• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin $20 off coupon [Expired - EA states they're honoring games]

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Funny thing is I never filled out a survey

I clicked on the file, started in the process of doing it

Just cancelled it due to it being slow to load

Heh!

darn :/
i said no. changing it to YES right now.

Origin, send a survey plz

And now they gotcha ; )

And people said the free games were an accident. Now everybody has enabled Origin to send them store promo emails and keep the client open while playing games and see even more store promos.

Outside of BF3 and ME3, Origin has been a complete bomb. Then this happens, and keeps happening for 3 days. This was no accident. Just the fact that they even intended to give away 1 free 20 dollar game says everything.

neoanarch

EA has two faces sometimes. I never really understood the hate for Origin. Its useless except as a download manager. But pretty benign overall.

Got Kingdom of Amalur, Bulletstorm and Shank.

LQX

And now they gotcha ; )

And people said the free games were an accident. Now everybody has enabled Origin to send them store promo emails and keep the client open while playing games and see even more store promos.

Outside of BF3 and ME3, Origin has been a complete bomb. Then this happens, and keeps happening for 3 days. This was no accident. Just the fact that they even intended to give away 1 free 20 dollar game says everything.

Does it matter? People got a a bunch of free games for nothing.

Tellaerin

Considered getting KoA with my code, but in the end I ended up grabbing C&C: Red Alert 3, The Saboteur, and NFS: Undercover. Can't really complain.

wilflare

And now they gotcha ; )

haha their incoming emails can always be filtered

Got the please accept our apologies email. Used the coupon for Crysis. EA should do this more often. I took the survey and still got free games. :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Got the email, just because I clicked the survey link after the whole ordeal was finished. Picked up Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Thanks again, EA! Your apology is just lovely.

Tellaerin

Did EA just make the same mistake twice? Or am I missing something here?

They sent new codes out by email to the people who completed the survey. You're able to stack the new code with a promo offer that someone linked to in the thread, so you can get a few games with that second $20 credit.

They sent new codes out by email to the people who completed the survey. You're able to stack the new code with a promo offer that someone linked to in the thread, so you can get a few games with that second $20 credit.
Thanks for the explanation, I wonder how long it'll take them to fix this, if at all.

Pikma

Banned
The only thing that needs to be fixed here is my lack of a coupon so I can get Sims 3.
Fuck you EA, worst company in America, ever.

Sajjaja

The only thing that needs to be fixed here is my lack of a coupon so I can get Sims 3.
Fuck you EA, worst company in America, ever.

Yeah.... even worse than Bank of America who bankrupted and ruined the lives of thousands upon thousands of citizens and caused a recession.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Anyone have missing games on their list? The two I got with my code (the one they emailed) aren't on My Games list.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It seems that my payment information wasn't correct (what?*) so they went ahead and canceled the order. The person I IM'd said that he would elevate my case, but I haven't even received an email.

*Because it was $0, there was no real option for payment. I think they're just BS'ing me. I guess I won't play Kingdoms of Amalur now.

Top Bottom