• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One thing that Goldeneye still does better than most other games

FyreWulff

Man, I forgot that PD Zero was delayed for so long that it didn't even hit the original Xbox. That game was on the "coming soon" screenshot section of my original Gamecube's retail box.

I've been replaying both GE and PD quite a bit thanks to this thread. And I'm glad that I bothered to unlock the extra difficulty modes for both games back in the day, as it lets me replay missions with all of the high-difficulty objectives but with lower enemy damage. Great for casual replays for someone who can't be bothered to relearn optimal routes 20 years later. :p

Kameo and PDZ must hold the rare award of being on the "back of the box" for 3 different consoles (GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360) advertised as an exclusive lol

Magitex

I find it hilarious that a Nintendo 64 game can get this right, but a modern milsim like Arma 3 can't. It's not that hard to raycast and do polygon intersections.
I can't count the number of times my bullets have disappeared in Arma, only to realize that they aren't really leaving the barrel because of horribly inaccurate hit detection where my own cover is eating the bullets.

so, you are "excluding" the existence of other controls/gameplay to say that controls/gameplay of GE are "awesome" or "have no problems". whatever makes you happy then...
And Goldeneye makes a fuckton of people happy.

What are you even doing comparing it to Quake PC? That's some dumb shit.

daninthemix

Nice catch, OP. Many (most?) modern games simply don't have that kind of precision, and your bullets will often slam into some transparent texture that's meant to be a grille or railing.

Top Bottom