• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Order & Chaos |OT| - Order

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OK this is a good place to start:

Server: Arcadian
Guild: NeoGAF

I am a Human Monk named 'jonbones'

Post your names and character class and Loper/Kung Foo Kid can add you to our guild.

I think the guild stuff is in the social panel. You might have to buy a charter or something from someone in that starting town. No clue.

Name: Adaryn
Class: Ranger

Ken

Name: Lucille
Warrior/Blacksmith

I've crafted some lvl 8 Bronze Gloves and Boots if any other warriors want them.

I chose the first server, whatever it's called.

Pastry

Banned
Name: Pastry

I'm a human monk add me and stuff. I'll be playing later tonight once NBA playoffs are done.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just bought this stupid game. My first MMO ever.

Whenever it installs, my name will be Dacvak.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm in Arcadia as Dacvak. Someone help me.

jon bones

OK we're all still getting used to the game - I'm still a few levels & 5 gold pieces short of starting a guild but it should be up and running by the end of the weekend.

I've added several of you as friends as well.

If people could edit their posts w/ their class type, that might be cool

Pastry

Banned
I'm not really sure which way to specialize as a monk, for now I'm probably going to go combat with a little healing and then respec later.

My biggest problem with the game right now and this is due to it being so new is how crowded the starting areas are. There are like 5 people fighting over each named mob. I wish if you were in a group each person could get the quest item from a mob but it doesnt look like it works that way.

edit: added everyone except Sinjin, for some reason it is telling me that character doesn't exist.

Carlisle

Added everyone as well except Sinjin for the same reasons Pastry listed.

I'm Carlisle in the game on Arcadian Forest. Warrior, lvl 6.

Ken

The game didn't have any pop-ups for me for new friends. Maybe both players need to add each other to get on the friends list?

Pastry

Banned
Ken said:
The game didn't have any pop-ups for me for new friends. Maybe both players need to add each other to get on the friends list?
I think you show up on their list when they add you and then you have to add them for them to show up for you.

defence
Arcadian server

Going for a human tank build, Diablo was taken so :p uk player using the american server as most friends are on there, lag is good.

*edit* my name is lowercase in case its not working for you.

Ken

Kung Foo Kid said:
I'm new to MMO's, how do you craft items like this?
One of the early quests gives you a crafting profession item that you can take to one of the NPCs of the chosen craft at level 8 to learn their craft. There's 3 crafting choices: blacksmith, tailor, and something else. Blacksmiths can create items that are usually heavy and for warriors. The other two create medium to light armor and weapons for the other classes, such as robes and rods I'm guessing. So right now as a blacksmith I am able to create bronze armor pieces which are pretty high in defense, and usually for warriors, as well as a bronze longsword. Not sure if you can change your profession later.

Once you've taken on a craft, you go into your Spells, and one of the side tabs will be for your crafting recipes. As a blacksmith I automatically knew how to make a bronze glove and a bronze shoe I think. To produce the item, you just click what item you want to make, and if you have the materials needed you can click the big Produce button for it. It seems you can craft anywhere and don't need to be at a crafting hall like in some other MMOs.

Each item crafted will award you with points for that craft. So for example, when I craft a bronze glove I will receive, say 8 points in blacksmithing. There's typically a positive correlation between amount of materials needed with points received. So my bronze glove that requires 10 bronze pieces will give out a lot less points than a bronze longsword that requires 20 bronze pieces. You use these points to purchase more advanced crafting recipes from your profession's NPC. Of course, starting out you might need to produce multiples of the same items before you are able to purchase your first new recipe.

Finally, each profession has different levels and by leveling up you'll be able to learn even more advanced recipes. Starting out, I'm a primary (beginner) blacksmith. However, if the leveling up system is what I think it is, once I reach a a number of lifetime cumulative points I will be able to level up to an intermediate blacksmith.

From my experiences with LotRO (Lord of the Rings Online), crafting is an optional experience. Some used it to craft armor for themselves and friends, and others used it to make money.

Ken said:
One of the early quests gives you a crafting profession item that you can take to one of the NPCs of the chosen craft at level 8 to learn their craft. There's 3 crafting choices: blacksmith, tailor, and something else. Blacksmiths can create items that are usually heavy and for warriors. The other two create medium to light armor and weapons for the other classes, such as robes and rods I'm guessing. So right now as a blacksmith I am able to create bronze armor pieces which are pretty high in defense, and usually for warriors, as well as a bronze longsword. Not sure if you can change your profession later.

Once you've taken on a craft, you go into your Spells, and one of the side tabs will be for your crafting recipes. As a blacksmith I automatically knew how to make a bronze glove and a bronze shoe I think. To produce the item, you just click what item you want to make, and if you have the materials needed you can click the big Produce button for it. It seems you can craft anywhere and don't need to be at a crafting hall like in some other MMOs.

Each item crafted will award you with points for that craft. So for example, when I craft a bronze glove I will receive, say 8 points in blacksmithing. There's typically a positive correlation between amount of materials needed with points received. So my bronze glove that requires 10 bronze pieces will give out a lot less points than a bronze longsword that requires 20 bronze pieces. You use these points to purchase more advanced crafting recipes from your profession's NPC. Of course, starting out you might need to produce multiples of the same items before you are able to purchase your first new recipe.

Finally, each profession has different levels and by leveling up you'll be able to learn even more advanced recipes. Starting out, I'm a primary (beginner) blacksmith. However, if the leveling up system is what I think it is, once I reach a a number of lifetime cumulative points I will be able to level up to an intermediate blacksmith.

From my experiences with LotRO (Lord of the Rings Online), crafting is an optional experience. Some used it to craft armor for themselves and friends, and others used it to make money.

Thanks, that clears a lot of things up.

Name: Loper
Orc Ranger

up to my current level of 13 most gear is easily obtained via quests, but I can see level 20+ being craft heavy for the better gear with stats and boosts.

Looking at the warrior skill trees you can really mix up your builds, make nearly any play style you want! apart from going full defensive I want to work on bleed damage and stuns, and I can do by just avoiding what I dislike. Really cool way to be unique.

Ken

Diablohead said:
Looking at the warrior skill trees you can really mix up your builds, make nearly any play style you want! apart from going full defensive I want to work on bleed damage and stuns, and I can do by just avoiding what I dislike. Really cool way to be unique.

Thought about trying this but by splitting points between the Battle and Guardian traits, the speed of advancing up either tree becomes slower.

Any updates on the creation of the GAF guild?

jon bones

I am still 5 levels away & 5 pieces of gold from being able to create a guild. If anyone is level 10 & has the gold, feel free to create the guild and post the details here.

what shall we name the group?

"neoGAF"?
"believe"?

There is a really cool thing you can do with this game to charge the battery, if you have a device that can multi-tab between apps then 'tab' out of the game, stick your ipod on your charger or station and give it half an hour, it will cool down and charge, tab back when done and it will sync you with the world in about 5 seconds and walla, back where you were without logging out or loading.

Done it twice now, been logged in for 6 or so hours :p

Pastry

Banned
I'll let you guys know if I find any good greens. Since we are forming a guild soon might as well start helping out. I'm currently a lvl 12 monk, liking the class a lot.

jon bones

Pastry said:
I'll let you guys know if I find any good greens. Since we are forming a guild soon might as well start helping out. I'm currently a lvl 12 monk, liking the class a lot.

good "greens"?

also, how are you speccing your monk? i'm thinking battle + light healing elements but i'm not sure yet

Pastry

Banned
jon bones said:
good "greens"?

also, how are you speccing your monk? i'm thinking battle + light healing elements but i'm not sure yet
Higher level green items, I think the rarity color scale is the same as WoW. I'm currently doing battle monk with a mix of healing but I'm experimenting more than anything.

Ken

Pastry said:

Here's some greens I have if anyone wants. Not sure how good they are though but it's free lol.

Shining Rapier of the Storm
One-Handed Sword
18-25 Damage, 11.9 DPS
+2 AGI +2 STA(mina)
Lvl 13, Warriors and Rangers

Iron Chopper of Attack
Main Hand Axe
20-30 Dmg, 12.5 DPS
Lvl 14 Warrior, Ranger
Increase Atk power by 7

Bone Staff x2
2H Staff
27-34 dmg, 9.5 dps
+5 STA +9 WIS
Lvl 20, Warrior, Mage, Monk

Deep Night Boots
26 Armor
+4 AGI +3 STA
Lvl 13 Warrior, Ranger

Deep Night Mitts of Attack
25 Armor
Lvl 14, Warrior, Ranger
Increase atk power by 12

Bronze Chain Mail
79 armor
+5 Str
Lvl 10, Warrior
Increase atk power by 9

Bronze Boots
49 armor
+5 Str
Lvl 9, Warrior

Light Bronze Chestplate
120 Armor
+5 STR +5 STA
Lvl 16 Warrior
Increase hit level by 6

yamo

Hongesa, lvl 6 orc mage on Arcadian... feel free to add me or invite me to the gaf guild if it's up yet

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Getting bored of my mage since I haven't met up with any GAFfers and I've been mostly solo'ing. That and it appears that an entire area's set of quest lines has gotten borked due to a bug.

So for now, I'm playing as a level 6 female Elven warrior named Firinelle. Still Order/Arcadian Forest.

Would love to join a GAF guild.

Pastry

Banned
Mejilan said:
Getting bored of my mage since I haven't met up with any GAFfers and I've been mostly solo'ing. That and it appears that an entire area's set of quest lines has gotten borked due to a bug.

So for now, I'm playing as a level 6 female Elven warrior named Firinelle. Still Order/Arcadian Forest.
What area is messed up?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The area you get directed to by Lord Glen after finishing up in Silence. I had two new quests in that area, and while in the middle of one of them (the one with the female spy), the game managed to somehow drop me out of the in-progress quest, eliminate both ongoing quests from my log, and leave me with an area full of NPCs that I can talk to, but offer up no new or continuing quests or referrals. :(

I was unable to do the lady spy quest due to her dissapearing after talking to her, if it's correct i still have no idea where to go, so I aborted it.

So far most quests are there to level you and nothing else, no opening up areas or unlocking more then just a few quests from the same npc, I don't mind it much but I think it could have been a lot better. You have to do them anyway as grinding is slow to level with.

There are pvp arenas in the main town but I never tried one, the town is dead too due to lack of teleporters to get there and that no one wants to run for 5 minutes to get there if not longer if high level and somewhere far away, teleporters also cost a bit in later areas.

I hope that gameloft can do something about that.

Ken

Is there a way to give other players money? Maybe we could all contribute some to get the guild started faster?

Pastry

Banned
Diablohead said:
I was unable to do the lady spy quest due to her dissapearing after talking to her, if it's correct i still have no idea where to go, so I aborted it.

So far most quests are there to level you and nothing else, no opening up areas or unlocking more then just a few quests from the same npc, I don't mind it much but I think it could have been a lot better. You have to do them anyway as grinding is slow to level with.

There are pvp arenas in the main town but I never tried one, the town is dead too due to lack of teleporters to get there and that no one wants to run for 5 minutes to get there if not longer if high level and somewhere far away, teleporters also cost a bit in later areas.

I hope that gameloft can do something about that.
Yeah I was surprised that such a large town has no transporter and is empty. Silence seems to have taken over as the main town.

Pastry

Banned
Just discovered an awesome tip. You can put skills on the item bar to the right just like you can the skill bar. That means you can have 10 skills out at once plus the skill bar. Makes the controls waaaaaaayyyy easier.

Top Bottom