• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Ryzzo1

Neo Member
Hi guys, I finally got my neogaf account approved, so I can finally chat here, I have been playing OPTC Global since it started and I was looking for good friend captains. My account ID is 634075669
I currently have 9 Legends which are:
Log Luffy
Whitebeard
Sengoku
Doffy
Aokiji
Jinbe
Buggy
Cavendish
Barto

Majukun

Hi guys, I finally got my neogaf account approved, so I can finally chat here, I have been playing OPTC Global since it started and I was looking for good friend captains. My account ID is 634075669
Log Luffy
Whitebeard
Sengoku
Doffy
Aokiji
Jinbe
Buggy
Cavendish
Barto

welcome

EDIT: looks like i wasted some runs,maxed and socketed zephyr and i still have like 20 copies left

EDIT2: aaand to balance that i got 0/10 on dex usopp

Kyou

Extreeeeemely good skill ups. Z and Ain are almost done, as well as maxed Baccarat, Tanaka, and Gladius. Only bummer was 1 skill up on Diamante.

ExVicis

One day of Tesoro and yes already almost done. Had barely under 50 copies and I have maxed him out and have gone 5/5/5/1/5 on sockets. The advice to be get 50 was spot on.

Shiki meanwhile got to level 11 on his special, so 20 turns...which is what G5 Smoker is stuck at so that could be much worse. However, socket-wise Shiki is done.

So this was a much more successful skill-ups than the last one for me.

HabeeNo

Log Luffy
Whitebeard
Sengoku
Doffy
Aokiji
Jinbe
Buggy
Cavendish
Barto

Ayy!! Welcome :)

bobohoro

5/33 on Shiki, not a total disaster but still disappointing.
Socketwise it was kinda weird, could have maxed CD, Orbs and DR with ease, but not a single Despair socket, and I really need him to be B/D/AH to fit into Driven and Slasher teams.
Oh well, will go for another 30-35 copies and hope for better luck next time. Getting him to a CD of 19/20 would be enough for now, since Lao G and Smoker G-5 are stuck in that range for the foreseeable future as well.

MiTYH

3/5 Enel
1/6 Shiki

I know I didn't go hard on Shiki, that may need to change in the second go-round. Only skill level 2, not nearly good enough. On the other hand, Enel's at 18! One away from Max! Let us dance the dance of joy! Until I remember his sockets are terrible and I still need to run the raid for eternity....

RedBoot

Managed to max skill and socket Shiki, just barely. Probably should have gotten more than the 60 copies to be safe (he needed a couple more levels than I realized), but it turned out okay. I only had one 0/5 feeding, and a few 2/5s to make up for it.

Also max skilled and socketed Colo Z, though I'm not enamored with the sockets (Despair/CD/DR), but that's what the game gave him (only one AH the whole time, and it came after the other 3 were maxed). But that's fine too.

My Diamante's still 3 off max, so I'll be running the Tesoro until the switchover tonight. Since I won't have to revisit Shiki later this week, I can probably spare some extra gems for that.

EMT0

Banned
Maxed out Shiki and Colo Zephyr, Binz is two from max but I had atrocious luck with his sockets. Zephyr needs 1 more damage reduction socket. My new short-term plan is to farm the movie Robin FN until tonight with a few gems to hopefully get the last skillups I need on 3D2Y Usopp/Nami and one last Autoheal socket on Robin. Then tonight I gem a bit to get the last 2 skillups I need for 3D2Y Sanji. Tomorrow, I'll gem a bit on WB Pt. 2, then once Colo drops I'll bumrush the last 2 skillups on Binz then dedicate the rest of my energy to Ain's skillups. I'll worry about socketing Colo stuff on the 23rd onwards. Then natural stamina goes into the Tontatta FN for the next 2 weeks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Log Luffy
Whitebeard
Sengoku
Doffy
Aokiji
Jinbe
Buggy
Cavendish
Barto

Welcome! I will add you.

Kyou

Hit the big 200 stamina today. It feels so good to see a nice round number again.

Trying to get some last minute books from Robin and getting junk. Think I'm going to go in on Whitebeard Pirates tonight to try for some Sengoku books

bobohoro

So I started the Journey Island going mainly for Magellan.
Got 2 Moria, 2 Akainu and even a Rayleigh, but no Magellan.
Have one more run today, really want him to drop for my PH and Blackeard FC teams.

Edit: Make that 3x Akainu. Meh.

MiTYH

Got Kizaru as a surprise from today's Anthology. Makes most of those Marineford units from this island, save Mihawk who eludes me still...

And, still only Ray dropping as a boss. Only have one run left, mayyyybe two depending on stamina. Still, it's been a fun run for all the CC and such

EDIT: New FN is easy as pie with double Lucci powerhouse team. I brought rainbow for the run of it, but I don't use anyone's special really. Rocketman on boss for damage but Lucci is strong enough and type advantage to KO easily. Instead I'm going to focus on Indigo's FN. Need some precious 3d2y sanji books, and am apparently missing the secret character and that CANNOT BE ALLOWED

bjork

Ran the Leo FN on the 30 and the 15, got all three drops already. That's a welcome change after scraping to get Kid Law to appear in the Baby 5 one, and never having the cow or the zebra drop in the Mr. 3 one.

Double Barto striker team handles this with ease, so I might run it a ton. I'd love to get Fuji and Elizabello's skill maxed, if I can.

Kyou

I went into WB pirates needing all the books and now I've maxed everyone but have only gotten two Sengoku drops

Booooo

RedBoot

so..only leo drops fuji books?
already spent 2 gems and only got 5 skillbooks (that gave me 1 skillup)

I got one on stage 6, though I don't remember what dropped it. There's probably 3 places it can drop (I could see the elder on stage 5 dropping it).

bobohoro

I might just gem like mad today to finally get 3D2Y Sanji done.
Although it might not be that wise, since I don't need much else for the week.

Also reached day 300. Time goes by so quickly.

Kyou

How much do you play a day, out of curiosity?
Maybe a couple hours after dinner if I play a lot. I try to do a run in the morning and at lunch to keep my stamina from topping off.

Spent five gems last night for Sengoku books but those runs are like a minute each

bjork

Maybe a couple hours after dinner if I play a lot. I try to do a run in the morning and at lunch to keep my stamina from topping off.

Spent five gems last night for Sengoku books but those runs are like a minute each

Ah, that doesn't sound so bad. When you mentioned finishing the WB guys I thought you'd gone in super deep!

RedBoot

Yeah, I've struck out so far on Sengoku books too. WB2 has an amazingly high amount of useful drops, but I've already maxed Caesar, Monet, and SW Franky so at this point I'm basically just looking for the last few sockets on Blamenco/Izo/Namule and the 'Goku books. It kind of hurts to get 4 Monet books in one run knowing they're useless to me now.

Meanwhile, I got 10 Log Luffy books in like 2 days of Gran Tesoro farming while maxing Diamante. The lesson is, you only get Legend books when you don't have them so hoard first and pull them later. :p Worked for me on SW Ace anyway.

Kyou

Ah, that doesn't sound so bad. When you mentioned finishing the WB guys I thought you'd gone in super deep!
I meant the book dudes, meaning I finished off Caesar, Monet and Kaku faster than I thought

I guess I can look forward to maxing Kuina and Porche

bobohoro

Wew, 0/10 on my last Sanji feeds.
3/5 on Oars though, get your priorities in order you dumb game.

Might as well gem for another level up, it's pretty quick with double EXP and double stamina runs anyway.

MiTYH

Wew, 0/10 on my last Sanji feeds.
3/5 on Oars though, get your priorities in order you dumb game.

Might as well gem for another level up, it's pretty quick with double EXP and double stamina runs anyway.

I've been debating over hemming for 3d2y sanji books. He's the only one I need besides the stupid secret bird character, but in the long run I don't think it's worth it for me. I don't use my Lucci team often enough, and the books come back in a FN we'll get in... 3-4 months, I think.

RedBoot

Wow, looks like we're getting Saga and Mushuru after all. Didn't expect that. Gonna be a longer wait for Colo Moria, though.

Some other nice stuff in the event too, like the permanent XP boost for turtles/pigs and better evolver quests. Plus 3 more feasts...I'd been saving feasts for legends, but I'm not pulling enough. Might use one on YWB or something.

EMT0

Banned
I didn't think we'd get such good events back to back. I'm also surprised that none of you have posted your regrets over pulling yet :^)

I'ma be dropping 5 gems into farming WB Pt. 2, I only need 3 more skillups on Sengoku after going 2/6.

RedBoot

I didn't think we'd get such good events back to back. I'm also surprised that none of you have posted your regrets over pulling yet :^)

I'ma be dropping 5 gems into farming WB Pt. 2, I only need 3 more skillups on Sengoku after going 2/6.

Straw Hat Up is pure anathema. :p Reading some of the pulls over on Reddit is painful.

My one pull got me a 3D2Y Luffy dupe, though I guess that's not too bad since it's worth Raypoints. I can't justify too many pulls until we see if we're getting the guaranteed Legend after 3 multis like JPN. Even if we get that with Shirahoshi (like JPN did), I'll probably still hold out to see what we get with the Sanji/G4 debut.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good stuff on GLB right now.

I used 2 stones to farm the Leo/Fuji event a bit while 2x is up - didnt expect much but managed to get 4 Fuji books with 2stones + rank up. 4 Books ? Thats okay...fed them...got 3 skill ups - i was like...wow :eek:

Thats more than i expected for the whole week...now ill run WB FN for Cesar books and get back to Leo on Week 2.

EMT0

Banned
Straw Hat Up is pure anathema. :p Reading some of the pulls over on Reddit is painful.

My one pull got me a 3D2Y Luffy dupe, though I guess that's not too bad since it's worth Raypoints. I can't justify too many pulls until we see if we're getting the guaranteed Legend after 3 multis like JPN. Even if we get that with Shirahoshi (like JPN did), I'll probably still hold out to see what we get with the Sanji/G4 debut.

That's exactly what I'm aiming for too although there's a good chance I'll cave for King Neptune. On the farming front, this is what my experience so far can be summarized as:

c461c6bdef60201dd2fb3a49dd8d853691b6f88c_hq.gif

0/12 game pls

Caim

Been saving up for awhile and decided to do two multis and I got 5* STR Garp, along with Cavendish, and Jinbei.

Plus 4 Orlumbus dupes lol

cw_sasuke

btw. I was banned while Shiki was up ...but man i wasted so much stamina running that Raid with all my screw up on 120stamina. Now i have a team that can run it more or less consistent...but yeah alot of screw up. Hope i can farm some more this weekend to finish him - he is at 20CD right now, with lackluster sockets.

Between Fujitora books, Shiki Raid and Cesar bokks they really want Driven team players to bleed lol.
Been saving up for awhile and decided to do two multis and I got 5* STR Garp, along with Cavendish, and Jinbei.

JInbei and Cav ? Thats very nice - grats.

Kyou

Congrats!

I did one pull and got Mr. Prince. Ah, hello old friend.

Also I skill maxed Ain almost immediately so I'm getting in as many Zephyrs before skill up goes away but MAN legend doflamingo is rough when you are sleepy

"Alright Sengoku, time to *miss* well I'm dead"

RedBoot

Between Fujitora books, Shiki Raid and Cesar bokks they really want Driven team players to bleed lol.

Even though I don't have Fuji, I do like the strides my Driven units have made in the last couple weeks. Shiki and Colo Z max skilled and socketed, Diamante pulled last sugo and max skilled already, and Saga coming up soon (though I'm not sure I'll use him much since I have Caesar...maybe as a QCK beatstick). Might have to try for the Doffy ship soon.

Kyou

Insane luck and only two gems led to me getting the last 3/6 skill ups I needed on Ain and Zephyr. Feels goooooooooood. Their sockets aren't too bad either but I can take my time there.

MiTYH

Ohhh lots of new stuff for global. Get hyped!

Did 1 pull on the sugo, got Dream Chaser Luffy. It's new, so I won't complain, but that's all this sugo is getting out of me

Myze

Ok, since I've only been playing a couple of weeks, decided to do a couple of multi-pulls since I still need to shore up my roster (had 89 gems just from doing stuff, so only had to spend a small amount for the extra 11).

I didn't get Hody (or any other Legend), but I think I managed to get some good pulls.

Currently I have Sakazuki Akainu as my Captain, and got some good units to help with a team with him.

So, here is what I got (not counting trash units):

STR:

TS Chopper (Monster Point, not sure if there is more than one TS Chopper)
2x TS Sanji
Garp
3D2Y Franky (I think that's what he's called, the QCK null special one)
Luffy Dream Chaser (Pirate who lives by his code)

QCK:

3D2Y Luffy
Jabra
Sugar

DEX:

Dellinger
Orlumbus
Daruma (new Fishman)

INT:

Vergo
Robin Dream Chaser

PSY:

Hajrudin
Mansherry

Ok, that's all. Like I said, I don't think it was too bad, but I'm not sure if it would be considered good either. Any advice on the ones listed? Are any of them worth selling off to the bazaar?

My current team is Akainu, GP Usopp, Alvida, Arlong and Diamante.

Guessing I can replace Alvida with TS Sanji (seems like he's better in almost every way) and Arlong with TS Chopper. Anything else? I will probably replace GP Usopp when we get that 5+* next week.

bjork

I generally keep one of everything I don't already have, just in case. Sometimes you hear about random uses, like the green armor knight guy from Thriller Bark being handy for coliseum fights.

That said, I'd sell one of the STR Sanjis for points, rather than waste it on maybe a skill up and maybe a good socket. Other than that, they all have good uses in specific teams.

If you use non-STR guys with Akainu but they get a red orb, they still get a boost, yeah? I doubt anyone is going to get close to a maxed Arlong with a matching orb, but I feel like Alvida and Diamante could both be replaced, maybe Sanji and Garp if you want to stay all STR?

Myze

I generally keep one of everything I don't already have, just in case. Sometimes you hear about random uses, like the green armor knight guy from Thriller Bark being handy for coliseum fights.

That said, I'd sell one of the STR Sanjis for points, rather than waste it on maybe a skill up and maybe a good socket. Other than that, they all have good uses in specific teams.

If you use non-STR guys with Akainu but they get a red orb, they still get a boost, yeah? I doubt anyone is going to get close to a maxed Arlong with a matching orb, but I feel like Alvida and Diamante could both be replaced, maybe Sanji and Garp if you want to stay all STR?

Eh, I don't think I'm gonna replace Diamante. His atk is only 70 less than Arlong, and unlike Arlong, his Special isn't useless. Unless 70 atk makes that big of a difference (it very well might, but I figured my last two hits will be going to Akainu and my helper captain). I'm not sure how useful it is to have multiple delay units, but having the extra 2 turn delay (along with GPU) and decent damage every turn for 5 turns (think it's 70k per turn at max level).

I'm definitely replacing Alvida with TS Sanji, since like I mentioned, he seems better than Alvida in every way, other than 70% dmg reduction instead of 80%, but I think the 1.75x to slot effects way more than makes up for the 10%. Not to mention his +50 to all stats Crew Ability.

I think if I'm gonna replace Arlong with a pure beatstick, it would be TS Chopper, since his attack is a tad higher and his special is better. He also retains his STR slot as long as his attack is Perfect.

But yeah, on Garp, I'm not sure. Obviously he's great for princess turtle runs, but other than that, I'm not sure he would help much.

Thanks for the tip on keeping one of everything (I made sure to check on the trash units, and none of them had any useful niche abilities). Sadly, I had already merged the two Sanji's. Which thinking about it, I guess was stupid (remember, still mostly new :) ).

bjork

Sadly, I had already merged the two Sanji's. Which thinking about it, I guess was stupid (remember, still mostly new :) ).

Don't feel bad. When sockets came out, I fed all of my unevolved dupes, which I had been keeping. Then I pulled a Sengoku right after, severely limiting my team options. Live and learn, heh.

bobohoro

What the hell. I was looking forward to this sugo, had a multi planned at minimum, but am glad I read up on it first. Seems like the rates for the Fishmen are terrible and the sugo is one gigantic trap. Changed to three single pulls and even regretted those, as I got three fake golds. Decided to rather spend 10 gems for box increase.

On the other hand, if we do get the guaranteed Legend on the third multi rather soonish, I will be able to get 150 gems now.

Edit: Oh nice, LegLucci SBs next and a skill-up event the day afterwards. Can finally quadmax Lucci and my Sanji only needs one more skill-up and around 50 CC.

MiTYH

Looking for assistance beating Ain's Stage 4, the Smoker stage.

My colo Kid, Shiki all have waaay too high cooldowns to use. And since I don't have Doffy's boat, I seem to be unable to complete this stage. Anyone see any unique teams that might carry me through?

MKAllDay

I am going to be switching from iPhone to Android soon. Is there anything I need to know/prepare for aside from the gems not transferring?

On that note, knowing my gems would not transfer I spent them all doing a couple multis on this Sugo. I got a triple red multi which prior to that I had never even gotten a double red multi! However, the 3 reds were all dupes of not great legends (Lucci, Boa, Shanks). I think I am going to hold on to all three given the likelihood of Lucci and Shanks 6+ and Boa already having one.

cw_sasuke

Am i going crazy ? I can run the Leo FN on 2x stamona now....was this also the case yesterday when 2x skill up was active ?

What the hell. I was looking forward to this sugo, had a multi planned at minimum, but am glad I read up on it first. Seems like the rates for the Fishmen are terrible and the sugo is one gigantic trap. Changed to three single pulls and even regretted those, as I got three fake golds. Decided to rather spend 10 gems for box increase.

On the other hand, if we do get the guaranteed Legend on the third multi rather soonish, I will be able to get 150 gems now.

Edit: Oh nice, LegLucci SBs next and a skill-up event the day afterwards. Can finally quadmax Lucci and my Sanji only needs one more skill-up and around 50 CC.

Yeah - will be nice to finish Leg Lucci...missing like 1-2 skillup so that should work out fine.
This sugo is a trap for sure...did 6 pulls on my old account and didnt get a single fishmen - just shitty Strawhats lol and one good pull with Dellinger for my PH squad.
Even though I don't have Fuji, I do like the strides my Driven units have made in the last couple weeks. Shiki and Colo Z max skilled and socketed, Diamante pulled last sugo and max skilled already, and Saga coming up soon (though I'm not sure I'll use him much since I have Caesar...maybe as a QCK beatstick). Might have to try for the Doffy ship soon.

Thats good to hear - i wish i could farm Colo Z too but i dont think i have the team for him....doesnt help that the other two Movie Colos are very difficult as well. I would probably try harder if it wasnt so hot right now...so i dont play that much anyway and if just the easy FN farming to use up my stamina.
I am going to be switching from iPhone to Android soon. Is there anything I need to know/prepare for aside from the gems not transferring?

On that note, knowing my gems would not transfer I spent them all doing a couple multis on this Sugo. I got a triple red multi which prior to that I had never even gotten a double red multi! However, the 3 reds were all dupes of not great legends (Lucci, Boa, Shanks). I think I am going to hold on to all three given the likelihood of Lucci and Shanks 6+ and Boa already having one.

You pulled 3Leg in one multi ? Holy Shit congrats....would be a great pull for Raypoints alone if all dupes werent needed.

Top Bottom