• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PayPal payment option is coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop

carda114

Annoyed. I can't use PayPal to make purchases on my Switch or on Nintendo's site. It gives me an error code which I gave to PayPal support, which told me that "the merchant" has an issue with their account and thus they're blocking my payment to Nintendo for security.

I'm honestly baffled. I actually said, "But it's Nintendo," and the rep didn't have any answers for me. I'm gonna try to relink my account soon and see if that solves anything, but I'm annoyed and confused.

so it will work with any credit cards? I can use my paypal account on any account?

i'm asking since on foreign account you must use eshop cards, credit cards from other countries are not accepted

ReyVGM

so it will work with any credit cards? I can use my paypal account on any account?

i'm asking since on foreign account you must use eshop cards, credit cards from other countries are not accepted

Haven't tried it, but if it works like Gamestop/Walmart, then you won't be able to buy either.

I've tried buying using Paypal on both Gamestop and Walmart using Paypal funds (not even using my CC through Paypal), and I still can't buy because my Paypal is not from the same country (I thought paypal funds were universal?).

So I am assuming that if you have your Switch eshop set to USA and your Paypal has a card attached to another country, then it won't work. If your country has an eshop, then it should be no problem using the same country Paypal that way.

Although, I wonder if this loophole can be done? I assume Paypal detects what country you are from from the credit card you add to it. What if you open a SECOND paypal account, and don't add any CC to it. That way you could send funds from your original country's Paypal account, to your 'american' Paypal account, and use that 'american' Paypal to buy from places like gamestop? Unless those stores use a combination of IP detection too.

Top Bottom