• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount Plus Question

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So, I was thinking of getting Paramount Plus so I can catch up on all the Star Trek stuff. I know a lot of new stuff is going to stink but I've heard some good things about Picard season 3 as well as Strange New Worlds.

The other reason here is that I have a friend who really has never seen Star Trek much before and I want to get them into it and all the Star Trek shows seem to be available on Paramount Plus.

The first thing I want him to watch is Star Trek the Motion Picture. Yeah, yeah I know a lot of you people hated it but I love that movie and knowing how he is, I think he would love it too.

My main question here is if I open up a Paramount Plus account can I share it with him even though he lives 5 miles away from me? Am I able to just give him my password and everything so he can just log in whenever he wants or how does that work? I had no problem sharing my Disney account before or Netflix in the past but wasn't so sure of Paramount plus had something different in place because I would love for him to see these shows without having to pay the price to see them.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You should be able to. I share Paramount Plus, HBO Max, and Netflix with 3 other family members.

Also make sure to hide any weapons and grab a bucket when you start NuTrek. You will want to kill yourself after the first few episodes and the anger/misery you will experience will cause you to vomit.

Last edited:

Billbofet

Yeah, I foot the bill for Paramount + and my friend foots it for Peacock - we share each other's accounts.
Never had an issue.

Quasicat

Not a problem. I use PlayOn Cloud with several streaming services including Paramount+ and their servers are several states away.

jason10mm

Gold Member
If you are AD or a vet you can get 25% off FOR LIFE(*) so look into that if you are eligible.

* on a constant contract if you are ready to commit long term should the deal go away at some point for new/re-subs.

Ownage

Anyone watch Seal Team on P+? It's pretty much my favorite show on tv these days. Rewatched the series several times already.

RavageX

I've introduced the wife to Star Trek...not the original, that's just a bit too far for her. She did see some of the second movie with me. TNG and now DS9 along with a couple of movies. She wants to see Picard but I don't think I wanna see that, lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Paramount is pretty good for movies and Star Trek. Little else there but a decent deal from just that. They don't have the leverage to start hounding people over sharing.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I don't think I have ever had an issue sharing.
Same here sharing with a friend.

I resubscribed recently and don't regret it.

I'm an old school Trek fan so I enjoy Strange New Worlds but never got into Picard (Red Letter Media scared me away from it 😆).

I also love the western genre and Paramount + is home to all of Taylor Sheridan's work.
Lawmen: Bass Reeves is also great.

Plus everything South Park!

Ownage

I'm an old school Trek fan so I enjoy Strange New Worlds but never got into Picard (Red Letter Media scared me away from it 😆).

I also love the western genre and Paramount + is home to all of Taylor Sheridan's work.

Yellowstone isn't on there in the US.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I've introduced the wife to Star Trek...not the original, that's just a bit too far for her. She did see some of the second movie with me. TNG and now DS9 along with a couple of movies. She wants to see Picard but I don't think I wanna see that, lol.
The third and final season of Picard is actually really kick ass. I didn't even bother watching the first two seasons because of what I heard but the third season really awesome. It feels like a 10-hour long movie.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

I honestly don't know if you'd like seasons 1 and 2 of Picard, but I can send you the cliffnotes to understand some of the small things in Season 3.

Top Bottom