• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pastor suing Whole Foods over homophobic slur on cake admits he made it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure everyone knew he was full of shit anyway, but at least he's admitting it now.

The man who accused Whole Foods Market of writing a homophobic slur on a cake will drop a lawsuit against the grocery chain.

“The company did nothing wrong,” Pastor Jordan Brown said in a statement. “I was wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story.”

Brown had sued Whole Foods on April 18, announcing the lawsuit publicly while flanked by his lawyers. He emotionally told reporters that he had ordered a cake with “Love wins” written in frosting, Brown said. The cake he picked up, he said, had a homophobic slur on it.

Whole Foods is dropping their countersuit against him as well:
“Given Mr. Brown’s apology and public admission that his story was a complete fabrication, we see no reason to move forward with our counter suit to defend the integrity of our brand and team members,” Whole Foods’ statement said.
Link to story.
Original thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1209520
Lock if old.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
People called him out immediately. Didn't make sense, and going through his timeline of events destroys his story.

How exactly did he think this was going to work?

This man has leveled up his idiocy multiple times. We're dealing with an Omega level idiot here.

Arkeband

Banned
How exactly did he think this was going to work?

This man has leveled up his idiocy multiple times. We're dealing with an Omega level idiot here.

When your job is quite literally stand up in front of a room of people and tell people about things that never happened...

SeanC

Crap like this just undermines everything.

Maybe that's what he wanted, I don't know.

Either way I feel that when something like this comes up you have to doubt it immediately, and that's too bad because there probably is some gay person who got dealt a homophobic slur somewhere and could actually use social support or any marginalized person that is called names or harassed or threatened.

cameron

Dude and his scummy lawyers back in April:
gZ30nuH.jpg
Pastor Jordan Brown takes a moment to compose himself as he is overcome with emotion during a press conference in April as he speaks about how he felt when he saw a gay slur on a cake he had ordered from Whole Foods. Pastor Jordan Brown and his attorney Austin Kaplan filed a law suit against Whole Foods. RICARDO B. BRAZZIELL/AMERICAN-STATESMAN

Cipherr

Yeah, I think a ton of people thought it was fishy from the very jump. Then when they put the video out, it was curtains. Dude is a scumbag, and I hate seeing people that make these kinds of accusations walk with just an apology. Thats bullshit, because had they not been able to prove their innocence they would have paid in terms of public opinion and possibly lawsuit money; so how the fuck is the flipside of that an agreement to just 'drop it'.

Magnanimous for sure, and absolutely not my style. Would have destroyed his ass in court.

But... why?

From the digging I could do, it looked like he was trying to start a church in a small strip mall but couldn't seem to get followers or the financial support to make it work. Seems like this was a way for him to get a ton of attention, hopefully generate some income, and cultivate a following.

Good on Whole Foods for taking the high road. I hate when church officials do disgusting acts in the name of God. I'm a Christian and feel more than embarrassment at stuff like this.

I have to say that Whole Foods was ace here. They immediately backed up their employee and sought counter legal action to protect him and themselves. They had posted photos of this asshole clearly viewing the cake before leaving hours after the media ran the story.

I imagine that pastor did not know that the employee was part of the LGBT community.

bjork

But he gets to still be a pastor? You'd think they would... do they fire pastors? I don't even know how that works.

Whole food came out classy while the pastor is just wrong in so many ways. Could have easily destroyed the business with accusations such as those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom