• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MKAllDay

Umm..

Finally finished Whitebeard forest and immediately went to upgrade the ship. 616 colas later and I am one level short because I failed the second to last level EIGHTEEN times in a row. Then after finally passing it I spend the remaining cola failing the final level. 616 cola down and the ship remains unusable. Cool game.

As a result of all this, Usopp is now my least favorite OP character. Thanks Bandai!

Edit: Given that I am planning to use the ship now to knock out more forests, I decided to try and finish it with some Rayleigh cola purchases. 75 later I got the last level. So my Whitebeard ship cost 691 cola in total. Not sure how that compares to the average but that seems downright awful.

HabeeNo

Of course I don't have Jinbe...

7gcR9uu

EMT0

Banned
Umm..

Finally finished Whitebeard forest and immediately went to upgrade the ship. 616 colas later and I am one level short because I failed the second to last level EIGHTEEN times in a row. Then after finally passing it I spend the remaining cola failing the final level. 616 cola down and the ship remains unusable. Cool game.

As a result of all this, Usopp is now my least favorite OP character. Thanks Bandai!

Edit: Given that I am planning to use the ship now to knock out more forests, I decided to try and finish it with some Rayleigh cola purchases. 75 later I got the last level. So my Whitebeard ship cost 691 cola in total. Not sure how that compares to the average but that seems downright awful.

Every time I think of clearing the Whitebeard forest, I stop and think about my measly 125 cola. Then I realize that even if I do clear that forest, I'm going to be waiting another 4 months at best(if snails return) before I'll be able to get that ship in a usable state.

MKAllDay

Every time I think of clearing the Whitebeard forest, I stop and think about my measly 125 cola. Then I realize that even if I do clear that forest, I'm going to be waiting another 4 months at best(if snails return) before I'll be able to get that ship in a usable state.

I feel you. Like I said in my edit I wanted it done so I could work on the other forests but now the prospect feels a lot less exciting as even if I can beat them I won't be maxing another ship in a long time.

RedBoot

Poison Croc works too, but why use the "quick and easy" method when the "I was clearly not designed with this in mind" option exists? :p

EMT0

Banned
The deed is done! Took me about 8 gems total, but Marco's skill maxed, as well as socketed. I think next time I get a chance to use skillup books, I'll drop them on 3D2Y Sanji to get the last 2 skillups on him
and I hopefully won't whiff like I did on Marco.
Now I farm CP9 off natural stamina for the rest of the week and hopefully max out Jinbe too, as my Fighters have recently gotten a massive boost between maxed out Koala, Senor Pink, Marco, INTvankov, soon to be skilled up Kizaru, 3D2Y Robin, plus new units like Sabo and TS Sanji. I wish I had the cola to justify clearing his forest :'(

Kyou

Poison Croc works too, but why use the "quick and easy" method when the "I was clearly not designed with this in mind" option exists? :p

I was trying out the croc team on reddit but those fucking perona ghosts kept despairing me and ruining the run in stage 1.

waiting for a couple more stamina before I finally take Sengoku out for a spin in the coliseum against Capone

RalchAC

I think I've got 1 book in the last 30 runs (20 of those were yesterday). I'm going to see how this situation progresses, but if it doesn't change, I'm dropping the game again.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think I've got 1 book in the last 30 runs (20 of those were yesterday). I'm going to see how this situation progresses, but if it doesn't change, I'm dropping the game again.

Brutal....i feel unless you need a Legend skilled asap its better to just wait on the FN to return and run it through double stam - unless you need other stuff as well.

@EMT0
Grats on finishing Marco. I just fed 4 more books - 0/4.....guess this will take some more time.

Hana-Bi

Cleared Capone colo. Quite easy with a Jimbe team. :)

For the sugo tomorrow I hope I can get Momonga and Coby. Those units would be really great.

MiTYH

From Reddit, upcoming raids and FNs:

March 30/31 Mihawk
April 2/3 Ivankov
April 6/7 Boa
April 9/10 Usopp-un
April 13/14 Chopper
April 16/17 Kizaru
April 21/21 Akainu

Fortnights:
Tsuru & T-Bone
Kraken, Young Buggy/Shanks, Breed & Secret Garden
Kalifa, Maiden in Love, Duck Squad & Domino
Alvida & Prison Croc
Franky & Whitebeard Part 1

I'm very happy Breed is back, since I need him for Sengoku I pulled from the Anni. Same with Shanks, but his droprate isn't the best, but I need those SW sockets

cw_sasuke

Is Tashigi ok unit to level & Evolve?

Double sta is so great way to get rid of sta relatively fast.

Do you need another QCK slasher ? There are much better ones and you have Cavendish so you are probably off using that exp on other (RR)units,.

RalchAC

Brutal....i feel unless you need a Legend skilled asap its better to just wait on the FN to return and run it through double stam - unless you need other stuff as well.

@EMT0
Grats on finishing Marco. I just fed 4 more books - 0/4.....guess this will take some more time.

Yeah but... I just don't know. The game is 2 years old. And while the game is pretty generous with gems, it still has a model that can become quite unfair with our free time. From raid bosses, to Coliseum being mostly on weekends, to Turtle Times being half an hour at random times, to new fortnights still having skill books of characters that nobody uses.

If rates are kind with you, it's okay. You don't notice it as much. But when RNG goes wrong, it really does. Who knows, maybe it's fate and it's the way the universe (or whatever) has to tell me drop it. It would be nice if Legend drops increased internally the more runs you do without getting one. Like, if you got 0 in 5 runs, the chance increases a every run until you get one.

Rixa

Yeah but... I just don't know. The game is 2 years old. And while the game is pretty generous with gems, it still has a model that can become quite unfair with our free time. From raid bosses, to Coliseum being mostly on weekends, to Turtle Times being half an hour at random times, to new fortnights still having skill books of characters that nobody uses.

Yeah my biggest complain, why bother to look for TT when they are randomized and 30mins long and can drop magical huge whopping amount of experience worth of 35000 with 15 stamina. Stupid stupid stupid stupid. I can see this in new game, not in 2 years old game.

cw_sasuke

No I don't D. Time to sell copies for 2 Ray points each.
....you could also save them for a potential Tashigi RR pull for her sockets...only if you have the space.

If rates are kind with you, it's okay. You don't notice it as much. But when RNG goes wrong, it really does. Who knows, maybe it's fate and it's the way the universe (or whatever) has to tell me drop it. It would be nice if Legend drops increased internally the more runs you do without getting one. Like, if you got 0 in 5 runs, the chance increases a every run until you get one.

Yeah, i agree that def. a good or bad part of the game depending on what side you are on. Even if you pull great stuff you have to invest alot of time to optimize the units/squads...from exp, to skill up and sockets. Thats alot of time - especially if RNG screws you over.

On the other hand it kinda keeps the power balance in check so that power creep doesnt happen every couple months like in other Gacha titles. For example i got the right units for my Driven team in the last couple months - have them leveled now and skilled up as well...now i have only Sockets left but this will also take me a couple months.

Unless i need the special maxed asap because its that essential (Doffy) - i wouldnt go hardcore on Legend books - especially if you own multiple Legends....this will just kill you lol.

If you need a break...thats fine as well - i think we all had out multiple OPTC break. Though i would do the double stamina runs on older FN/Colo instead burning myelf out on current FN Legend book farming.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

March 30/31 Mihawk
April 2/3 Ivankov
April 6/7 Boa
April 9/10 Usopp-un
April 13/14 Chopper
April 16/17 Kizaru
April 21/21 Akainu

Come hell or high water, I am finishing Boa. There are far too many raids where she would be useful. Will also finish Kizaru and Akainu.

March 30/31 Mihawk
April 2/3 Ivankov
April 6/7 Boa
April 9/10 Usopp-un
April 13/14 Chopper
April 16/17 Kizaru
April 21/21 Akainu

Fortnights:
Tsuru & T-Bone
Kraken, Young Buggy/Shanks, Breed & Secret Garden
Kalifa, Maiden in Love, Duck Squad & Domino
Alvida & Prison Croc
Franky & Whitebeard Part 1

I'm very happy Breed is back, since I need him for Sengoku I pulled from the Anni. Same with Shanks, but his droprate isn't the best, but I need those SW sockets

The real crime here is the lack of a returning Sabo.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Totally forgot about Kuma tonight. Hope to finish him. Need a ton of copies though. RNG was not kind last time. I thought about doing a pull or two on the sugo but I just need to keep using the gems for stam refills. Bah.

EMT0

Banned
All those fortnights I need bah gawd...I dunno how I'll prioritize one over the other. On Kizaru, I fed my 50 copies and was lucky enough to max his special and his sockets! Feels good, man. I guess I'll be clearing Kuma today until I max him, then I hoard my gems for socketing INTHawk and as many Hancock raid runs as I can.

EDIT:

T-Bone vs. Tsuru: T-Bone easy, although I don't need either FN badly either
Kraken vs. Young Buggy/Shanks vs. Breed vs. Secret Garden:

;______; I need Whitebeard and Izo books. I need Croc and Blueno books, as well as Marguerite skillups. I need Ace books and Breed skillups. Bandais pls, why all three in one week

Kalifa, Maiden in Love, Duck Squad & Domino: Kalifa would be nice, but Domino wins in priorities
Alvida & Prison Croc: Croc sockets ahoy
Franky & Whitebeard Part 1: Whitebeard Pt 1, easy, because INTHawk books

RedBoot

14 returning fortnights in one month, and no Wanze? You're slipping, Bandai. :p

This is like the second or third time we've gotten Prison Croc since I decided to wait for Kimono Croc to finish socketing him...maybe I should take the hint.

Tidd

Kuma raid will be interesting tonight. I will try to beat it with a 2x Fuji team that I designed for young Whitebeard. Would be so amazing if this team would work. PLS GIVE ME THAT SKULL DROP!!

Oh, I should farm a blue dragon for Vista. So I can finally start my skill ups for him. :p
Went 0/20.... Thankfully I got 3/5 after that. But it wasn't enough. Still need one skill up.

mileS

Boa is coming soon again? That is priority #1 for me. I need to start planning. I hope I can handle her with a TS Luffy team because my slashers are lacking. It's a shame there is literally next to no guides or videos of him clearing Boa to help me. I obviously know he can but still. Raid Aokiji might come in handy on that team. Glad I finished him off in one go.

Basically confirms I have to stay strong and not even do a single pull this sugo. I need Apoo, Doffy, and Ivankov sockets. Both Apoo and Doffy will be from scratch so that's a lot of work right there. Doffy is max level but his special is still 28 turns lol. Breed is coming back as well? Holy crap

cw_sasuke

Didnt expect this FN to be all for April - thats crazy....def. need to stone of you wanna get some shit done in April lol.

Still will do 1-2 pulls this Sugo....xD

MiTYH

Kuma raid will be interesting tonight.

Ohh I forgot Kuma is coming tonight. I should stop doing these beginning stages for the coliseum and save my stamina now. Too many teams seem to need a low cooldown Kuma. I'll probably pull once in this trap sugo, just because, but ten might spend a gem or two on farming Kuma. Especially since we're still in skillup time

I checked and mine is at 25, can go to 14?! Damn, I need a lot more skillups than I thought. If I could get him to 17 or 18 though, that'd be enough.

Wish snails were active to get those meats....

14 returning fortnights in one month, and no Wanze? You're slipping, Bandai. :p

This is like the second or third time we've gotten Prison Croc since I decided to wait for Kimono Croc to finish socketing him...maybe I should take the hint.

I don't mean to sound like a negative nancy but I don't think the banquet fortnights are ever coming. With exception to Sabo books, we've already gotten all the non-3* unit skill books through other FNs. And as is tradition, Bandai isn't in the business of changing things unless they absolutely have to and with the minimal effort required so hypothetically if we did get the FN, there probably wouldn't be "replacement" books. Even then, Sabo books are on the slate within the next few new FNs, which would have actually been their second appearance in Japan. The only unique farming opportunity, apart from the garbage FN units, would be a farmable source for Jimbe sockets.

The worst part for global is that them not being here means the only source for Boa books is the Domino FN and we all know how well that went. My OG Boa isn't even skill maxed and I shutter at the thought of trying to skill up another one for her 6*+ form.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, not getting the Jimbe fn would suck. Not one skill up so far for my two Boas (Boa was my third legend almost a year or even longer ago...) and I want to socket Jimbe...

bobohoro

All those FNs and I don't really need to farm any of them.
Well maybe Prison Croc, for a bit.

Went through Colo Apoo and it was manageable, just messed up on Bellamy due to own dumbness. Lao G/Apoo isn't that bad, but I need a Cavendish FC and I kinda only have few. Feels like he is still an underrated legend, would love to pull him one day.

Something else: Socketing Corazon! I kinda think I'll go with DR over Orbs. He's a pretty nice FS sub and a total tank of a captain, and orbs reduces meat rates, so it kinda makes sense in my head. Please someone tell me if I'm doing something dumb there.

My LegLucci is already at 5/5/3/4, so I will really stop with tomes there (or feed him the specific ones if my team requires them one day), so I will focus fully on Corason and will do PSY Marco next.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
All those FNs and I don't really need to farm any of them.
Well maybe Prison Croc, for a bit.

Went through Colo Apoo and it was manageable, just messed up on Bellamy due to own dumbness. Lao G/Apoo isn't that bad, but I need a Cavendish FC and I kinda only have few. Feels like he is still an underrated legend, would love to pull him one day.

Something else: Socketing Corazon! I kinda think I'll go with DR over Orbs. He's a pretty nice FS sub and a total tank of a captain, and orbs reduces meat rates, so it kinda makes sense in my head. Please someone tell me if I'm doing something dumb there.

My LegLucci is already at 5/5/3/4, so I will really stop with tomes there (or feed him the specific ones if my team requires them one day), so I will focus fully on Corason and will do PSY Marco next.

With a Corazon captain, you're not relying on meat anyway. Orbs are generally recommended for forests, and Corazon excels as a forest captain.

If you're going to give up anything for Damage reduction, it should be CD. But I wouldn't do it because I think damage reduction is vastly overrated and negligible.

ExVicis

So somehow I got a Hail Mary Pass just now to make up for the shit Jinbe skillbook drop luck yesterday. I got three skillbooks
(exactly the number I needed left)
and decided "well fuck it" and used them all and somehow every single one worked! So now Jinbe is at Max Special Level (my first Legend at Max). I'm now more or less free to ignore the CP9 FN.

mileS

That's some amazing luck. I don't think I've ever had 3 in a row before(on anything let alone a legend). Grats on maxing him out!

EMT0

Banned
So somehow I got a Hail Mary Pass just now to make up for the shit Jinbe skillbook drop luck yesterday. I got three skillbooks
(exactly the number I needed left)
and decided "well fuck it" and used them all and somehow every single one worked! So now Jinbe is at Max Special Level (my first Legend at Max). I'm now more or less free to ignore the CP9 FN.

Madness, awesome madness o:

My current rate on Jinbe books appears to be 1 per day, hopefully it turns around soonish. The lower it gets the better for me, although 18 CD is more than okay for me since that's Marco's max CD.

Hana-Bi

So whats your Kuma/YWB team for today?

Will use a double Shiryu team with GP Usopp, legend Marco, Inazuma and IntHawk. With this I should be safe and since I only need teo skill ups for my second Kuma to max, those runs don't need to be fast. :)

Kyou

I need six levels on Kuma so not going to try for ywb tomorrow. I just want to get one copy this clash.

Kuma doesn't seem like a good option to start off attempting to farm YWB. Unless you've got a Croc dream team, it doesn't look like we have very many options apart from Shiryu scumming it.

EMT0

Banned
I need 5 more skillups on Kuma, and 4 more sockets. I'll go until at least 16 CD or I max his sockets, whichever happens first. I don't need to desperately max him considering my Croc's special is so high but making progress on him would be nice. And if YWB shows up, I'm hitting the no thank you button so hard.

RalchAC

Today I got 1 book in 13 runs.

So, yeah. My rates have vastly improved over my previous 2 days. It was 1 out of 30 runs.

And seems like Hack finally decided to skill up once. Only needed 30 books to get to skill level 2.

EMT0

Banned
Today I got 1 book in 13 runs.

So, yeah. My rates have vastly improved over my previous 2 days. It was 1 out of 30 runs.

And seems like Hack finally decided to skill up once. Only needed 30 books to get to skill level 2.

8c3a27da0f90a88e3db962e5a022c34362f157c8_hq.gif

I'm so sorry

RedBoot

Yeah, I'll probably try for YWB on Garp Day. I know the actual chances for getting the ambush will be super-low, but I want to finish Kuma and Buster Call and I don't really ever want to run Doffy again.

Granted, I'm not 100% sure I even have a team that can clear YWB anyway, but we'll see.

Kyou

Kuma has reached "can do with my eyes closed" levels of easy, hooray!

Also got ambushed on my second run, might as well give it a shot

Edit: aaaaaand got my ass kicked

ExVicis

So I looked real close at the YWB Invasion and the teams that can go and there's no way I can have a chance of doing him unless it's with Shiryu scumming. So I'll just be doing that it seems. It's not ideal but it's all I got.

Also congrats GuardianE! That kinda stuff really makes me just hope someday I'll be lucky enough to pull Croc or Kalifa.

RedBoot

Two pulls: Bastille and Senor Pink. The former is new, albeit unimpressive. As for Pink, I wanted him for a while, but over the last three sugos I've gotten him like four times. Oh well.

Japan news: 5+ Robin incoming. I'm guessing we'll see Franky and Brook as well. Interested to see how those turn out...maybe we'll get Story Robin books someday on Global (side note: they didn't announce the new fortnight tonight as per usual).

Usopp Forest incoming on the 1st, so expect japes. Apparently has a limited-time ship along with it. Art shows Dressrosa Usopp, which is...interesting.

RR Perona in the next batch. It's her timeskip design. I guess it could be the Thriller Bark batch many have speculated (with a legend Moria), but it's weird that they'd use her timeskip design for that, since characters like Moria, Absalom, etc, don't have TS designs yet. Maybe it's a 3D2Y-ish batch? RR Heracles, Legend Kuma? Just guessing.

Top Bottom