• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

EMT0

Banned
tomorrow is gonna be a pretty empty day...i have to decide between the second hodi jones or farming for sentomaru sockets/ story kizaru books, but not much else

or maybe i'll farm for 5+ skulls...it should be double drop on 3d2y island

I'm in a bit of a bind myself if RNG is against me these next two days if I want to avoid spending gems. I need 1 more skillup on Legend Blackbeard, and I need to farm Story Hody. I'm going to spend the 10th farming the Whitebeard Pirates FN because the sooner I max TS Sanji the better, and the 11th on the Coliseum to hopefully finish off Byrnndi World. That gives me two days to pull off that last skillup + getting Story Hody. Assuming I don't pull off my goals, I'm probably going to axe my plans for farming the Whitebeard Pirates FN in favor of farming Hody that day too, but I won't have a chance to feed any books I farm from that day onwards until the 20th. The only real time-sensitive thing I have to do is get that last Blackbeard skillup, and get my X-Drake/Suleiman/Byrnndi sockets done by the 14th. Not impossible, but not seeming too likely either if I don't wanna gem for it.

I suppose that I'll drop a few gems to get that last Blackbeard skillup no matter what if I have to on the 9th, treat the 10th as Hody farming day, and roll with the Coliseum from then onwards. RNJesus, I know I've wasted all my luck recently on X-Drake and Suleiman skillups but if you're still with me, we just need to get one last thing out of the way and then you can go back to cursing me with more QCK Hancocks.

EDIT: Thinking about it, this current coliseum rotation is almost up. What are you guys hoping to see next, seeing as we're living in crazy times when JP's order gets thrown out the window? My personal best-case scenario is Colo Machavise, Colo Kyros, and Colo Arlong for the new coliseums, and the return of Colo Kid and Hawkins alongside of them. There's no way we're getting Kyros so soon, so I'm gonna place my realistic bets on getting Colo Gladius as the 50 stamina Coliseum(I think he's 50), with Oars Jr. and either Doma or Marco as our new 30 stamina Coliseums.

EDIT2: Because tonight I'm doing a lot of brainstorming, it seems. We know the Admiral event is coming , we also know Limited RR Aokiji is also coming. The books for him plus Log Kid and Fisher Tiger will drop during that event. When Log Kid dropped, we got Nekomamushi early. So far Fisher Tiger hasn't had a new Sugofest follow on his trails and the last one was on the 27th, so the question is, will they make a pattern of following up each Limited RR with a Legend that works with them? Powerhouse rate-up is here until the 17th. There's time to slot in a Sugofest for the end of this week, if they're gonna go that route. If they do, the question is, Sanji, or V2 Lucci? And if they do this, what drops with Aokiji? Enel, Magellan, or V2 Hancock? I personally hope it isn't V2 Hancock, as I need time to hoard gems for her Sugofest, but I've got a sinking feeling that I'm wrong.

EMT0

Banned
Apologies for the double post, but holy shit, I was completely right. And to the surprise of no one, it's completely shitty. 9 multis for your guaranteed Legend now! Fucking lol

rkn2gcpxzpqz.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
We are already getting the new Legend Lucci? Feels like he just came out in Japan.

Blackbeard, Akainu and new Lucci. Could use all three of them lol.

Kyou

looking forward to 12 multis for 2x legend rate

These Sugos lately have been giving me a baaaaaad feeling, like Global is circling the drain and they're trying desperately to squeeze out what they can.

Ended this clash of clashes with Sabo 2 away from max and Akainu 3 away from max. Would have preferred to finish off both of them but I can't be too disappointed in this.

Also I got FOUR meats today on Akainu, I only spent one gem farming.

NKnight7

Neo Member
So I guess when it comes to Sugos my best bet is to save for the anniversary? I'm close to 200 gems at the moment, so I should definitely have a good amount saved before that arrives.

Hana-Bi

We are already getting the new Legend Lucci? Feels like he just came out in Japan.

Yeah, me too. Won‘t pull though because I really wished Fukaboshi was also rate boosted. Would be a nice unit for my Striker team...

Majukun

remember,the banners are bullshit.
So I guess when it comes to Sugos my best bet is to save for the anniversary? I'm close to 200 gems at the moment, so I should definitely have a good amount saved before that arrives.

best bet,yes.
but global management will find a way to screw us over for the 3rd anni too.

chrono01

There's no way we're getting a guaranteed G4 Luffy for the 3rd Global Anniversary. The best we'll likely get is a guaranteed G4 Luffy at the ninth multi-pull, and even then I could see it being a "greatly-increased chance" instead (which, given the leaked rates earlier, means absolutely nothing).

Basically, prepare for the worst, that way you (probably) won't be disappointed.

MiTYH

There's no way we're getting a guaranteed G4 Luffy for the 3rd Global Anniversary. The best we'll likely get is a guaranteed G4 Luffy at the ninth multi-pull, and even then I could see it being a "greatly-increased chance" instead (which, given the leaked rates earlier, means absolutely nothing).

Basically, prepare for the worst, that way you (probably) won't be disappointed.

This is my fear too. What a slap to the face this sugo is, guaranteed on the 9th. Just... what. I know I won't be pulling. Remember to voice your opinion with your wallets!

Majukun

wow,got all 3 the mugiwara skulls i needed in one single bar of stamina, and now i have the complete "set"
no idea if i'll ever use them really, but at least tat's done

later i'll try and see if i get another meat and i manage to drop the second hodi too..although i don't think my luck will go that far

EMT0

Banned
I got 2 Blackbeard books to drop, but no skillups :'( Everything else from the FN is done too, all the RR, RR Sentomaru's max socketed, even got an unevolved Momonga maxed out for Sengoku teams. I guess I'll start feeding a FN Sentomaru, cuz I got nothing better to do with his dupes :/ RIP the Hody dream

Voror

Ah sounds like I should just save gems then. Only have 62 currently anyway so it's not like I could do multiple pulls.

bobohoro

That new Lucci is kinda meh, not as a unit, but I kinda dislike multiple legends for a single character. Luffy being the exception, because you know. Fishmen being boosted is nice, but I probably will not be pulling. And those steps are laughable, seriously.

Also got my last skill-up on 3D2Y Zoro, kinda done with Sentonmaru now. Torn on what to do:

Run story island and hope for a Hody drop?
Farm FN Smoker for skill-ups and sockets for both himself and G-5 Tashigi?
Socket FN Sentonmaru?
Finish my second QCK Mihawk, although I've never even used my first one?

Of course I get meat snails on the days I don't need them. Will probably just do story.

Majukun

aaaand, no second hodi..now i'm kind of mad that i wasted a bar trying to get the second copy instead of trying farming the sentomaru fortnight for sento sockets and some secondary books

if i understood the announcement,tomorrow we have a new fortnight,one of the extra ones,and then the day after we get the haruta fn,which it's kind of tricky for what i saw, you need a very specific team to pass haruta

MiTYH

Started and finished Fishman Pt2. Took my dream slasher team, stalled effectively, and finished without issues. I think the only one that was close was the one stage with a miniboss/final boss, forget all the fishmen names. No drops though... might spend some stamina to try and get a Hody drop, never got him to drop in the first one and Qck seems like a great unit

Lots to farm starting tomorrow though. Haruta's WB FN is stacked with things I need, and Jimbe's got some good socket units, plus I think we get a new HW one (Sugar? Corazon? either way I need sockets on both)

RedBoot

New Global First(??) raid teased

Appears to be Young Rayleigh

Would make sense, since Rayleigh (still!) doesn't have a farmable version. Could also potentially be a Young (two-armed) Shanks, but Rayray seems more likely.

So now we just have to wait and see if Global actually gets it first, or if they pull another Neohawk and give it to JPN. :p

EDIT: Actually, I'm really interested to see the art if it's Rayleigh. The design of him with the popped collar is actually from a Strong World tie-in, so that almost seems like shaky licensing ground (though I guess Black-clad Ace and Shanks aren't an issue). Could be a brand new design, though if it is, it might not be Rayleigh at all.

Kyou

Would make sense, since Rayleigh (still!) doesn't have a farmable version. Could also potentially be a Young (two-armed) Shanks, but Rayray seems more likely.

So now we just have to wait and see if Global actually gets it first, or if they pull another Neohawk and give it to JPN. :p

My money is on Ray because he's got that popped collar and slicked back hair

Plus Young Shanks would have a straw hat :D

edit: Opting to actually skill up Sugar before going for RR sockets. She seems... potentially useful??

RedBoot

Plus Young Shanks would have a straw hat :D

Ah, that's true. :p

Honestly, the collar looks more Marine-ish to me. It makes me think of Morgan or perhaps Diez Barrels, but those are unlikely and massively unlikely, respectively. I'm probably overthinking it and it's just Rayleigh.

EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, Shanks is consistently depicted with a sword with a curved hilt guard, like in the picture, while Rayleigh is not. Granted, the sword could just be part of the background.

Majukun

Ah, that's true. :p

Honestly, the collar looks more Marine-ish to me. It makes me think of Morgan or perhaps Diez Barrels, but those are unlikely and massively unlikely, respectively. I'm probably overthinking it and it's just Rayleigh.

EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, Shanks is consistently depicted with a sword with a curved hilt guard, like in the picture, while Rayleigh is not. Granted, the sword could just be part of the background.
rayleigh had an identical sword in episode 0,or when he was young in general.
since there are only 2 things notable in that silhouette (sword and collar) and both coincide with young ray, I'd say that' him

MiTYH

Hm, a new raid for global first? Wonder why, if not to justify having Qck Legend Lucci? That's the only reason I can think of..

Easy day today, going to focus on HW Sugar. Legend BB seems like the best, if only I had more friends who used him. Will need to think of a secondary team since I need a lot of Sugar sockets. Got her to drop once already, and she's at level 12 which is very usable (though I see she goes to 5 for speed runs I guess). Still, will focus on RR since bringing her along could help on some things

EDIT: Oh. Forgot again it's 40 stamina, and sad that the meat-up snails are gone. I generally got one a day. Guess I don't need another team to make since I can only run it double stamina twice before breaking. That's a bummer.

Majukun

The real question is how they're going to justify Young Rayleigh being a 2x orb booster for shooters.

my hope now that i'm an akainu user is that is gonna be something useful for him..but it's prretty difficult to predict since as of now ray's classes and specials have been all over the place..my hope is on a str boss (since v2 lucci is qck) that makes str orbs matching for other types too so that i don't have to hope tu pull onigumo or wait for colo oars

EMT0

Banned
oh this'll be fun to play the guessing game on.

I saaaay... STR Driven/Slasher delayer and conditonal attack booster

I'ma be mighty disappointed if it's a delay conditional attack booster, tbqh. Everything in the game has delay protection nowadays, making it largely useless, even against Coliseum minibosses half the time.

Kyou

I'ma be mighty disappointed if it's a delay conditional attack booster, tbqh. Everything in the game has delay protection nowadays, making it largely useless, even against Coliseum minibosses half the time.
true, mainly I want something to spice up my Zoro team. Maybe an affinity booster? F2P rr Tashigi

Majukun

oh this'll be fun to play the guessing game on.

I saaaay... STR Driven/Slasher delayer and conditonal attack booster

soo..let's see

the previous rayleigh had in total 3 different classes

- fighter
- cerebral
- slasher

and there's not much in Ray's character that can point towards other classes...so i'd say cerebral/slasher.

as per specials we had

- delayer with bind and despair reduction (and then paralysis and easier perfects with the 6+)
- fixed damage + chain multiplayer booster
- healer + orb booster
- orb manipulator

this looks like a complete jump in the dark..some characters have consistent kind of specials across different versions,but others are completely different, so we don't know if they'll go for something completely new or just a lesser/ better version of one already available (like with raid sanji)

if i have to guess...aoe damage,delays one turn and some kind of conditional boost, just to do something new..we haven't got a conditional booster as a raid boss since dalmatian in the buster call.

as per the type...STR is possible since they wanna promote qck lucci..and together with psy it's the type no version of rayleigh has

also a str raid boss might come in handy for akainu legend teams

EMT0

Banned
how were the drop rates for WB books on the HW fortnight? Worth dropping some gems on?

Slightly better than the Kraken FN, and definitely worth farming over the Kraken FN due to the Strawhat sockets. IMO it's worth it even if the grind sure doesn't feel like it, Whitebeard's special is fantastic and worth the gem investment.

mileS

EDIT3: 16 books to get the last Blackbeard skillup. Fuck Global rates man >>

This is the only thing holding me back from playing. I only log in to get my free gems. Did a half assed attempt on farming Blackbeard books. 0/15 put me back where I was rather quickly. Should have saved the books for the slight possibility of a rate change on global.

Despite all that I still enjoy keeping up on this thread and the news.

koryuken

This is the only thing holding me back from playing. I only log in to get my free gems. Did a half assed attempt on farming Blackbeard books. 0/15 put me back where I was rather quickly. Should have saved the books for the slight possibility of a rate change on global.

Despite all that I still enjoy keeping up on this thread and the news.

I'm playing global casually atm but have been more focused on JP. I got a free Lucy re-roll account from EMT0 and am having fun with that. There is no way I am going to re-farm everything again to max, but there is also no need. Since I have been playing Global forever, I know which units are critical and which ones are not. There are a ton of raid bosses and many Colosseum units that are non crucial. Whereas 99% of fortnight units are just bad and are used mostly for sockets.

edit: JP its pretty lit to use 2 skillbooks on a unit and most of the time getting a skillup without any event going on.

Kyou

Slightly better than the Kraken FN, and definitely worth farming over the Kraken FN due to the Strawhat sockets. IMO it's worth it even if the grind sure doesn't feel like it, Whitebeard's special is fantastic and worth the gem investment.
I'll probably invest about 10 gems in it.

Recent revelations about OPTC has convinced me to make the most of the characters I have versus gambling for the big guns.

Voror

So are the rates in general in Global off compared to Japan beyond those for summons? I feel like other games from NB like Dokkan or Blazing don't seem to have nearly these same issues.

EMT0

Banned
So are the rates in general in Global off compared to Japan beyond those for summons? I feel like other games from NB like Dokkan or Blazing don't seem to have nearly these same issues.

Yep, the rates are different. This thread does a pretty good explaining what the standout differences are. The takeaways for new players are

A) If you want a specific (non-Legend) unit, pull when they first drop or hold your peace for at least 6 months.

B) The new Legend of the banner is lowered compared to other boosted Legend units. Don't believe their lies.

C) Don't pull for Legends, ever, unless they're quadruple boosted like V2 Law or Shirahoshi were during the Neko Sugofest

D) Don't pull unless it's three multipulls for a guaranteed Legend. If you want to get Legends, this is a hard rule because the rates are miserable otherwise.

E) Not all units are boosted equally. The rate-boosted units on banners get different ratios, and usually, the best units are the rarer ones. Bandai is scummy and misleading like that.

In more positive news, I got Story Hody while clearing the story mode! Feels good man, I get to avoid the grind and I actually accomplished everything I was hoping to for today without gemming. I also got Dosun, who seems eh. INT Aokiji is infinitely better at 1 more CD at max, but I guess it's one more for the pokedex. I'm hoping I can get Daruma with some RNG luck, but for now, all I want to do today is get through the rest of the island.

EDIT: Eyyyy, Story Zeo. He actually seems super useful for speedrunning with Neko, since he negates the reduced damage of badly matching orbs on a 6 turn CD
EDIT 2nd Dosun. Meh

Majukun

regarding limit breaing,one thing that it's not clear to me...giving a dupe copy of a character you can level up only ONEof his limit breaks or all of them advance by one level?

Voror

Yep, the rates are different. This thread does a pretty good explaining what the standout differences are. The takeaways for new players are

A) If you want a specific (non-Legend) unit, pull when they first drop or hold your peace for at least 6 months.

B) The new Legend of the banner is lowered compared to other boosted Legend units. Don't believe their lies.

C) Don't pull for Legends, ever, unless they're quadruple boosted like V2 Law or Shirahoshi were during the Neko Sugofest

D) Don't pull unless it's three multipulls for a guaranteed Legend. If you want to get Legends, this is a hard rule because the rates are miserable otherwise.

E) Not all units are boosted equally. The rate-boosted units on banners get different ratios, and usually, the best units are the rarer ones. Bandai is scummy and misleading like that.

I was wondering if this was just with pulls or if it went over to things like skill books or drop rates on FNs and the like. So based on this info I definitely would be best off not bothering with this upcoming Sugo? I've only got enough for one pull anyway so I guess it wouldn't matter.

EMT0

Banned
I was wondering if this was just with pulls or if it went over to things like skill books or drop rates on FNs and the like. So based on this info I definitely would be best off not bothering with this upcoming Sugo? I've only got enough for one pull anyway so I guess it wouldn't matter.

Definitely not, it's the most trap sugo we've had all year, IMO. Since you're rocking Akainu and don't really need most of the RR pool since you've already got TS Sanji, I'd say wait for the Amazon Lily batch and try to get Sandersonia and Marigold, which are godly units on any Powerhouse or Striker team. That's what I'm saving my current 91 gems towards. Or alternatively, hoard gems in anticipation of a guaranteed Gear 4th Sugofest like in Japan, but this being Global, who knows if that's reliable. But the general rule of thumb is when in doubt, hoard.

EMT0

Banned
ahahahahahahahaha
Double Hody:
Qv4jksR.png

Double Hody on my first run:
HO9spS0.png

Double Hody on my first run sitting next to my other Hody at the top left:
X6GxYgT.png

ahahahahahahahahaha

Legit cackled. Sorry to everybody that farmed for Hody.

Kyou

how the hell are you supposed to limit break a legend then?
even the whalest of whales doesn't have 25 akainu copies
they're adding in the equivalent of socket books... eventually

I think they're in the data there's just no way to get them yet

Majukun

hmm..for some reason the skillups attempted the last day have always really bad rates...it is just me/rng, or do you share the same impression?

RedBoot

My Sengoku team for the WB3 FN is dire. A level 1 Kid Nami and Davy Back Chopper. Of course it's still super easy since the Sengokus and Momonga can pretty much handle it themselves.

I just realized I never had Doughty drop ever during the Sentomaru FN, and I ran it a decent amount (enough to max several of the characters as well as get 18 Blackbeard books, who I do not own). I mean, I don't care (I didn't even keep a copy of the other midboss), but was he really that rare?

EMT covered the sugo stuff, so as for skill-ups, we also have worse rates than JPN. Our standard rates are around 12% for a skill up, which goes to 24% or so during boosts. JPN sits at 24% regularly, with events going to 33% or so (they also had an event around 3rd anni that boosted the skill up rate even more, so it was maybe 45-50% at that point? Dunno). These are all calculated by the community, as Bandai's never given out those rates, but there's been enough testing that you can take them as reasonably accurate.

As for drop rates in FNs and the like, we can only guess and test. I know Reddit used to do drop rate testing for FNs, not sure if they still do. Generally, a FN boss drops around 40% of the time, though there's a few that are rarer (Prison Croc and Young Arlong come to mind). Secret characters also vary, some are stupid rare (Aisa), others can be much higher (Dressrosa Sanji is probably in the 20% range).

On skill books, it's probably easier to gauge those based on where they can drop. For instance, some books can drop on, say, 4-5 stages in the FN, while others may only have 1-2. The more chances, the more likely you'll see it. I'm not actually sure there's variance beyond that (save for "rare" drops like legend books), but that's an anecdotal call on my part. Legend books are probably in the 2-8% range, with characters who need a lot of skill ups (Sengoku, Lucci) being more common and characters who only need a few (Boa, Borsalino) on the rare side.

Majukun

My Sengoku team for the WB3 FN is dire. A level 1 Kid Nami and Davy Back Chopper. Of course it's still super easy since the Sengokus and Momonga can pretty much handle it themselves.

I just realized I never had Doughty drop ever during the Sentomaru FN, and I ran it a decent amount (enough to max several of the characters as well as get 18 Blackbeard books, who I do not own). I mean, I don't care (I didn't even keep a copy of the other midboss), but was he really that rare?

extremely,at least for me.

bobohoro

I think I dropped Doughty twice. His secret stage was him getting KOed by a Pacifista, which then fled, if I remember correctly. So yeah, 4 copies of Doughty thanks to double stamina and 21 books of Blackbeard. Really rare.

Haruta FN seemed tough at first, since I don't have the required niche FN units like Kid Nami or a Nico Olivia with reasonable CD. But double Neko specials and stage two of YWB already take off 600k health, so I only need the bottom row with an orb boost to KO him.

And needing every drop from a FN feels as good as expected. So much progress.

Top Bottom