• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld Devs Says They Have Received Death Threats Amid Pokémon 'Rip-Off' Claims

Draugoth

Gold Member

via IGN

Pocketpair CEO Takuro Mizobe also tweeted to say they had received death threats, and hit out at “slanderous comments”.

“Currently, we are receiving slanderous comments against our artists, and we are seeing tweets that appear to be death threats,” Mizobe said. “I have received a variety of opinions regarding Palworld, but all productions related to Palworld are supervised by multiple people, including myself, and I am responsible for the production. “I would appreciate it if you would refrain from slandering the artists involved in Palworld.”

MiguelItUp

Twitter is such a vast and incredibly toxic cesspool almost always. I hate everything about it, honestly. But it definitely can't be blamed for everything. People can be so awful.

Oppoi

The haters wish Pokemon looked this good.
I wonder how popular the official Nintendo Pokemon would be that's made for PC. They blew up on mobile with worse graphics. I mean the hunger is there and it's not because anything but Pokemon let's not kids ourselves.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What the hell is happening? 😂😂😂
Palworld inadvertantly became the poster child of the modern console wars. Nintendo fans are screeching because "muh Pokemains!", PlayStation fans are butthurt that this isn't on their favorite plastic box, and Xbox fans are busy playing the game (and gloating that others cant).

knguyen

The mental nuckleheads who sent the death thread need to be rounded up to sent to the asylum for at least a few years. These basement crawlers are so unstable they can be dangerous.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Those Pokemon Switch screenshots are so bad. High grossing IP gets shit treatment and defended as if it's peak gaming every iteration. It ain't Zelda.

Sacred

Made over 100 million dollars in 5 days, I would be alright with some random trolls sending me death threats.

Brilliant.

Called out for his bullshit on the spot.

I am pretty sure that death treats are coming from the people with platform allegiance. And looking at the discourse surrounding the game - some of them are psychopathic Nintendo fanboys for sure. Probably sending something along the lines "Go die! How dare you copy Pokemon!" and stuff.

Last edited:

Sybrix

I wonder if these incels are more pissed off with the Pokemon rip off or the fact that Palworld is actually a better game than any bullshit Pokemon game released so far?

Last edited:

Hudo

I wonder if these incels are more pissed off with the Pokemon rip off or the fact that Palworld is actually a better game than any bullshit Pokemon game released so far?
I highly doubt that this game is better than Pokemon Gold/Silver. Or Pokemon Black/White.

But I guess it's better or on par with the recent ones.

Straight out of the "so your game is receiving criticism" playbook: just say you're receiving death threats and gullible people will eat it up.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ok, I'm never believing anything this guy says ever again, who is he?

Who the fuck is Alex Smith? And he just says something without naming any sources and people believe that? And this gets 87 retweets? Can people be critical for just fucking once?

Based on his twitter bio, he's a former Sony Bend and Ember Labs (Kena Bridge of Spirits) developer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom