• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM: All the PS4 launch game rumors we can find

Maybe I'm misreading* it gofreak but they don't specifically say "LBP" do they? From what I can see from the OP (and I haven't clicked any links) they're just rehashing the MMO rumour. It's just that they've tacked on the "LBP universe" by which I'm guessing they mean aesthetic.

Mm isn't going to be making LittleBig titles at all. They're moving on to new IP's. They have one team working on Tearaway while another works on a different title. If they're working on a MMO, then it isn't a LB_ title.

Sony should throw a little $ around and get the next Souls game exclusively. I'm sure Battlefield 4 will be a launch title as well. Ps4 has potential to have a strong launch lineup, especially considering how much money Sony poured into developing new IPs this gen

Patryn

2015 is launch window for a console launching in Fall 2013? Seriously?

And I thought Nintendo's 6-month launch window was bad.

slider

Mm isn't going to be making LittleBig titles at all. They're moving on to new IP's. They have one team working on Tearaway while another works on a different title. If they're working on a MMO, then it isn't a LB_ title.

Noted; I'll go Google Tearaway now.

I guess my point was that the LBP "addendum" was just for digestibilty's sake. I'm still reading it as MM are working on an "MMO". Not that it really matters.

Cheers.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Sony should throw a little $ around and get the next Souls game exclusively. I'm sure Battlefield 4 will be a launch title as well. Ps4 has potential to have a strong launch lineup, especially considering how much money Sony poured into developing new IPs this gen

They already own the Demon's Souls IP, so they wouldn't really need to throw around cashmonies besides whipping one of their internal studios into making Demon's Souls: Die Harder.

kikonawa

Are litle big planet games selling actually? Maybe they should revamp it i dunno. Milking it aint helping it

Patryn

I think this year's VGAs may be interesting, because there should be some next-gen launch game teaser trailers, right?

Boerseun

Banned
What kind of games do you like?

Games that are fun.

Just about every product on this list is a sequel to a less than stellar game or, as in the case of RaD's product, a "story-driven, cinematic adventure". The only one that I can see being any good is The Witcher 3, but the proof is in the pudding, as they say.

Same here, sadly. I want to see creative titles like Tearaway and Puppeteer.

+1

Tearaway is from the Little Big Planet devs, if I remember correctly. Let's hope it gets the necessary polish before it ships, unlike LBP, which in my opinion was a great concept paired with terrible execution.

Noted; I'll go Google Tearaway now.

I guess my point was that the LBP "addendum" was just for digestibilty's sake. I'm still reading it as MM are working on an "MMO". Not that it really matters.

Cheers.

They're saying that it appears that Mm is making a MMO and then making the leap that it could be LittleBig related. They should have just said something like "MMO developed by LittleBigPlanet creator" instead of trying to attach an established IP to nearly every game.

slider

They're saying that it appears that Mm is making a MMO and then making the leap that it could be LittleBig related. They should have just said something like "MMO developed by LittleBigPlanet creator" instead of trying to attach an established IP to nearly every game.

Heh, you're smart enough to know how these things work! Digestibility for folk who... well, you know.

My original post was to say "take the MMO and ignore the LBP link". I didn't articulate it that well though.

On a tangent: thanks for bringing Tearaway to my attention.

Hindle

Banned
I think this year's VGAs may be interesting, because there should be some next-gen launch game teaser trailers, right?

I'd think so yea. Ive been thinking MS may even tease the console there, it would be a mother of all bombs to drop.

2013 launch of next gen is going to be a bit weird with a good amount of notable titles coming out in the fall of next year. I guess they would just do a port situation although I'm excited for what Killzone 4 will be as a game and technical showpiece.

Meelow

Banned
I'd think so yea. Ive been thinking MS may even tease the console there, it would be a mother of all bombs to drop.

Remember at Microsoft's CES 2012 conference were it seemed like Microsoft was hyping up something huge for the end and we all expected it to be the 720 and it ended up as Sesame Street Kinect lol, those were the days.

Dusky

What's even their state? Didn't they say "Hey, we're back" on the Wipeout website or something?

It was just to say that their Wipeout 2048 Facebook page was still alive (I think) and was totally blown out of proportion by fans thinking that the studio was still alive. Was pretty stupid though, getting our hopes up like that :(.

I imagine Wipeout has been handed over to Evolution, although I think Sony denied this. But you know how Sony are.

Sucker Punch is working on something, originally for PS3 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's been moved to PS4.

Didn't that turn out to be Infamous: FoB? What they are working on now is just "unknown", although they have tweeted a motion capture pic that may or may not be apart of their next project.

Dusky

That and probably another game from Naughty Dog, maybe a game from Sucker Punch, Santa Monica will probably not get a game out at launch as usual.

If the PS4 launches next year I doubt ND would ship two games in one year. I'm going to go with GT6 + Killzone 4/Guerilla new IP.

They already own the Demon's Souls IP, so they wouldn't really need to throw around cashmonies besides whipping one of their internal studios into making Demon's Souls: Die Harder.

Demon's Souls 2 developed by Santa Monica (or Guerrilla Games new studio) or by Japan Studio under the supervision of Allan Becker (founder of Santa Monica and head of Japan Studio from April 2011, Rain and Puppeteer were the first titles born under his management).

Radec

OPM forgot about The Last Guardian, Versus 13, and Agent.

Those wont probably wont be ready as launch titles though. lol

Top Bottom