• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

EMT0

Banned
The Rocketman drops on April 1st! This is great for my long awaited Powerhouse units like Lucci and Sanji!
Lucci still gave me the dick during skillup tho

and it's not like I have the cola to justify maxing it out either versus the Moby Dick or something that'll be guaranteed to let me clear content like the Sun Pirates Ship...

RedBoot

I've got the Raypoints and the cola for the Rocketman! What I do not have is a good Powerhouse captain. I think my best is either Story Magellan with 2.25x or Story Oars with 3x after 3 Perfects. Once 5+ Sanji hits he'll actually be my best Powerhouse captain by far.

Kyou

using Shiryu for Doffy runs for Whitebeard runs is stupid but godamn the results are excellent. So far I have a 100% skill up rate on YWB (2 for 2 :p)

With Rocketman coming I guess it's a good time to ask, what's the Legend Lucci dream team consist of?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
using Shiryu for Doffy runs for Whitebeard runs is stupid but godamn the results are excellent. So far I have a 100% skill up rate on YWB (2 for 2 :p)

With Rocketman coming I guess it's a good time to ask, what's the Legend Lucci dream team consist of?

Even if I had Lucci, I'd probably run him as a sub on a 3D2Y Sanji team anyway. :p A health boost, 3104 autoheal per turn with max sockets, CC, and Rocketman.

That said, I don't think he really has a dream team per se. Locked in units consist of 3D2Y Sanji and Marco (PSY or Legend). Maybe TS Sanji, Whitebeard, or Raid Kuma, depending on what you need. The below gives you two turns of full burst and a full heal. It could use an orb manipulator/locker, but from what I hear, Lucci's special has a ridiculous matching orb rate.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...:99,756:99,836:99C21,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R9S100H

But Powerhouse gets a huge boost during the Fishman Island batch (regrettably), as all of those characters are kind of ridiculous for Powerhouse teams.

EMT0

Banned
GuardianE covered most of the big details on Lucci teams for optimal burst damage. Special emphasis on the Hody Jones batch though, those guys are insane. You can slap Zeo, Ikaros, Hyouzou, and 3D2Y Sanji on any Powerhouse or Rainbow team and do ridiculous damage with them, from Hody Jones himself, Lucci, Lucci + Hody, Rayleigh(lose Zeo), Kuzan, even Blackbeard if you run a friend Hody Jones or replace Zeo with Story Magellan. Back to the current teams available though, there's a variant that's also very powerful and slightly more F2P starring Colo Dorry and Brogy. You still need 3D2Y Sanji and Legend Marco, although you can replace 3D2Y Sanji with Blueno if you're missing him. Sadly, Legend Marco is more or less mandatory, since Bandai screwed up when making FN Jabra and he only boosts orbs on Free Spirits. Don Chinjao can substitute for him for an even higher burst but is harder to pull off due to the max autoheal sockets plus Rocketman heal that you should be running most of the time.

Then there's 3D2Y Sanji who has the highest synergy with the Rocketman due to stacking a whole bunch of healing effects together. This is the best burst I could figure out for a 3D2Y Sanji burst

Finally, the best all-F2P Powerhouse team for 1 turn of burst to date as soon as we get 5+ Sanji and Raid Pica. You can swap Sanji for Pica as a Captain if you need the extra HP and swap 5+ Sanji for some other Powerhouse unit like Magellan, or even Young Whitebeard if you can afford to stall that long.

As always, make sure that you've activated the second stage of any special like Dorry/Brogy or 3D2Y Sanji when checking out a team.

Six Doffy runs in and still haven't seen YWB. Maybe the game still thinks I'm running Buster Call. I've decided to run Doffy just to switch out my orb socket for AH on my 6* Doffy. The anni sugo pretty much dashed my hopes of pulling 6* Croc so I figure I'll stop trying to design my teams around units I don't have.

Running a double IntHawk on Doffy has made the raid stupidly easy. I'm using a slightly different IntHawk team than the one you see recommended in most YWB teams. Instead of raid Doffy and GPU, I'm using legend Doffy and Vista. This makes it so I don't have to farm for 4 orbs during the 4th wave of the YWB fight using GPU but instead I just have to farm for 1 INT orb on my friend Mihawk while tanking a hit from one of the giants and then just clearing the 4th wave with Vista's special. It looks like you'll need a minimum of one level in cooldown to stall properly. I only have level 4 AH with this team but I think it should still work. Here's a video for anyone interested.

Edit: He finally showed up on my 9th run. Team works like a charm.

Kyou

maybe I can hack the game files to change the fishman island dudes into better characters

thanks for the powerhouse tips Guardian and EMT0

also pro tip to everyone trying shiryu teams don't half pay attention, try the specials, and then attack without reseting 🙃

The ambush rate for Doffy seems like it kinda sucks. Out of 19 runs I only ran into him 3 times. When I was farming Kuma, it felt like I was running into him every other run. I'm somewhat annoyed though because I lost one of those 3 runs. The enemies on the first wave started with a 2 turn cd so on the next wave I didn't kill one of the yellow pistol girl fodder since she had a 2 turn cd and I wanted to make up a turn so my stalling wasn't off. Turns out she immediately despairs your FC for 10 turns anyway. It's shit like this that annoys me about this game. Enemy behavior isn't consistent across different stages and the only way I could have prevented that was if I knew it was going to happen.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cant wait for Rocketman - sadly i didnt have any luck socketing my CP9 members but i hope the Powerhouse squad will be able to clear some content down the line anyway.

Any good 3D2Y Sanji teams that don't involve having Lucci yourself? I just got him during the Sugo (and had JUST enough stored books to max skill him), and would like to put him to work when Rocketman releases.

bjork

My YWB encounter rate thus far:
Kuma 0/19
Garp 0/20
Buster Call 0/11
Doflamingo 0/1

All at highest stamina, so it's not that. But I can't get the dude if he never even appears for me. What the hell, game?

bobohoro

The other two already did a pretty good job explaining the important bits.
And yeah, future batches up the power of PH quite a bit.

Lucci is pretty RR dependant to output good damage (although there is a slightly inferior F2P alternative for most key units) and arguably his most important unit, 3D2Y Sanji, is a better captain half of the time, especially with Rocketman. Add to that the fact that both Marcos are PH and the tankyness of a double 3D2Y Sanji team (not to mention two turns of 2x ATK) kinda outperforms Lucci teams for everything but fast clears or bosses that OHKO everything.

I do hope that there is a 6+ in store for Lucci in the future. Right now he is a pretty beastly sub, his special has a pretty high rate for matching orbs (somewhere around 75%?) and his stats are great, especially since his high RCV comes into play as a sub as well, but his CA is a bit outclassed, especially since there are quite a few captains with emphasis on STR units that rival or outperform him or have no drawbacks.

But yeah, key subs:

PH booster RR:
3D2Y Sanji -> 2x boost, but CD of 18 is kinda high. Still the best, especially since DEX
RR Blueno -> 1.75x boost, CD of 14 and additional DR of 50%

In the future Daruma/Dosun/Fukaboshi are all ridiculously good

PH Booster F2P:
Colo Marco -> 1.5x boost, low CD, synergize well with Lucci special. Since the full heal of Marcos isn't that important on Lucci teams he is more interesting to him than to Sanji teams.
Gasparde -> 1.5x boost, high CD and STR typing are a drawback, as well as not being available anymore, but a F2P with 4 sockets is still nice
Colo Dorry/Brogy -> boosts for 2x with both specials high CD and uses up two team slots, but their tandem also boosts for 1.4x which is pretty neat

Orb booster RR:
You've got TS Sanji, Squard, Don Chinjao and Jabra for a 1.75x orb boost with different typings and additional effects. Or legend Marco for two turns of 1.5x and a big heal. Ikaros will complete the set with his PSY typing and the ridiculous bonus effect of boosting damage against delayed enemies for 1.5x.

Orb booster F2P:
Obviously Raid Kuma. Lola would be an interesting alternative, but sadly she is also STR and the only conditional attack booster against enemies with reduced defense is Kimono Lucci.

Delayers RR:
Maynard is kinda nice, good stats for PSY and low CD of 13, second typing of Slasher so certainly a unit to work on. But books are far out and no option to farm his sockets sucks.
The new Garp is an alternative, although the high CD of 17 for a delayer isn't quite so great.
Fukaboshi and Hyouzou shit on both from high heavens.

Delayers F2P:
Nightmare Luffy! Who knows when that one will arrive on GBL, but yeah, he is pretty nice for PH teams.
Coli Yokozuna and Paulie are an option, especially the latter since his also locks orbs and has PSY typing.
In the future FN Sentonmaru goes down to a CD of 11, but is another STR unit which there a plenty of.

Orb lockers:
Aside the mentioned Paulie, there is RR Kumadori. Unfortunately another STR unit and with Lucci special the orb lock isn't quite as needed, but if you have room he's pretty nice and has 4 easily farmable sockets by now.
Obviously, Zeo will again set the new standard.

Legend friends to look out for:
Akainu for obvious reasons. STR orbs all day.
Blackbeard works
Whitebeard since you won't really need the RCV anyway
And Hody Jones down the line

So yeah, not really a definite dream team until the Fishman Batch, but although PH lean kinda hard on the STR side and you need quite a few RR-units, Powerhouse is actually a pretty flexible class with lots of sockets and useful specials.

MiTYH

Even though I pulled Corazon in the anni sugo, Lucci was my second legend. I am so, SO happy to finally get the rocketman. I still have a lot of forests to do, but Rocketman is just gonna make everything so freaking easy!

Majukun

Yeah, you need very specific units right now to clear forests. This will change a bit with the Rocketman ship.

oh,there are not heavy-RR teams if you have the rocketman?
because if that's something i got from the anniversary is rayleight points.

Rixa

So Rocketman Ship lowers max hp of party (when not using Powerhouse) thus building party around zombie team thus that help clear forests etc?

Hana-Bi

oh,there are not heavy-RR teams if you have the rocketman?
because if that's something i got from the anniversary is rayleight points.

Yeah, it should be doable. You probably need a max raid Sabo + almost maxed cc + Mihawk and other health cutters to clear those. Sugar and Elizabello can speed up those runs.

With the Rocketman every non powerhouse unit has really low health. With a captain ability that prevents a death if your health is over a certain percentage you can stall forever with just a high level auto heal. The only problem ist that only one enemy can attack you or else you'll lose.

Tidd

Can't believe how easy the Enel forest was with my maxed legend Marco. :D

I used this BB/Fuji team. Replaced RR Marco with legend Marco because of sockets and shorter cool down.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, socketing units can be the most annoying thing in this game. My legend doffy is 5/5/5/1, with the 1 being the most important, autoheal. Feed him 15 raid doffys, 0 AH. Rage give him 10 books (side benefit of maxing colo Apoo), 0 AH. 0 AH out of 25. You win, game.

And my Marco still has only one skill up :( Too many things going on.

MiTYH

Forgot I had skillups/sockets to do.

From Buster Call:
- Momonga, finally got a despair socket, not 3/4/4 bind/despair/heal. Stinks I'm gonna have to run it AGAIN to get him max/maxed
- Shu still annoying at 9 turns. Github's down but I think I'm close to maxing.
- Berry Good is at 12 turns, still not maxed
- Onigumo, STILL at just 5 skillups. Sockets almost done but come on, worst luck there.
- Dalmatian actually got the skillups to max, finally. Done forever on him.

CP9:
- Secret Fukuro got some more sockets (1 charge, 4 autoheal), but only 1 skillup. Bah.
- FN Jabra 4 skillups, 4/4/2 sockets. Not great, but I'll stick with farming him for skillups now since the event is still live, give his RR some love when it's 2x stamina/drop
- RR Kumadori has some nice sockets, but not enough. 1 bind, 2 special, 3 heal, 4 socket, since that's all I've gotten for him.
- RR Bleuno has terrible sockets. 5 special, 1 socket, 1 heal, 1 despair.

Wapol:
- My goal was to get two Wapols (STR and QCK) at good cooldowns. Instead I still have my original at tun 23 (3 skillup). So... that didn't happen at all. Very, very disappointed with that.

So long and short of it is I need to run CP9 again. I'll keep it going while it's here but... yeah, need a lot more sockets for these guys. And Wapol... don't even get me started on that

bobohoro

Thought I'd use an Legend Akainu FC to run CP9 a few times to see him in action for once.
Noone on my friendlist has him.
Ok, lets add a few...nothing?
I've seen pretty much every other legend as a guest today, but no Akainu. At a time when Raid Doffy is running. Seems like noone pulled him, huh?

Oh well. After around 20 runs today (already got two meats) I have....2 usable sockets on each RR Jabra and RR Kumadori, no skill-up on Squard and 6 new Jimbei books. Of course I don't have a Jimbei. The game knows, it really does.

EMT0

Banned
I got 1 meat today and sadly only got 1 Jinbe book from about 9 runs. Still 2 off max, so at best I should expect to be 1 off max by tomorrow, worst case still 2 off max which isn't too bad at all since I've still got a large amount of sockets missing on the CP9 units which I can always return to later, and it'll be nicer to run this with double stamina. Considering all other units from this FN are skill maxed, I'm at a pretty good place now.

cw_sasuke

Man, socketing units can be the most annoying thing in this game. My legend doffy is 5/5/5/1, with the 1 being the most important, autoheal. Feed him 15 raid doffys, 0 AH. Rage give him 10 books (side benefit of maxing colo Apoo), 0 AH. 0 AH out of 25. You win, game.

And my Marco still has only one skill up :( Too many things going on.

Man that sucks....looking back i got lucky with my Doffy Sockets from the books...dont think i could have farmed 60stam raid for for his Sockets.

Hope you have more luck with your remaining feeds.

commish

Man that sucks....looking back i got lucky with my Doffy Sockets from the books...dont think i could have farmed 60stam raid for for his Sockets.

Hope you have more luck with your remaining feeds.

Just fed 15 more to him. 0. AH. I give up!

cw_sasuke

Just fed 15 more to him. 0. AH. I give up!

Just the worst....the randomness of sockets is def. one of the worst things in the game - especially since they are so essential for beating high-end content.

Prob. best to just hope that we can somehow get specific AH books soon...so you can finish him off that way.

Hana-Bi

Six Doffy runs in and still haven't seen YWB. Maybe the game still thinks I'm running Buster Call. I've decided to run Doffy just to switch out my orb socket for AH on my 6* Doffy. The anni sugo pretty much dashed my hopes of pulling 6* Croc so I figure I'll stop trying to design my teams around units I don't have.

Running a double IntHawk on Doffy has made the raid stupidly easy. I'm using a slightly different IntHawk team than the one you see recommended in most YWB teams. Instead of raid Doffy and GPU, I'm using legend Doffy and Vista. This makes it so I don't have to farm for 4 orbs during the 4th wave of the YWB fight using GPU but instead I just have to farm for 1 INT orb on my friend Mihawk while tanking a hit from one of the giants and then just clearing the 4th wave with Vista's special. It looks like you'll need a minimum of one level in cooldown to stall properly. I only have level 4 AH with this team but I think it should still work. Here's a video for anyone interested.

Edit: He finally showed up on my 9th run. Team works like a charm.

I'm running the same team. 4 Doffy runs so far and 4 YWB ambushes. :)

The only problem for me is the stalling and the fuck up during the great/perfect canoneer. Luckily it stills work even with one fuck up.

bjork

YWB finally showed up after my third Doflamingo today. I was cruising through the raid itself with a Legend BB team, but YWB ate me up hard. I think the only way for this team to do it is have both BB specials ready, as well as maybe a raid Mihawk or some other health cutter. Maybe WB himself.

Mostly I'm just glad that it finally happened, I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with my account.

I'm running the same team. 4 Doffy runs so far and 4 YWB ambushes. :)

The only problem for me is the stalling and the fuck up during the great/perfect canoneer. Luckily it stills work even with one fuck up.

I REALLY hate it when the great shield guy shows up over the perfect. The difference being able to kill the guy in one turn versus having to do the full great combo twice WITH a matching orb on the last hit to be able to kill him.

cw_sasuke

Man - crazy...had already given up on max skilling Jabra...but got 3 Meat today and had nothing else to do so i did double stamina Wapol runs to use up my stam asap...voila max skilled.

Squard, Blueno and Jabra now max skilled...would be even greater if i had Lucci max skilled - well cant have it all. Last day i will now try to get some more Sockets on Blueno/Jabra.

bobohoro

Man - crazy...had already given up on max skilling Jabra...but got 3 Meat today and had nothing else to do so i did double stamina Wapol runs to use up my stam asap...voila max skilled.

Squard, Blueno and Jabra now max skilled...would be even greater if i had Lucci max skilled - well cant have it all. Last day i will now try to get some more Sockets on Blueno/Jabra.

That's nice!
I got Squard max skilled, finally. Jabra will have to wait until Revolutionary Army FN, since I need other stuff from there as well and the Wapol FN doesn't seem worth it for just his books right now.

Socket-wise, Kumadori still needs 2 Bind and 2 Despair sockets, while Jabra is still 7 off max. Both started off pretty good, but the last few batches of 5 dupes where pretty shit.

EMT0

Banned
That's nice!
I got Squard max skilled, finally. Jabra will have to wait until Revolutionary Army FN, since I need other stuff from there as well and the Wapol FN doesn't seem worth it for just his books right now.

Socket-wise, Kumadori still needs 2 Bind and 2 Despair sockets, while Jabra is still 7 off max. Both started off pretty good, but the last few batches of 5 dupes where pretty shit.

Sounds like me and Kumadori. I don't think I've gotten a single autoheal socket in over 40 copies.

MANUELF

Banned
I need to try and farm the CP9 fortnigh for my Squard and Hack, they are Skill 2 each, have been way too busy with Japan and real life

cw_sasuke

That's nice!

Thanks,
yeah i was ready to wait on Jabra books to come back but i just had to run Wapol to use up the stamina fast since i had not much time to play. It worked out fine.

Socketwise it looks okayish for the whole squad....but i should have started farming the stage a bit sooner.

What does you Powerhouse team look like ?

Lucci/Lucci
Squard/Jabra
Blueno/Raid Kuma

is what i have right now. Raid Kuma CD is over 22 but he is in because of the Sockets.

cw_sasuke

Talk about Coby.....i pulled his new version during the Sugo and its kinda lackluster. Is there a FN/Colo where he shines or is useful ? Dont remember No Healing debuff being ever an issue.

commish

FYI, and everyone else probably knows this, but you can use YWB to socket WB. Doh.

Tidd

Today I started a 2nd Doffy because of the WB skull.
Did 10 runs and and got 4 skill ups on him. WB ambushed me 2 times. Just now I got my 3rd encounter with him and THE SKULL DROPPED! RIP 2nd Doffy. :p

This was a really good OPTC day for me. Maxed legend Marco, beat Enel forest and got the skull. <3

Edit: WOW, I'm missing a red pirate penguin to super evolve my WB. ;__; Time to hit Logue Town to farm a pirate penguin. THAT'S WHAT WE DID WHEN THE GAME WAS RELEASED!! Good old times. xD

Edit 2: 4 runs later I got my penguin. This is better than running the penguin daily.

And here he is the
deadest
man in the world:
y9y4uGq.jpg

And it should be sugo rare +, Bandai! -.-

Kyou

I had pretty decent socket luck on my legend Doffy. Only missing two heal returns.

I don't think I should gem at all because it's not that important, and also I'd really be doing it to try and get a crimson skull, which I super do not need right now. Hopefully Global YWB is not super fucked if they're really not going to have it all the time but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I think I'm going to have to go into hibernation mode on this game for a while and heal the wounds from maxing out Marco. I used far, far too many gems doing that and I need to start playing conservatively and rebuilding.

edit: Congrats on the Deadbeard Tidd

bobohoro

What does you Powerhouse team look like ?

Lucci/Lucci
Squard/Jabra
Blueno/Raid Kuma

is what i have right now. Raid Kuma CD is over 22 but he is in because of the Sockets.

My PH team is sadly not anywhere near ready but rainbow team would look like this:

Lucci/Lucci
3D2Y Sanji/Squard
TS Chopper/PSY Marco

Problem is the position of PH booster. My Sanji is still at a CD of 24, my Gasparde at 20 and I haven't yet farmed coli Dorry/Broggy.

On the other hand my orb boosters look decent. Squard is max special and will soon get his sockets, Jabra is halfway done with sockets and will soon get his books and Raid Kuma is maxed except for a couple of orb sockets and a million EXP.

But I really don't have much use for Legend Lucci teams right now. TS Sanji is a better STR lead since I can pair him with SW Luffy and in terms of rainbow teams my slasher/shooter roster is stronger, as are most of my 3D2Y Luffy teams.

What I might end up doing more after maxing Rocket Man is the following:

3D2Y Sanji/3D2Y Sanji
Lucci/PSY Marco
Jabra/Kuma

40k health, 3k heal per turn and one full heal after 20 turns.

But really, the only way to get Lucci to shine for me would be if 3D2Y Sanji books miraculously show up again before the end of time, I pull Blueno or go in hard for both colo Dorry and Broggy, although I'd say my time would be better spend elsewhere and just waiting for the fishmen batches to try my luck. Which is kinda disheartening.

Top Bottom