• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 11, 2017

barit

Can someone please stop GTA5. It's just crazy. Game is gonna be in the Top 10 of 2017 like the last 4 years right?

kinda crazy that ghost recon outsold Mass Effect...........here's a lesson to publishers...

don't release unfinished buggy games thinking that brand name alone can sell your games...

My two cents:

To debut below ME2/3 is a big disappointment in my opinion.

Reason for it is because ME2/3, imo, never achieved their full sales potential that it could had been if it was a traditional EA multi-plat franchise from day one.

Due to the fact that ME1 was a 360-exclusive for a looong time & ME2 was timed-exclusive, the audience on the PS3 for ME1/2/3 was never as established. Anecdotal sales data and comments from EA also suggest PS3 versions of ME sold poorly compared to the 360, which is normal for late ports and games that skipped audiences.

Andromeda had a huge potential to reset that situation by being a new starting point for the franchise, essentially extending the reach of the franchise above the glass ceiling of ME1/2/3, due to the 360-exclusivity situation.

Personally, I would had said that Andromeda to be considered successful, should outsell the best selling ME by at least 20%.

Rymuth

As a reference

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19907572&postcount=48

ME2 released on January 29th, 2010; this means that the monthly charts should just count ME2's first week.
Cheers!
Actually it is both: both the 3rd biggest launch of the week and the third biggest launch in the ME franchise.
I feel using 'third biggest' is such a weird label to use for a franchise with four entries. Like, I get it with over 10 entries but with 4, it just seems off

Can someone please stop GTA5. It's just crazy. Game is gonna be in the Top 10 of 2017 like the last 4 years right?

You do realise that the only person that can stop GTA5 is him, right?

gta6logo_thumb800.png

Zedark

What is also interesting I think is that the article says that BOTW sales have risen since last week, which may suggest UK has had an increase in Switch sales as well.

What is also interesting I think is that the article says that BOTW sales have risen since last week, which may suggest UK has had an increase in Switch sales as well.

Seems likely seeing as most places had restocks this week. Suspect Zelda sales will be almost in line with Switch sales until Mario Kart hits. (Even then i expect it to be high)

kinda crazy that ghost recon outsold Mass Effect...........here's a lesson to publishers...

don't release unfinished buggy games thinking that brand name alone can sell your games...

I don't think I'll ever underestimate the sales potential for another Tom Clancy game again, regardless of how unappealing it may look.

Digital sales may be a bigger factor this gen.

They obviously are - if we assume 30% digital on 90k sales then you're looking at up to 129k total in the UK. Maybe add, say, an extra 15k for digital PC sales, then round it up to 150k total for good measure. I'd say this is all very generous though, and it assumes Andromeda sold just below ME2's 90k.

NHale

I don't think I'll ever underestimate the sales potential for another Tom Clancy game again, regardless of how unappealing it may look.

They obviously are - if we assume 30% digital on 90k sales then you're looking at up to 129k total in the UK. Maybe add, say, an extra 15k for digital PC sales, then round it up to 150k total for good measure. I'd say this is all very generous though, and it assumes Andromeda sold just below ME2's 90k.

I doubt digital sales in the UK are 30% of total sales considering the game is £54.99 on the store and £39.99 at retail.

There's no way digital sales account for 30% in the UK.

Tom Clancy Presents: Pakistan Cricket Championship 2018. No.1 at chartz...

LMAO.

Jumeira

Banned
Lukewarm reception to ME:A it seems. Kind of upset with how things turned out for my favourite franchise of last gen, i'll pick it up on EA access once its available but im not paying full price for it. Painful to see it move away from ME and closer to DA:I

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
From GameIndustry.biz

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...a-tops-uk-charts-but-cant-match-mass-effect-3

Speaking of Zelda, that game enjoyed a 50% sales increase as some Nintendo Switch units begin to trickle their way back into retailers, while there were sales increase for FIFA 17, Rocket League, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Forza Horizon 3.

There was also a significant rise for Halo Wars 2. Microsoft's game just misses out on the Top Ten at No.11, boosted by some price cutting at retail. Sales for the RTS game increased by 129% last week.

No.2 in the charts is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, which suffered a 47% sales drop. Warner Bros's LEGO Worlds is down at No.3 with a small 29% sales dip, while Horizon: Zero Dawn drops to No.4 with a 23% decline.

sirronoh

just saw this on twitter..

SP1mDxS.jpg

shows the split for all the games..

Fascinating. If true, this would suggest that even after all the amazing and numerous games that just released on PS4, a significant number of PS4 owners still came out to support ME:A at a higher rate than Xbox.

I have no real evidence to support this but I've always thought that the Playstation fanbase was far more diverse than Xbox. And all I mean by this is that just because a ton of critically acclaimed games came out for PS4 in Q1, that doesn't mean that the fanbase is all playing the same thing, at least to the point where these games are impacting sales of newly released games.

What made me start thinking about this is the fact that Uncharted 4 sold some 8 million copies worldwide but that's less than 20% of the total PS4 console install base (57m).

Top Bottom