• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paranoia in Trump's White House

Status
Not open for further replies.
gif-baby-bed-2697642-364x205.gif

Trey

It is a damn shame our federal government is this incompetent. It's only be three months and we are destabilized.

We are vulnerable.

Harpuia

If a genuine national crisis affects the country, say another terrorist attack or something on that level, I fear for the country. I really hope we make the next 4 years without some kind of calamity afflicting the nation.

Jayof9s

It is a damn shame our federal government is this incompetent. It's only be three months and we are destabilized.

We are vulnerable.

Honestly, the Federal government is running more or less as well as it ever does. The bulk of the work at the various Departments and Agencies is done by career employees that are not and cannot (easily) be removed by the current administration.

The top of the 'food chain' is usually an appointee from the administration. However, these appointees are relatively short term and even when they aren't as grossly incompetent as many of Trump's appointees have been, they are rarely qualified or have the background to understand what they're truly in for or to be effective at it. As a result, 99% of things remain in the hands of the career employees. Appointees can obviously set the tone from the top to an extent and push certain changes but there is definitely a limit to what they can accomplish without truly understanding the agency they're now 'leading'.

The biggest drivers for change come with the annual President's budget that more or less says "Here's how much money we're going to spend and what we're going to spend it on". This is a big process with input from the various agencies and OMB and the Administration. It does provide a lot of guidance for what each agency is supposed to do. What programs receive funding. Which lose funding. Which stay the course. This budget is submitted to and approved by Congress. In theory, with a Republican President and a Republican majority in Congress they should be able to pass this in time, without continuing resolutions (as we've dealt with for quite a while now). We'll see...

All that said, currently the agencies are more or less running as they were 3 months ago and the new fiscal year doesn't start until October 1 for any sweeping changes to truly be possible.

It's pretty hard to stop a bureaucracy of tens (or hundreds) of thousands of moving parts.

Yeah, Trump needs to put a stop to this and take control. This stuff is hurting America and helping Dems (and adversary states) undermine both him and the office of the POTUS.

If he can't do that, then he needs step down and let Pence take over.

LOLOL, and I thought those gifs were the most hilarious thing in this thread!!!

Chumly

Depending on what the leak is I think a lot of the leaks are coming from trumps own team. I think there is a lot of internal infighting and jockeying around for influence.

So... you're saying that WH staffers aren't distracted with social media on their phones all day? Sounds like the system is working fine! They're not going to have Tinder or Grindr on their work phones, after all. Probably.
This is all hilarious.

+1 on the robots in this gifs having awesome comedic timing. That's the real accomplishment in those projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom