle was 50 stamina

oh right I forgot you only get 4k experience

oh right I forgot Princess Turtles aren't guaranteed

...maybe I won't grind these as hard as I was planning to

Does the last stage show up with the elder turtles this time around?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking this will be the best team with a friend Baccarat/Haruta for PT farming:

For normal clear: Inuppe, Sanji, Vista, Enel, and Moria last

And in the case of a PT use Enel or Moria and then use which ever you didn't use for the last stage.

Kyou

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking this will be the best team with a friend Baccarat/Haruta for PT farming:

And in the case of a PT use Enel or Moria and then use which ever you didn't use for the last stage.
I used a similar team(general zombie instead of moria)

It took under a minute

Rixa

I did notice that either I had very bad success rate for last room of 3 Turtles or they were immune to Shiryu (prolly immune), 4 turns and all I got was Fail show. Yup couldn't beat that 50 sta dungeon.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yay, just joined the all-forests-cleared gang with Enel done. Corazon too stronk; I need Elizabello to make my life easier tho.

bobohoro

Ran MC all day with a QCK team featuring G-5 Tashigi.
Was dissapointed in the damage output with her special.
After 10 runs I remembered that it only boosts slashers/cerebal of which I had two on the team, my weakest attackers.

EMT0

Banned

You can also use RR Sentomaru over Moria if you have him, which is what I did. Princess Turtle Time payed out in dividends though, I got Zephyr, Aokiji, and INTVankov to Lv. 99 and Don Chinjao to Lv. 80. I can honestly say that every INT character I have of worth is sitting at super high levels. I suppose that for PSY turtles tomorrow, I'll max SW Shanks and Mansherry, get Marco and Jewelry Bonney evolved, then dump everything into Heracles'un to get him to approximately ~Lv. 80 before I start feeding him copies.

Hana-Bi

Casually farming the princess tt. No box space and not that many units to level up...

Hopefully we'll get the anni sugo this week.

ExVicis

Yay, just joined the all-forests-cleared gang with Enel done. Corazon too stronk; I need Elizabello to make my life easier tho.

I still have Enel, Aokiji, Shanks, and Boa to do.

I just joined the having done Mihawk forest (not that big an accomplishment but I'm still pretty new) earlier today after a couple of days of "not quite there" strats and missed (or too perfect) taps that led to a defeat later on.

What's the next easiest forest after Mihawk? Is it the Enel Forest or Ace's?

GaimeGuy

I just joined the having done Mihawk forest (not that big an accomplishment but I'm still pretty new) earlier today after a couple of days of "not quite there" strats and missed (or too perfect) taps that led to a defeat later on.

Next easiest is Ace, definitely.

Hana-Bi

Ace.

RedBoot

Confession time: I've only cleared Mihawk and Ace forests. I've got all I need to clear WB (and probably Aokiji once I get the Moby Dick), I've even gotten all the way to WB himself before, I just hate running forests in general. :p There's generally always some orb luck involved, or I run G3 and inevitably screw up, etc.

Hoping to pull one of the Legends who makes Forests easier (Corazon, SW Ace, Fujitora, etc) during the anni. If not, I'll finally stop being lazy and clear it with G3 or something.

I tore through Princess stage in < a minute with 2YA Ship, Haruta+Enel Captains, Vista, DJ Sanji, Dog Penguin and Cabin Boy Helmeppo. However, the rewards weren't really worth the 150 STA.

14 Teens
3 Elders
0 Princesses

>_<

I guess we really aren't getting the skill up rate boosted like Japan did for their 2nd anniversary. If we were I would assume we would have a update before the upcoming skill up event on the 21st. Bummer. I've got 8 almighty manuals burning a hole in my inventory but I guess I'll wait to see what raid we get on the 26th before I do anything. If we get Sabo, I'll need 2 skill ups on my 6* Doffy for what would give me a relatively painless and reliable farming team.

On the topic of the next raid, I'm less inclined to believe it to be Sabo only because many of us were given the idea that he would be here with the introduction of the 2Y Sunny. That's not to say Bandai won't throw us another early 60 stamina raid over the 40 stamina raids we've conveniently passed over up to this point, but I can't see them still skipping Pica and NM Luffy in non-Zephyr like circumstances. Powerhouse teams need love too!

GaimeGuy

I guess we really aren't getting the skill up rate boosted like Japan did for their 2nd anniversary. If we were I would assume we would have a update before the upcoming skill up event on the 21st. Bummer. I've got 8 almighty manuals burning a hole in my inventory but I guess I'll wait to see what raid we get on the 26th before I do anything. If we get Sabo, I'll need 2 skill ups on my 6* Doffy for what would give me a relatively painless and reliable farming team.

On the topic of the next raid, I'm less inclined to believe it to be Sabo only because many of us were given the idea that he would be here with the introduction of the 2Y Sunny. That's not to say Bandai won't throw us another early 60 stamina raid over the 40 stamina raids we've conveniently passed over up to this point, but I can't see them still skipping Pica and NM Luffy in non-Zephyr like circumstances. Powerhouse teams need love too!

Akainu lol

Tidd

IIRC Japan got a skill up event during one of the anniversary events before Bandai increased the rate. The first time they had the double boost was a few weeks after the 3rd anniversary event.
I guess next friday we will know more. Who knows what we will get. Maybe we are done with the anniversary. Maybe we get the 3rd anni event with everything we want. There is even the possibility that we will get the 2nd anni Sunny for another week in the new event.

Kyou

I am very excited at the prospect of possibly seeing a Sugo announcement tonight or tomorrow

come ooooon download at midnight or so

IIRC Japan got a skill up event during one of the anniversary events before Bandai increased the rate. The first time they had the double boost was a few weeks after the 3rd anniversary event.
I guess next friday we will know more. Who knows what we will get. Maybe we are done with the anniversary. Maybe we get the 3rd anni event with everything we want. There is even the possibility that we will get the 2nd anni Sunny for another week in the new event.

My mantra for global thus far has been "Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed." I would love to have a part 3 with content to please veteran players but I remain highly suspect.

EMT0

Banned
So uh. Anybody read the news? We're getting 6.0.1 which adds support for Super Evolution, box filters, doubled stamina + rewards, sailor abilities, AND the Rayleigh shop.

....where the fuck is our skillup rate increase? :/

Kyou

So uh. Anybody read the news? We're getting 6.0.1 which adds support for Super Evolution, box filters, doubled stamina + rewards, sailor abilities, AND the Rayleigh shop.

....where the fuck is our skillup rate increase? :/

Super evolution?!

Okay, so they're totally doing 3D2Y for the anniversary sugo huh

edit: Also skill up aside that's an embarrassment of riches

I was not expecting super evolutions already. I'm glad I saved a dupe G2 Luffy and DJ Sanji. My only concern now is how we'll be getting the skulls to evolve them. Invasion Shanks and Young Whitebeard are no joke.

EMT0

Banned
Super evolution?!

Okay, so they're totally doing 3D2Y for the anniversary sugo huh

edit: Also skill up aside that's an embarrassment of riches

Yup, for sure. I almost feel bad complaining, but that increase in skill up rate is just such a gargantuan QOL improvement that I have to say it.

Rixa

Few questions:

- Super Evolution.
-> This is for the dupes? One for original evo and one for super? Or if I have one unit, should I aim to Super? Or are only few units getting super evo?

How to clear Princess Turtles :). I mean I could use those gems from that dungeon, Shiryu doesn't work (atleast on 4 turns I couldn't kille single turtle of last room with Shiryu).

Kyou

Few questions:

- Super Evolution.
-> This is for the dupes? One for original evo and one for super? Or if I have one unit, should I aim to Super? Or are only few units getting super evo?

How to clear Princess Turtles :). I mean I could use those gems from that dungeon, Shiryu doesn't work (atleast on 4 turns I couldn't kille single turtle of last room with Shiryu).
Okay, so, Super Evolution is weird.

It's different from a regular evolution in that:
1) Character rank does not increase (5 stars stay 5 stars)
2) You don't need to be max level to evolve
3) Your skill level is kept even though the skill changes
4) You can actually de-evolve the characters back down from their evolution

For princess turtles, how many direct damage dealers do you have? Look for skills that specify the amount of damage that's dealt. Like "Deals 4000 damage to all enemies". That's going to be basically your only hope to beat Princess Turtles. If not you might just have to wait until the next time they come around. The typical Princess Turtle F2P team is double Duval(who is up right now) which will lower cooldown by 6 and an entire team of low cooldown direct damage dealers.

Few questions:

- Super Evolution.

As of right now the only super evolution are for story rewarded strawhat units and some legends (WB, Boa, and soon Sabo). The only case for not evolving the non-legend units would be for Sengoku teams as their cost exceeds 20 when they're super evolved and maybe for DJ Sanji as his cool down for his fixed damage special increases with his evolution.

edit: Actually, scratch that bit about Sanji. His special becomes a 2-part one but his cooldown at the first stage is still 10 so there's technically no difference in their usage apart from crew cost.

Rixa

Okay
For princess turtles, how many direct damage dealers do you have? Look for skills that specify the amount of damage that's dealt.

Yup, no luck here, maybe next time. I have only 2 that do fixed damage.

- Story 4* Namule (800 damage to one enemy)
- 4* Vista (5000 damage to all enemies)
- 4* Caesar Clown poison

As of right now the only super evolution are for story rewarded strawhat units and some legends (WB, Boa, and soon Sabo).

Does Super Evo have some special materials needed? Since I have Sabo, when its his time I should Super Evo him?

Kyou

Does Super Evo have some special materials needed? Since I have Sabo, when its his time I should Super Evo him?

It'll be a handful of normal evolution items and then a character specific super evolution skull item. The Strawhats can be gotten from story mode, the legends are more of a problem. So far the only way to get them is to get an incredibly rare drop from the Young Whitebeard or Shanks raids, or to buy it from the Rayleigh shop for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many points

Rixa

It'll be a handful of normal evolution items and then a character specific super evolution skull item. The Strawhats can be gotten from story mode, the legends are more of a problem. So far the only way to get them is to get an incredibly rare drop from the Young Whitebeard or Shanks raids, or to buy it from the Rayleigh shop for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many points

Figures, thanks will wait for the future :)

bobohoro

Sorting, Ray shop, Super Evos, Double Stam/Rewards are all awesome.
But the missing skill-up rate worries me. That's the thing I actually wanted most.

Rixa

This was written in Reddit:

Ironman2131 said:
Improved skill-up rate was part of a normal event, not an update. So we could very well get it with the next two-week event announcement.

Here's Zeenigami's review of that event announcement, for those who are curious how it happened in JPN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqRQugaa7nI&t=714s

If thats the case in global we could still get it.
Lets hope so, cause I have 40 Mihakws waiting in my inventory...

Took them 2 years to get colour sorting. I was wtf when I started playing 1 month ago and couldn't find a way to sort by colour type.

Top Bottom