• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2016 - Boston, MA

8628.png

When: Friday, April 22nd through Sunday, April 24

Where: The Boston Convention and Expo Center

What: Here's a link to the schedule

Who: Well, I guess that depends on you, GAF. Meetups typically happen starting Thursday and right on through Sunday. The usual Boston people are around (texting as I write this), and will sound off in thread here. Every one of them is a fantastic resource for things to do while you're not PAX-ing.

Let's use this thread as a catch-all for info, and meet-ups before, during, and after events. Updates will be coming fast and furious (or whenever I can get to them). For now, I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon.

UPDATE: I've set up a Slack channel for PAX East folks to use. It's a group chat platform, and it's free. Anyone interested in attending the meetup(s) or just those wanting to update fellow GAffers with stuff at the show this year, PM me your info and I'll add you in.

Welcome to Boston, GAF.

old-north-church2.jpg

Only the temperature can deflate your good time here, so be sure to pack a hoodie, and maybe a hat and some gloves.

Here's a link to our public transit system, the MBTA. Here, you can find commuter rail, bus, and train schedules. As is the case with all travelers to Metro areas, it's advisable to plan your travel as much as you can. And...

PSA: Late night travel has been shuttered by the MBTA. In almost every case, if you're going to be out and about past 12:30, you will not be able to use public transit. The areas surrounding the BCEC, and the Seaport District are fairly safe, and it should be easy to hail a cab/Uber.

PSA number 2: Props to Lombax. Alewife, Davis, Porter, and Harvard on the Red Line will be using bus service.

Meet-up Information

Thursday: TBD

Friday, 7pm: The Whiskey Priest - It's walking distance from the BCEC. It has a very, very, very long bar. The service is pretty OK, and we've always been lucky enough to grab a few tables. There's food, to boot. And as a bonus, there's another bar right next door. It's not unheard of for us to migrate from one to the other, but that's always a play-it-by-ear call.

Saturday, 7pm: Shojo. Looks like a fun place, and it's a close enough walk from the venue to not be a leg breaker. We'll plan to start the evening here with some food (be sure to check out their menus), and let the night guide us from there. It's not uncommon to end up somewhere else, but I'll leave it to the folks that know the area to determine that. I just work here.

UDATE: The only reservation available for a table is at 8:30. I went ahead and bagged it for 8 seats. I *think* we can just run up in there and grab the bar. Will keep everyone updated. I'm also open to suggestions for prior to that, so if anyone has anything in mind....

Sunday: TBD - The wind-down. Because if you've attended Friday and Saturday, there's a very good chance you'll be worn out. No worries, you don't have to annihilate your liver with Drunk Andrew.

But I doubt he'll stop you if you will.

Getting to the Convention Center:

By Train (T) - Whichever direction you're coming from, your goal is to get to South Station, on the Red Line. Leaving South Station (there are multiple exits, you'll want to head southeast, towards the bridge, on Summer Street, and just keep following until you get to the BCEC. If you find yourself a little lost or disoriented (early morning commute can sometimes suck on a Friday), don't hesitate to ask someone. Or just follow the mob. And there WILL be a mob.

By Car - My recommendation is to aim for parking at the Convention Center, but if you don't mind a little bit of a walk, there are two lots that will be VERY available on Saturday/Sunday. Channelside Parking Lot (link to map) is hands down the most cost effective on the weekend...last year I think it was around $5. From there, you'll just hoof it back to Summer via Necco street -> Melcher St., then head right, and keep going. You'll know well before you get there.

Edwardo

I'm excited for the battle royale between all of the Andrew's. That and packed 2am train rides with Omegasquash.

Amon-Lau

This will be my first time, snagged a 3 day pass which should keep me entertained~ :D
It does help I'm living in Boston too~

I'm excited for the battle royale between all of the Andrew's. That and packed 2am train rides with Omegasquash.

My man. They didn't even charge us. Just opened the door and let the drunken mob on.

No wonder they shut down late night service.

Edwardo

Maybe I'll actually go to some panels this year. I got a pass for each day so maybe I'll have the time now.

w0s

Stupid question but when do tickets normally go on sale? I told my son we would go next year.

I only have a Sunday pass but since I live in Boston I can easily meet up at places to watch the Andrew throwdown.

Also if any more Andrews are coming we're gonna have to start numbering you, sorry. We gotta keep track of all these Andrews somehow.

Can't wait, second time driving down with a crew of folk from Canada for PAX. If the show is anything like 2013 it'll be a blast.

phant0m

Stupid question but when do tickets normally go on sale? I told my son we would go next year.

You never know. They announce on Twitter, and then you have roughly 15 minutes to get on and get in queue if you want a badge, especially a 3-day. It sucks.

I only have a Sunday pass but since I live in Boston I can easily meet up at places to watch the Andrew throwdown.

Also if any more Andrews are coming we're gonna have to start numbering you, sorry. We gotta keep track of all these Andrews somehow.

I second the numeric labeling of Andrews.

Mesoian

You gotta keep your ear to the ground about a week after PAX south. But man, you have to be READY. You have a 20 minute window to get your tickets and your hotel, and if you miss it, you're fucked.

Hopefully my costume arrives in time. I'm going to cosplay as Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa.

Which is amusing and interesting if you know me from the last meet up.

Thabass

Not sure if I'm going. I don't have any passes this year. I

Unless someone on GAF is selling a Saturday pass?

I live in Boston, though, so I might just go to parties at night.

rSpooky

so turns out I have one extra PAX East 3day pass left over that I would like to sell at cost (no need to be a scalping dick) (+shipping if needed or I can hand it over at pax.). I have it because we (group of friends) miscalculated who needed passes. Anyone interested? It is legit/genuine/all true.
However I need to know you are really going and not scalping the damn thing yourself.. I want to help a fellow gaffer out, but don't play me .

Got my 3-day pass last week, flight and hotel set up as well.
After this, I'll have visited all 3 main PAXes (I don't think I'll ever attend PAX Aus). My first was PAX South '15 in its debut, followed by PAX Prime '15.

This will be my 13th PAX (started at East 2010, only missing Prime 2010/2011 before hitting stateside everything since). I'm very excited, and I need all the pins.

Going again this year! Finally I was able to get tickets compared to last year but I still thank my hook up for that. Now I'm looking for another one for my friend or brother so I can add to my total clique.

Alcander

You guys should download the guide on guidebook (https://guidebook.com/g/paxeast2016/)

We'll be adding some new features within the next week or so, but its also a good way to keep in touch with eachother at the show (we've added 1:1 chat since the last pax).

(or just search Guidebook in the app store and then search pax east 2016 from within the app)

I'll be there all three days, looking forward to it!

Going again this year! Finally I was able to get tickets compared to last year but I still thank my hook up for that. Now I'm looking for another one for my friend or brother so I can add to my total clique.

Oh shit, is there gonna be some West Side Story style GAF clique showdowns?!

We might need all the Andrews we can get

I work at a model and talent agency and we are staffing multiple booths here. Women only. Must be friendly and outgoing. PM if interested.

Clearos

CT reporting in. Another 3 day adventure at pax.

Co-op steam games and stogies are ready. Please no cold front like last year.

if anyone can't make it this year I am still looking for passes , 3 day pass would be ideal

I need 2 since I missed out during the sale x restock

Managed to get a 3 day exhibitor badge last minute from a friend who's showing off his game there. Been going every year since it started in Boston back in 2010. Excited to play Lawbreakers!

Sinistar

If anyone has any 3 day or saturday + sunday passes they want to let go please PM ME :)
looking for 2-3 sets thanks!

Top Bottom