• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Open-world camper van exploration game Outbound announced for PC

Info via Gematsu:

Netherlands-based studio Square Glade Games have announced open-world camper van exploration game Outbound for PC (Steam). A release date was not announced. A Kickstarter campaign is coming soon.

ABOUT THIS GAME​

Outbound is an open-world exploration game set in a utopian near future. You start with an empty camper van and turn it into the home of your dreams. Build and explore at your own pace. Scavenge materials, craft, automate production, and build in and on top of your vehicle with modular parts. Advance in technology and efficiently use energy to power your home. Adjust your strategy to adapt to new landscapes and changing environmental conditions.​

Source Energy​

Fuel your electric camper van with energy from the sun, wind, or water.
source_energy.gif

Build​

Build your moving base with a modular building system. Customize your vehicle with paint, decorations, and furniture to create your own perfect cozy place.
build.gif

Grow​

Create gardens to nurture delicate and delicious plants and mushrooms. Eat them raw or cook them first to refill your needs.
grow.gif

Craft and Automate​

Craft workstations and tools from resources around you. Upgrade, connect, and automate to produce more complex parts.
craft.gif

Explore​

Explore a colorful open world with a variety of biomes, resources, and secrets to uncover.
explore.gif

Comandr

Looks really cute. Wishlisted. Will check out the kickstarter when it launches. My only concern is the “end game.” Is there a story? Does that story conclude? A lot of times games like these just sort of.. end when you get bored. That’s not very satisfying.

Currently the ultra cute ocean junk city survival game Flotsam has been in EA for like 4 or 5 years and has no end game. You build your base as big as you want or optimize to the maximum possible potential…. And then just keep going or close the game because that’s all you can do.

I love the option to be able to continue playing after a main story, but there needs to be some sort of narrative conclusion. 🤞

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Looks really cute. Hopefully you don't have to murder your girlfriend after you get sick of her and the arguments.

bender

What time is it?
I'm usually not into these types of games but I'll give this a whirl as the whole van life craze fascinates me to no end.

Top Bottom