• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition launches Septermber 29th in NA

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/888035794161508352

*ANNOUNCEMENT* ONE PIECE: Unlimited World Red -DELUXE EDITION- will be available on the #NintendoSwitch on Sept. 29 2017!

DFLrD6AUIAAi6SA.jpg

Hope they do a physical version. The art they posted in that tweet looks like boxart.

LordKano

Is this a good game for someone entering the One Piece games for the first time?

Depends on how unfamiliar you are. It's an original story so you won't be lost, and they introduce most of the characters but if you don't even know Luffy's crew, it might be hard.

Steiner

Banned
Might be worth nothing in the title that this is the release date for the Nintendo Switch version. PS4 and PC version still coming August 25.

xviper

why not release the first trilogy of the Unlimited series ?? they are actually amazing

i always read that people want an open world One piece game, well, Unlimited Adventure and Unlimited cruise 1+2 are exactly what you people want, open world, you can play and upgrade the whole crew, a deep combat system for each character, unlock new moves for each character, bosses, tons and tons of thing to collect and craft many things, mini games, and there is a PVP mode which is AWESOME, you can play with ALL the bosses alongside the whole crew and more

Unlimited Trilogy are the best games on the Wii

Unlmited world red is a disgrace and is nothing like the Unlimited trilogy on the wii

khaaan

Is this a good game for someone entering the One Piece games for the first time?

I liked it, how familiar are you with the anime?

I stopped watching comparatively early in the series so there were a couple characters I wasn't very familiar with but I was still able to enjoy it. The story itself was self-contained enough that if there were any references to other things I didn't feel like I was missing out. The gameplay flow is similar to something like Monster Hunter in that you can take missions (Hunting/gathering/fishing) that happen in a number of different locations but there's also a main story to follow. The combat felt on the simple side but it's still a good number of steps above Musou's. You can also take on the missions co-op but I never tried that out.

I'd like to pick this up but I already finished the story on Vita and I'm not sure if the gameplay is enough to draw me back in for another playthrough.

Bamco NA being the usual...
It's really short without much content and really simple and a bit grindy. Not for full price after so many years.

Depends on how unfamiliar you are. It's an original story so you won't be lost, and they introduce most of the characters but if you don't even know Luffy's crew, it might be hard.

I liked it, how familiar are you with the anime?

I stopped watching comparatively early in the series so there were a couple characters I wasn't very familiar with but I was still able to enjoy it. The story itself was self-contained enough that if there were any references to other things I didn't feel like I was missing out. The gameplay flow is similar to something like Monster Hunter in that you can take missions (Hunting/gathering/fishing) that happen in a number of different locations but there's also a main story to follow. The combat felt on the simple side but it's still a good number of steps above Musou's. You can also take on the missions co-op but I never tried that out.

I'd like to pick this up but I already finished the story on Vita and I'm not sure if the gameplay is enough to draw me back in for another playthrough.
Thanks for the responses guys! I used to watch it all the time when it was on Toonami and 4kids but I think I stopped watching when they were in this jungle like place with lots of vines. Before the time skip. But I've checked it out here and there so I know a lot about what's going on.

Top Bottom