• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 23, 2016

OléGunner;206707809 said:
It's impressive in the sense that UC4 has had tons of major competition since launch.
Still hanging around the top 3-4 as an exclusive for a while now is positive.

Was always gonna be a front loaded game in any case but I can see it being a chart mainstay for a while.

Tons of major competition?

I count DOOM and Overwatch. What am I missing?

spwolf

Ok, again. WHERE are those impressive legs?????

2 week drop: -78%
3 week drop: -37%
4 week drop: -27%
5 week drop: -44%

Now, can you guys seriuslly call it legs "impressive"?

If is first or second or third means nothing, really, i don't think you guys understand what "legs" mean.

lol. It is selling better than other (big) games that came after it, that did not have anywhere as good 1st week sales. So yes, thats a meaning for "having legs".

jdstorm

Banned
The budget just means they spent too much on it, while being published by EA means fuck all when they also publish games like Unravel.

The first game was a cult classic, pretty much the epitome of niche interest gaming, and this second attempt is just the same, but without the benefit of being something original.

That doesn't make it a bad game, just hardly surprising it sold such low numbers, especially with fuck all marketing behind it, not that that would have suddenly given it mass appeal anyway.

Not actual evidence but today I walked into an EB Games (GameStop) hoping to buy Mirrors Edge and they didn't have a copy anywhere. Not on a shelf, no posters ect and I had a good look. I decided not to buy ask the staff because it was busy.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
lol. It is selling better than other (big) games that came after it, that did not have anywhere as good 1st week sales. So yes, thats a meaning for "having legs".

You have no idea of what "having legs" mean, do you?

First, conbined all format Uncharted is 4, not first, and second, again, legs mean a title that is selling amazing after many weeks, months, or even years.

We have just saw 5 weeks for Uncharted 4, and what we saw is that the game sold almost 200K first week, but total lifetime sales are still under 300K.

The game cobtinue to drop and drop EVERY weeks, this week in particular is barely half of last week.

Those aren't good legs lol.

This doesn't mean the sales aren't impressive, the game has sold amazing and all, you guys are just wrong to say it has impressive legs. Let's be honest please.

The legs itself seem pretty good for a high profile title that debuted far higher than most. Outside of the first to second week drop, percentage drops have been pretty good IMO and doesn't have the holidays to keep a steady base of sales. It'll bottom out in a couple weeks and probably will stick around partly due to bundles.

Seems like Euro Cup is going to play an impact on sales.

xrnzaaas

Homefront is falling quickly. Is this franchise finished?

It was already dead. Deep Silver probably didn't want to lose all the money by not releasing it.

As for the charts, pretty bad result for ME, but to be fair it wasn't heavily promoted for a non-indie game.

Kill3r7

It was already dead. Deep Silver probably didn't want to lose all the money by not releasing it.

As for the charts, pretty bad result for ME, but to be fair it wasn't heavily promoted for a non-indie game.

To be fair ME is not really a game that appeals to the masses. So I am not sure if advertising would have made much of a difference.

Italy:
Top 10 console
01. Uncharted 4: Fine di un Ladro (PS4, Sony)
02. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Rockstar)
03. One Piece: Burning Blood (PS4, Bandai Namco)
04. Overwatch (PS4, Blizzard)
05. Uncharted 4: Fine di un Ladro Special Edition (PS4, Sony)
06. Ratchet & Clank (PS4, Sony)
07. Yo-Kai Watch (3DS, Nintendo=
08. FIFA 16 (PS4, EA)
09. Minecraft (PS4, Sony)
10. FIFA 16 (PS3, EA)

Top 10 PC
01. Overwatch (Blizzard)
02. The Sims 4 (EA)
03. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
04. Total War: Warhammer (SEGA)
05. DOOM (Bethesda)
06. FIFA 16 (EA)
07. Total War: Warhammer Limited Edition (SEGA)
08. Football Manager 2016 Limited Edition (SEGA)
09. The Sims 4 Limited Edition (EA)
10. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Essentials (Bandai Namco)

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/16971...harted-4-fine-di-un-ladro-torna-in-testa.html

Alo0oy

Banned
You have no idea of what "having legs" mean, do you?

First, conbined all format Uncharted is 4, not first, and second, again, legs mean a title that is selling amazing after many weeks, months, or even years.

We have just saw 5 weeks for Uncharted 4, and what we saw is that the game sold almost 200K first week, but total lifetime sales are still under 300K.

The game cobtinue to drop and drop EVERY weeks, this week in particular is barely half of last week.

Those aren't good legs lol.

This doesn't mean the sales aren't impressive, the game has sold amazing and all, you guys are just wrong to say it has impressive legs. Let's be honest please.

No need to be upset about it Ryng lol.

Uncharted 4's current performance is exactly how a game with legs performs, having legs doesn't mean not dropping at all, it means high units of sales even weeks after launch, the drop percentage doesn't matter because its first week was higher than 95% of other games out there.

A game with no legs gets the vast majority of its sales in its first week, while UC4 should double its first week sales by the end of the Summer most likely. And way more than that after the holiday season.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
No need to be upset about it Ryng lol.

Uncharted 4's current performance is exactly how a game with legs performs, having legs doesn't mean not dropping at all, it means high units of sales even weeks after launch, the drop percentage doesn't matter because its first week was higher than 95% of other games out there.

A game with no legs gets the vast majority of its sales in its first week, while UC4 should double its first week sales by the end of the Summer most likely. And way more than that after the holiday season.

WTF, so even if so far Uncharted 4 dropped by a good margin every week you are saying those guys who believe the legs are "impressive" (not even great, good, or not bad, but IMPRESSIVE) are right?

Come on Alo0oy you are usually better than this.

Alo0oy

Banned
WTF, so even if so far Uncharted 4 dropped by a good margin every week you are saying those guys who believe the legs are "impressive" (not even great, good, or not bad, but IMPRESSIVE) are right?

Come on Alo0oy you are usually better than this.

It sold about ~100k outside of its launch week, maybe people are overreacting with all the "impressive legs" posts, but saying 100k outside of launch week is bad is overreacting as well.

And that ~100k is nowhere near where its gonna stop, I presume.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
It sold about ~100k outside of its launch week, maybe people are overreacting with all the "impressive legs" posts, but saying 100k outside of launch week is bad is overreacting as well.

And that ~100k is nowhere near where its gonna stop, I presume.

Where i said the legs are bad. WHERE i said the legs are bad.

I said those legs so far looks about right for a game like Uncharted. There is nothing to say more, expecially since i'm not "predict" what legs WILL BE, but what legs loosk so far.

Dropping by 20 to 40% every week definitively is not even close to say "impressive".

chadskin

German charts for May (PC + consoles): http://www.bild.de/spiele/spiele-ch...e-fuer-pc-playstation-xbox-44941444.bild.html

1. (neu) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. (neu) Doom
3. (neu) Overwatch
4. (neu) Fire Emblem Fates
5. (6.) Fifa 16
6. (5.) GTA V
7. (4.) Call of Duty: Black Ops III
8. (2.) Tom Clancy's The Division
9. (8.) Far Cry Primal
10. (neu) Total War: Warhammer
11. (neu) Battleborn
12. (neu) Homefront: The Revolution
13. (15.) Uefa Euro 2016
14. (17.) Fallout 4
15. (neu) Yo-Kai Watch
16. (9.) Minecraft
17. (1.) Dark Souls 3
18. (13.) Star Wars Battlefront
19. (neu) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
20. (16.) Battlefield 4

Seems to be the new format. Not sure if they're still going to do the sales awards.

edit: Ah, nevermind, was posted in the other thread already. :)

noobie

Banned
German charts for May (PC + consoles): http://www.bild.de/spiele/spiele-ch...e-fuer-pc-playstation-xbox-44941444.bild.html

1. (neu) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. (neu) Doom
3. (neu) Overwatch
4. (neu) Fire Emblem Fates
5. (6.) Fifa 16
6. (5.) GTA V
7. (4.) Call of Duty: Black Ops III
8. (2.) Tom Clancy's The Division
9. (8.) Far Cry Primal
10. (neu) Total War: Warhammer
11. (neu) Battleborn
12. (neu) Homefront: The Revolution
13. (15.) Uefa Euro 2016
14. (17.) Fallout 4
15. (neu) Yo-Kai Watch
16. (9.) Minecraft
17. (1.) Dark Souls 3
18. (13.) Star Wars Battlefront
19. (neu) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
20. (16.) Battlefield 4

Seems to be the new format. Not sure if they're still going to do the sales awards.

edit: Ah, nevermind, was posted in the other thread already. :)

Where are the latest sales award posted?

Bruno MB

[Week 46, 2008] 20 (NE) MIRROR'S EDGE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) -

[Week 10, 2009] __ (__) MIRROR'S EDGE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 3,481 / 258,984

[Week 23, 2016] __ (__) MIRROR'S EDGE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) > 432,000 LTD

I fixed some mistakes because I mistakenly read months instead of weeks.

The original ‘Mirror’s Edge’ was released on previous generation consoles PS3/360 back in week 46, 2008 and was something of a sleeper hit, having sold through only 60% of lifetime sales after 12 weeks (most major titles are usually north of 80% over the same number of weeks).

[Week 46, 2008] 20 (NE) MIRROR'S EDGE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) -

[Week 10, 2009] __ (__) MIRROR'S EDGE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 3,481 / 258,984 (LTD after 17 weeks excluding PC SKU, so I guesstimate around 230,000-240,000 for its first 12 weeks)

[Week 23, 2016] __ (__) MIRROR'S EDGE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) ~ 400,000 LTD (Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)

Ryng_tolu

Banned
German BIU Sales Awards for May:
Multiplattform Award (> 1M, multiple platforms):
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- FIFA 16

...Are you sure those game surpassed one million ONLY this month? Cause this looks really low, in France only in 2015 Black Ops 3 sold 1.08 million, and FIFA 1.27 million.

Btw, what means "multiple platform"?

Only next gen console or really really all platform ( aka PS4; XBO; PS3; 360; PC)

EDIT: Just looked at some SW sales, FIFA 16 sold 1.2 million in Germany only in 2015.

chadskin

...Are you sure those game surpassed one million ONLY this month? Cause this looks really low, in France only in 2015 Black Ops 3 sold 1.08 million, and FIFA 1.27 million.

Btw, what means "multiple platform"?

Only next gen console or really really all platform ( aka PS4; XBO; PS3; 360; PC)

That's what they say.

They don't define which platforms they speak of, just "multiple platforms". I presume that literally means all platforms the game is being sold for.

For reference:
- BlOps 3 sold >500K on multiple platforms and >200K on PS4 in November 2015.
- FIFA 16 sold >500K on multiple platforms, >200K on PS4 and >100K on PS3 in September 2015.

tolkir

Spain:
Week (Jun 06-Jun 12) - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (02) 3DS Yo-kai Watch (>5.000 / >40.000)
02 (01) PS4 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (4.700 / >100.000)
03 (--) 3DS Kirby Planet Robobot (>4.600 / NEW)
04 (03) PS4 Overwatch (~3.400)
05 (10) PS4 Grand Theft Auto V (~3.200)

LTD Combined:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (>250.000)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (140.000)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (120.000)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 (75.000)

88015fff222e7946b47799ee7ad831de0fff23976cc1006c8de6ea588dcf4f56.png

Loudninja

It jumps two places from No3 to No1 with retailer promotions pushing the ASP down by £5 to £31.20. Sales of ‘Doom’ are up 57% on last week giving Bethesda their first All Formats No1 since ‘Fallout 4’ and developer ID Software their first No1 since ‘Doom 3’ on PC topped the All Formats Chart in W34 2004. ‘Overwatch’ drops to No2 with sales down by 24%, remaining ahead of ‘Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End’ (+1%) which climbs one place to No3. Older titles ‘FIFA 16’ (+21%) and ‘GTA V’ (+20%) still prove popular, also rising by one place to No’s 4 and 5 respectively. ‘Mirror’s Edge Catalyst’ (-62%) slips from No2 to No6, while retailer promotions boosts ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops III’ (+52%) back in to the Top 10, up from No12 to No7. As Euro 2016 is now well under way, Konami’s updated Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (+24%) title on PS4 and PS3 enjoys a 24% sales increase, although is a non-mover at No8. More promotions guide ‘Star War Battlefront’ (+63%) back in to the Top 10, up 7 places to No9. ‘Lego Marvel Avengers’ (+4%) rounds off the Top 10 at No10, while ‘MotoGP 16: Valentino Rossi’ is the only new title to break in to the Top 40, new at
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=2442&s=1111

Top Bottom