• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 30, 2014

Chobel

Germany (through June):

Hardware LTDs:
PS4: 540,000
XB1: 170,000

PS3: 4,200,000
360: ~2,100,000

Software YTD:

1: Watchdogs (€18m)

Publisher Market Share:

1: Electronic Arts (16.7%)
2: Nintendo (13.2%)
3: Ubisoft (13.1%)

40% market share indeed...

Germany (through June):

Hardware LTDs:
PS4: 540,000
XB1: 170,000

PS3: 4,200,000
360: ~2,100,000

Software YTD:

1: Watchdogs (€18m)

Publisher Market Share:

1: Electronic Arts (16.7%)
2: Nintendo (13.2%)
3: Ubisoft (13.1%)

OMG new PAL HW numbers

IaLG69W.gif

--------------------------------------

Also

US XB1 2013 YTD = 1817k, ~ 62% of total LTD
US XB1 2014 YTD = 1099k, ~ 38% of total LTD

German XB1 2013 YTD = 100k, ~ 59% of total LTD
German XB1 2014 YTD = 70k, ~ 41% of total LTD

XB1 sales were less front-loaded in Germany compared to the US?
lol I'm probably kidding

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
These German Xbox One numbers are probably boosted by sales to countries where it hasn't launched yet, like Sweden, Switzerland or the Netherlands. You can get one for 370€ from Amazon, that tells you a lot about the situation.
Not to mention that the PS4 was sold out until relatively recently.

Wow 3:1 in a huge market like Germany.

I actually expect that to level out to 4:1 in PS4s favour going forward as a big chunk of those sales were the Xbox hardcore in a land that is much more Playstation-friendly.

Welfare

So then, should we expect other countries LTD's soon?

That gap between PS4 and XBO is actually smaller than what I thought. Was assuming 560k/140k.

So then, should we expect other countries LTD's soon?

That gap between PS4 and XBO is actually smaller than what I thought. Was assuming 560k/140k.

Well as some others have mentioned there are a couple factors that might be in play. PS4 was supply-constrained the most it would seem in Germany and gray market XB1's have to come from somewhere. With German sales not being particularly noteworthy I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those gray market XB1's originated in Germany

zsidane

Why people care about ''factors'' ^?

These are the numbers.

As someone with economics background, numbers without context, "factors" and other elements surrounding them mean absolutely nothing for me (and I'm not alone :) ).

It's like saying a mobile operator saw it's subscribers number growing 30% YoY. It's says nothing if you don't know things like how many operators are there in the market, what's the market share of the operator, for how long has the operating been in the market, how many mobile phone users are there in the market, is the market seen as a mature one?

Looking for "factors" doesn't mean someone's trying to diminish the performance or make the numbers look bad... It just mean you're trying to figure out what made these numbers and is it sustainable? Can it be reproduced? Can you do better? Are you on the right path?

Foshy

I don't think TLoU:R will have a massive first week, partly because it's being released in a period where lots of people are on summer holidays. Might cause it to have better legs though if those people buy it when they come back home (like I'll be doing)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Maybe for Tier 2 launch Microsoft can throw in two FIFAs, both Forzas, EA access, Battlefield, a date with Andrew Miller, and three bratwursts.

Kayant

What numbers are we expecting tomorrow and is there a chance we'll see the PS3 version reappear in the charts?

oLA7v9m.png

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_h__12

This is for last week beginning on Monday -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014-07-28/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

What happened to Destiny PS4 specifically pre-orders look like they dropped off a cliff compared to their normal rankings (1 or 2), saturation on the site until near release?

Seems like it although the overall pre-order gap is this there. 12 for PS4 27 for XB1 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

Guessing with MS pushing destiny here at least on the X360 dashboard/store and the beta getting open more people came into the party compared to with PS4 where it has been pushed for longer/alpha maybe?

Raist

Banned
Charts up.

‘The Last of Us: Remastered’ brings the critically acclaimed title to PS4 this week.

It debuts at the top of the All Formats Chart just like the PS3 original did over a year ago. It also becomes the 5th biggest launch of the year so far and the 4th biggest PS4 launch ever, sitting just behind ‘Infamous: Second Son’. Last week’s No1 ‘Watch Dogs’ (+3%) has to settle for 2nd place and ‘FIFA 14’ (+12%) also drops one place, down to No3. However, with the school holidays now in full swing, sales of all Top 10 titles (except GTA V) are up.

‘The Lego Movie Videogame’ enjoys the biggest Top 10 sales jump this week, an increase of 27% pushing it up one place to No4. Both Minecrafts are sitting pretty at No’s 5 and 6 with the Xbox 360 version (+11%) ahead of the PS3 version (+22%) by only 14 sales. All Formats No1 four weeks ago, ‘Sniper Elite 3’ (+3%) drops from No4 to No7, while FPS big guns ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’ (+21%) and ‘Battlefield 4’ (+24%) both climb one place to No’s 8 and 9 respectively with sales up by similar margins. ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (-5%) rounds off the Top 10, down 3 places to No10

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What was the Wolfenstein: The New Order's debut? Just to get the maximum the game could have done

‘The Last of Us: Remastered’ brings the critically acclaimed title to PS4 this week.

It debuts at the top of the All Formats Chart just like the PS3 original did over a year ago. It also becomes the 5th biggest launch of the year so far and the 4th biggest PS4 launch ever, sitting just behind ‘Infamous: Second Son’. Last week’s No1 ‘Watch Dogs’ (+3%) has to settle for 2nd place and ‘FIFA 14’ (+12%) also drops one place, down to No3. However, with the school holidays now in full swing, sales of all Top 10 titles (except GTA V) are up.
‘The Lego Movie Videogame’ enjoys the biggest Top 10 sales jump this week, an increase of 27% pushing it up one place to No4. Both Minecrafts are sitting pretty at No’s 5 and 6 with the Xbox 360 version (+11%) ahead of the PS3 version (+22%) by only 14 sales. All Formats No1 four weeks ago, ‘Sniper Elite 3’ (+3%) drops from No4 to No7, while FPS big guns ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’ (+21%) and ‘Battlefield 4’ (+24%) both climb one place to No’s 8 and 9 respectively with sales up by similar margins. ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (-5%) rounds off the Top 10, down 3 places to No10

All Formats

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

Individual

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Watch Dogs 360 > Watch Dogs PS4 for the first time.

Nice to see ND get good sales even if its a re-release

Wonder how long it will stay near the top

I can see it being number 1 next week.

It's bundled and the bundle is actually a deal this time. I think it'll have some legs.

369 on amazon? yea that is cheap, usually they charge way extra

The race to 10 million. Can TLOU reach that?

Definitely imo :). Last number they annouce months ago was 7million right?

Titanfall-ing. Is that the evidence that the bundles have dried up now?

Plus Battlefield and Forza return as well as FIFA jumps up above PS4 version. New bundles or people opting for those now Titanfall can't be had?

Bruno MB

According to our estimates, The Last of Us: Remastered would have sold near 70,000 units.

Biggest launches of 2014:

01 (NE) WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT) - 388,000 / NEW
02 (NE) TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 127,015 / NEW
03 (NE) WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS) - 82,050 / NEW
04 (NE) INFAMOUS: SECOND SON (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT) - 69,666 / NEW
05 (NE) THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT) -

06 (NE) MARIO KART 8 (NINTENDO) - 68,407 / NEW

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Elsewhere in the Top 40 EA’s ‘Skate 3’ (No25 / +17%) continues a remarkable return to the Top 40 (now stretching back 17 consecutive weeks) – the last time this title graced the Top 40 was almost 2 years ago
The power of youtubers. Did a big gaming site ever achieve something like this?

gtj1092

Titanfall-ing. Is that the evidence that the bundles have dried up now?

Plus Battlefield and Forza return as well as FIFA jumps up above PS4 version. New bundles or people opting for those now Titanfall can't be had?

Don't see that. Looks like the ps4 version is still ahead in every multi. The 360 version is now ahead of it though but that was inevitable.

Bought last of us. First time playing. Its pretty great so far.

Looks like we won't have the titanfall bundled vs legs debate this week :)

edit: double checked the chart. You are correct about FIFA.

According to our estimates, The Last of Us: Remastered would have sold near 70,000 units.

Biggest launches of 2014:

01 (NE) WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT) - 388,000 / NEW
02 (NE) TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 127,015 / NEW
03 (NE) WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS) - 82,050 / NEW
04 (NE) INFAMOUS: SECOND SON (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT) - 69,666 / NEW
05 (NE) THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT) -

06 (NE) MARIO KART 8 (NINTENDO) - 68,407 / NEW

That's quite surprising

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Can I be still amazed by Tomodachi Life's performance across...well, the entire overseas market, I'd say (even UK, now!)?

In what way?

A re-release, exclusive to one platform, less that a year after the original, doing so well. Bundle and marketing push are important, I know, but it's surprising that it menaged to sell better than Mario Kart, one of the top 3 most powerful franchises on consoles, even if WiU is struggling.

Maybe I understimated the power of these rereleases, now I think that the Halo Collection is really a good title for xmas.

Top Bottom