• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panera Bread is trash and expensive!

Dural

It's hard not to love Culver's.

The local Culver's has a line down the street every Friday and Saturday night, it's an institution here (N Illinois 5 miles from Wisconsin border).

5ejo7tB.jpg
gvE9GMa.jpg
CEHhrY3.jpg

Paltheos

It's been 5 years since I ate at a Panera. I think I had... soup in a bread bowl? That was my second time there iirc and I found the experience so underwhelming that I've never gone back.

There are plenty of fast-healthier chains that are actually good - Cava, Chipotle, Moe's. I too can't say I recommend Panera.

Edit: I tend to find myself visiting local, family-owned places more though. There's this great ramen place that opened just a mile away. :)

Last edited:

Dutchy

I spend around 10-15 bucks a week buying the most premium products that could possibly be put on a sandwich and make them better than most of the fast food places around here. Been saving a lot of money and time. Not to mention it's healthier.

Raven117

I spend around 10-15 bucks a week buying the most premium products that could possibly be put on a sandwich and make them better than most of the fast food places around here. Been saving a lot of money and time. Not to mention it's healthier.
This right here folks. Learn to cook.

Soltype

I've had sip club for about a year, and it's almost all from free trials.The charged lemonade is some of the cheapest caffeine you can get, don't know about the food though.

Jenov

Their quality has definitely gone down while prices have increased. The only things I get at Panera now are the chicken salad sandwich with a soup (broccoli cheddar). I go maybe once every 5 months because they have a convenient drive thru. I might add a papaya green tea if I really want to feel cheated out of my money that particular day.

Last edited:
When I lived in NYC I used to get myself a breakfast bagel with sundried tomatoes, turkey breast and cheese and I don't recall it being more than $4, got me through most of my conservatory days lol. Also I had their rewards card, which kinda tended to glitch out so I could always get a free "birthday" pastry throughout the whole month of November instead of just on the day of my birthday. But all that was 5 years ago, so I guess they raised prices?

belmarduk

If you live in a decent sized city or town you have a bakery and everything Panera has but cheaper and exponentially better.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I've only had Panera twice. Once we ordered it for a company lunch. And the other time probably 10 years when I was in the US and we stopped off for lunch. That was my first time.

Each time i ate a sandwich and ad a drink. I dont remember how much it cost, but it was arguably the shittiest fast food sandwiches I've eaten. I could had made this shit at home.

Top Bottom