• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there specific rules regarding OT titles? I started working on the Uncharted Collection OT and the title seems a little redundant. A lot of people like "The Master Thief Collection" title but it looks weird (to me anyways).
Would it be okay to take out "The Nathan Drake Collection" and have it titled as posted below, or do I have to leave it because it's the actual game title?
Or would I have to change the subtitle to something like "The Master Thief Collection We've Always Wanted...."

I did read the rules for OTs in this thread but there's nothing about what it has to be exactly unless I misread or overlooked something.

If all else fails, just go for "Uncharted: TNDC |OT| The Master Thief Collection".

Question. How large do people normally make their OT banners? I found a nice logo, but I think it would be too large for viewing.

Width-wise I always tried keeping it below 1000 pixels.

TheMoon

Question. How large do people normally make their OT banners? I found a nice logo, but I think it would be too large for viewing.

Mine are always 900px or 800px wide. Mostly because I forget which one is actually right and I just wing it lol

So are Angry Joe threads not allowed anymore or does an |OT| need to be made if people want to discuss his videos.

I was under the impression that when the Witcher 3 review thread was locked that YT celebrity videos were a no-no now.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So are Angry Joe threads not allowed anymore or does an |OT| need to be made if people want to discuss his videos.

I was under the impression that when the Witcher 3 review thread was locked that YT celebrity videos were a no-no now.

You might want to contact a mod about that, if possible the one who locked the thread unless its mod bot. Since us fellow members here have no real say on what is / is not allowed for OTs in these types of situations.

Just looked up the post by Modbot, so think this might be an answer then...

We do not need individual threads for reviews from Youtube celebrities. We also don't appreciate people making threads for videos which they have not watched themselves.

So with that it does sound like they do not want separate threads from "Youtube celebrities".

So with that it does sound like they do not want separate threads from "Youtube celebrities".
I think someone still needs to clarify that wording. It certainly seemed excessive to get a new thread everytime AngryJoe reviews something. Especially considering we had a review thread. It should go in that thread, and it's Joe's fault for being two weeks late. But given that other podcasts and shows get their own OTs, maybe we can have an AngryJoe OT just to talk about his reviews and streams and new stuff.

Worth asking.

You might want to contact a mod about that, if possible the one who locked the thread unless its mod bot. Since us fellow members here have no real say on what is / is not allowed for OTs in these types of situations.

Just looked up the post by Modbot, so think this might be an answer then...

Ah, I was unaware if mods check this thread or not.

BTW if mods do check this thread... If we lose individual Angry Joe threads than "Teens React" needs to go down with it :p

Nemesis_

laptop ready to be picked up tomorrow now -_-

Hopefully they're not lying like last time but yeah, thread sholuld be getting updated properly then

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
laptop ready to be picked up tomorrow now -_-

Hopefully they're not lying like last time but yeah, thread sholuld be getting updated properly then

Thank you for the heads up Nemesis_! and do hope your laptop will be in working order. D:

BTA

Can I reserve an OT for a game that came out a week ago, given that no one has and I'd post it in the next day or so? It'd be a shame if there wasn't a good place to discuss it.

This Starry Midnight We Make by BTA (8th June 2015)

EDIT: Revoked as I'm still a junior somehow, oops. Didn't think that through.

Volotaire

Can I reserve an OT for a game that came out a week ago, given that no one has and I'd post it in the next day or so? It'd be a shame if there wasn't a good place to discuss it.

This Starry Midnight We Make by BTA (8th June 2015)

Because you are a junior member (under 300 posts and having the account activated within 3 months lifespan) you won't be able to post threads for the moment until you meet these requirements and become a member. As for reserving threads in anticipation when you become a full member, I'm unsure if you can do this.

BTA

Because you are a junior member (under 300 posts and having the account activated within 3 months lifespan) you won't be able to post threads for the moment until you meet these requirements and become a member. As for reserving threads in anticipation when you become a full member, I'm unsure if you can do this.

Oops, forgot about junior member restrictions. Thanks for the heads up!

Volotaire

For posters making E3 threads, Cheesemeister updated his E3 timetable picture:

e3_2015.png

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have someone covering all of these for sure?
Nirolak will likely do the thread for EA's press conference, BY2K will likely handle the one for Nintendo's Digital Event. Don't know if Lavalamp1138, Relix and ULTROS! again will do the ones for Ubisoft, Microsoft and Sony respectively. We'll see how this develops over the week.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I can still opt for the Sony one, though I might post it much more ahead of time since I'll be on a trip.

Eggbok

I don't think there is a set rule about this (?) but in this case, I think it's more than fine. When you use that title, everyone knows it is the Uncharted collection on PS4. No doubt about it. Looks better too.

I mean, there's a pretty big difference between your title and someone calling the next Assassin's Creed OT -> Tower Simulator |OT| Made by Ubisoft :p

Yeah haha that's why I was thinking too, it just feels right.

If all else fails, just go for "Uncharted: TNDC |OT| The Master Thief Collection".

If UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection can't be used this was definitely my second choice.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst by Eggbok (6th May 2015)

The release window is Q1 2016 and that's definitely under a year. I imagine we could possibly get a release date @ E3 as well.

Updated my post for Mirror's Edge since the new title has been released.

Rhythm Tengoku The Best+ is releasing this week in JP and the guy who claimed the import OT seems to be banned. Not sure if he/she's returning in time.

Just a heads-up if someone wants to fill in. I'm too busy, unfortunately, but I would love to do the OT if the game gets localised. Will do the reservation once/if that happens.

We're under a day from release and the original poster is still banned, so I guess I'll decidedly throw my name in:

Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+ (Import) by The Bankslammer (9th June 2015)

Horohoro

Yeah haha that's why I was thinking too, it just feels right.

If UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection can't be used this was definitely my second choice.

Updated my post for Mirror's Edge since the new title has been released.

Ahhhh nuts if you choose not to do Mirror's Edge Catalyst I want it... Put over 1000hrs into it last gen :D

MRORANGE

I don't think anyone I know off has claimed it, but I would love to do the PC GAMING SHOW E3 thread.

I guess I contact a mod in this situation?

Volotaire

I don't think anyone I know off has claimed it, but I would love to do the PC GAMING SHOW E3 thread.

I guess I contact a mod in this situation?

I guess you could contact a mod to ask if you can create it (I don't see no reason why it would be disallowed) and then ask in the PC gaming conference thread if anyone's creating it.

cj_iwakura

I don't think there's a formal need to claim this, since I'm putting it up later tonight, but I plan on doing a 10th anniversary thread for Killer7, just putting that out there.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I can still opt for the Sony one, though I might post it much more ahead of time since I'll be on a trip.

You can make it a few hours earlier and ask a mod to lock it up or hide it. I'll be doing Microsoft's . If someone wants to make a nice pretty header for the thread that'd be cool, my OTs are always plain :p

Dinjooh

You can make it a few hours earlier and ask a mod to lock it up or hide it. I'll be doing Microsoft's . If someone wants to make a nice pretty header for the thread that'd be cool, my OTs are always plain :p

Any kind of theme/mood you're going for?

Nemesis_

Okay so I've done my best to update this (and it's a pain on a tablet) so for now I think I got everything, even if it took me twice as long ._.

Thanks to everyone who uses the formatting. It helps so so much.

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

With most of the work done I'll move things around to accomodate date announcements etc tomorrow night.

Cheers guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom