• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paintings in video games

Cool thread. Found this Bioshock one on another site

Fl68e.jpg

Came to post these. I love these ones so much. I would pay obscene amounts of money for canvas prints of them.

aett

In Mega Man Legends 2, Tiesel Bonne has a painting in his ship which appears to be of him as a boy with his parents. The lame part is that I just accidentally deleted the image I saved of that the other day. :/

List of games with "into the painting" levels that i can think of:
Dark Souls
Super Mario
Oblivion
Kingdom Hearts 2
Castlevanias

Ithil

Eternal Darkness had some good ones in the Roivas Mansion. They would change as your sanity dropped, too, like one of a picturesque landscape would start to morph into a hellish wasteland as you got more insane.

Resident Evil 1's mansion has great pictures. I would examine every last one of them. Some were creepy, some beautiful and peaceful and others just plain weird, but all fit the tone of the game.

olore

Undying came to mind first, especially
the one which gets painted in real time when you are looking at it

The paintings in the hall way just before you enter Phantom Ganon's room are awesome. So creepy. Your mind starts to recognise shapes within them, and you catch a fleeting glimpse of what the picture might be...

Platy

Sad that Mario 64 appears only on the half of the second page =(

And talking about N64 games ...

rNzY2.jpg

tlIn0.jpg

and appears that they changed it in the 3ds
ODnx9.jpg

verdures

Awesome thread.

The paintings of the serial killer in Still Life:
gOciW.jpg

Not super cool or anything, but the fact that they're done by the killer you're trying to catch makes the painting/artwork in the game a little more interesting thematically.

gunbo13

Huh, I would've though the FF8 art gallery puzzle would've been posted. I don't think I saw it...

Art Gallery
4ksmK.jpg

IGNUS (Fire)
w58lm.jpg

INANDANTIA (Flood)
K7bln.jpg

IUDICIUM (Judgement)
C1EG6.jpg

INTERVIGILIUM (Sleep)
hJFZX.jpg

INAUDAX (Cowardice)
1k3R6.jpg

XYSTUS (Tree-lined Road)
jDrsk.jpg

XERAMPELINAE (Red Clothes)
Xu5zn.jpg

XIPHIAS (Swordfish)
bzF3C.jpg

VENUS (Love)
aLDwn.jpg

VIATOR (Messenger)
HLf7e.jpg

VIGIL (Watchman)
1ZsLr.jpg

VIVIDARIUM (Garden)
cbJQQ.jpg

VIVIDARIUM ET INTERVIGILIUM ET VIATOR (In the Garden Sleeps a Messenger)
Bj5Pj.jpg

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Courtesy:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Art_Gallery

Neiteio

Is this in the original Bioshock? Where is this at, I don't recall ever seeing that.
BioShock 2. It implies some splicers worshipped the legend of Jack from the first game, turning him into a messiah figure. There's also a landscape painting of the sinking airplane in flames by the lighthouse, iirc. If you think about it, he pretty much did descend from heaven to overthrow the devil figure (both of them) and liberate the innocent children (or maybe you killed the Little Sisters, you bastard).

Jintor

Someone must have already posted that really great Vampire Bloodlines one in Therese/Jeanette's flat, because a quick image search linked me back to this thread

Lime

I loved the board game paintings in the Witcher. Sometimes I just played those board games for their aesthetics and atmosphere.

Top Bottom