• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2015 Badges on sale NOW

Mesoian

Well, that was 3 minutes to sell out. Fucking hell.

I can't even be mad, that just seems...deliberate.

Oh well, got my friday and saturday badge, all this means is that I won't be staying at the hotel all weekend. I live close enough to commute anyway.

Patryn

Got my 3-days. I really had given up hope it would be today.

And crazy that it was about 6 minutes to sellout on 3-days.

rSpooky

Got all three day tickets, and I'm planning on getting a hotel so I can drink and stuff.

Gonna be a fun time.

Enjoy it,
I was real fast to click but work pc sux so somehow it never forwarded throught the cue and all 3day passes were out.

So it has been decided for me I am not going this time. :(

I refuse to pay more then $95 for 3 days,esepcially since I need 2 ( 1 for my son)

Clearos

Glad i was reading the forums. Got four sets of single day passes for my friends.

..and this will the closet thing to Black Friday I will experience for the rest of 2014.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Bah, my group of 4 couldn't get 3 day passes, but we were able to get single day passes for each day. Also annoyed since I missed out on the Waterfront. We will be at the Intercontinental this year.

Pudge

So lucky that I was reading the fourms, got my Friday and Saturday ready to go.
Now I just have to worry about getting from Florida to Boston.

Deft Beck

Happened to catch a guy in one of my classes buying tickets as I was leaving, so I stopped, pulled out my laptop and bought one.

OnPoint

They really need to limit the amount of 3-day badges able to be bought by one credit card more. This is ridiculous for people who want to go for fun, and not to sell the tickets.

JNA

Banned
I MADE IT I MADE IT!

FREAKING BASTARDS CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD BUT I MADE IT!

Ive been checking that site all day since November. FINALLY I CAN SLEEP, I CAN EAT, I CAN BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAATHHHHHHHHH!

They really need to limit the amount of 3-day badges able to be bought by one credit card more. This is ridiculous for people who want to go for fun, and not to sell the tickets.

At what point do we not blame scalpers and start to think that they are deliberately limiting the $95 passes so they can get people to buy 3 day individual passes for $135 once the 3 days are "sold out"?

Patryn

Apparently, they do go through orders afterwards and will cancel anyone who ordered more than the equivalent of 12 passes (where 1 3-day counts as 3 passes).

OnPoint

At what point do we not blame scalpers and start to think that they are deliberately limiting the $95 passes so they can get people to buy 3 day individual passes for $135 once the 3 days are "sold out"?

I don't know what the allocations between tickets are. What's the limit on what you can buy though?

Actstriker says it's 4. I guess that's reasonable but considering 3-day badges sold out in 25 mintues or less... I don't know.

Someone's gotta do something.

I don't know what the allocations between tickets are. What's the limit on what you can buy though?

Actstriker says it's 4. I guess that's reasonable but considering 3-day badges sold out in 25 mintues or less... I don't know.

Someone's gotta do something.

Ya, we don't know allocations, but that's why I'm not going to be so quick to blame it on scalpers, I think that isn't fair.

But I honestly find it hard to believe that they sold out in 4 minutes. They must not have had many available imo. There isn't that many scalpers that would have caused a 4 minute sell out on tickets that had a surprise drop

jediyoshi

These are the only two scenarios that could possibly exist with these variables.

OnPoint

Ya, we don't know allocations, but that's why I'm not going to be so quick to blame it on scalpers, I think that isn't fair.

But I honestly find it hard to believe that they sold out in 4 minutes. They must not have had many available imo. There isn't that many scalpers that would have caused a 4 minute sell out on tickets that had a surprise drop

I guess that's a more likely scenario. Pretty awful. I'd say maybe they're trying to lessen how crowded it can be but I don't think that's the case.

JNA

Banned
Why not they just make more three day passes and limit to only one person per buy on the three day pass? There is obviously a huge demand for them as there are many people obviously wanting to go to pax all three days.

I guess that's a more likely scenario. Pretty awful. I'd say maybe they're trying to lessen how crowded it can be but I don't think that's the case.

I think they are trying to sell you $135 worth of tickets instead of their "deal" of $95 3-day passes. I think people immediately jump to blame scalpers instead of PAX themselves.

Either way... meh.

Mesoian

Pax East sucked last year only the people made it decent. Hopefully its better this year

I dunno, I had fun. Hanging out with GiantBomb, routing around in the indie megabooth...

I'll always go to PAX until I am actually completely unable to. It's a good time.

Why not they just make more three day passes and limit to only one person per buy on the three day pass? There is obviously a huge demand for them as there are many people obviously wanting to go to pax all three days.

Because that alienates families.

Patryn

Forcing everyone to buy their own 3-day pass would be terrible. There's situations like mine where I buy the passes for my wife and myself because she can't buy them during the day.

It would also lead to even more people trying to hit the site, creating problems.

OnPoint

I think they are trying to sell you $135 worth of tickets instead of their "deal" of $95 3-day passes. I think people immediately jump to blame scalpers instead of PAX themselves.

Either way... meh.

That's pretty dastardly, I hope it's not the case. Especially since the show last year was a bit more lackluster than in years past.

If you hop on Craigslist the week of Pax East there are dudes making bank on 3 day passes. It's definitely a scalper's paradise.

I'll get my usual one day pass.

Top Bottom