• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Show 2016

How do you feel about this conference being 7 hours shorter than last year?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grief.exe

Well like every single game at the conference had a PC version besides FFXV, so having more PC titles at this conference would have made the conference like an hour longer.

Every single game at the conference had a PC version besides FFXV*

*FFXV 99% chance of PC version.

Dual Universe

-It's an MMO No Man's Sky with more photorealistic graphics and 100% customizable ship and base building. Seamless surface to space transitions, etc...

http://www.pcgamer.com/see-the-first-footage-of-dual-universe-the-single-shard-sci-fi-mmo/

Pre-Alpha Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZvsazWNOq4

I am intrigued.

That does sound intriguing.

LordRaptor

Well like every single game at the conference had a PC version besides FFXV, so having more PC titles at this conference would have made the conference like an hour longer.

well, yeah, but I would have thought given how the UWA and W10 store is actually going it might have been worth their time to show up with a little damage control and allay some fears before Tim Sweeney or Gabe Newell put them on blast again.

Every single game at the conference had a PC version besides FFXV*

*FFXV 99% chance of PC version.

Given their stated sales targets I don't see how they can afford not to release it on PC
Given what was shown as a demo I don't see how they aren't prepping for Ouya, iDevice, Android and WiiU releases too

IrishNinja

list makes the conference look alright, but can we talk about what PC gaming really needs?

...it needs yakuza on steam
all of them. all the yakuzas

Lucumo

list makes the conference look alright, but can we talk about what PC gaming really needs?

...it needs yakuza on steam
all of them. all the yakuzas

Why limit it to Steam? Give me a traditional collector's edition with discs and no DRM and I would easily pay 200+ bucks.

Given their stated sales targets I don't see how they can afford not to release it on PC
Given what was shown as a demo I don't see how they aren't prepping for Ouya, iDevice, Android and WiiU releases too

Heh yea it's very very improbable the game will not come out on PC. I mean I get something like Atlus who are completely alien to today's gaming market but Square Enix hell no. They are not that stupid and they need that PC money, it will be out not much later I guess.

Corpekata

Banned
Of course FFXV is hitting PC, I was specifically talking about ones that were confirmed either in the conference or very shortly after like Inside and Tekken 7.

IrishNinja

Why limit it to Steam? Give me a traditional collector's edition with discs and no DRM and I would easily pay 200+ bucks.

shit, like that other guy said, we dont see much physical PC releases out here these days but im with you there man! gimme some of that sexy art like the JP PS3 for Yakuza 3 saw and it'd be day 1

panzone

New Footage:
Giant Cop
Lawbreakers
Vampyr pre-alpha
Some new Deus Ex stuff
The Turing Test
Halo Wars 2
Dawn of War 3
Tyranny
Mount and Blade 2
Overland
Arcane Warfare
Mages of Mystralia
The Surge

New content / expansion stuff:

KIlling Floor 2 sharpshooter update
Arma 3 Apex releasing next month
Killing Floor VR spinoff
Superhot VR
Warframe update that adds a soccerish sport game

New titles / announcements:
Observer (layers of fear dev)
Dropzone
Dual Universe
Day of Infamy (Insurgency devs)
Oxygen Not Included (Klei)

Think that is it. Also a good Warren Spector speech.

I also think that the 470 and 460 cards were "new".

What, there was Deus Ex stuff in this? Was there something new?

It's really stupid of PC Gamer to have absolutely no time at all to spare in case of delays. This went overtime and Ubisoft had already started so I had to switch.

Corpekata

Banned
ibn Saïd;206866501 said:
Did we see some PC centric UI of the new Deus Ex? Twitch is acting funny here, can't watch the replay.

They played it with a Dualshock 4 so no.

On small bonus side for the people that care, it will have Sony prompts presumably.

Tagyhag

Especially the physical destruction
can't wait to take down every wall possible before sending my guys to assault. :p

And thank God for that. Sieges against a castle were absolutely brutal. You needed a 5 to 1 man advantage because those ladder chokepoints SUCKED.

Grief.exe

ibn Saïd;206877225 said:
PS4 controller in a PC centric show, I don't even... Oh well, if DXHR is something to go by, Nixxes will deliver in terms of UI.

Controllers always demo better than mice for these kind of presentations. Not only is it smoother, but the presenter simply has to hold the controller in his or her hands with no need for a desk, mousepad, and keyboard.

Azar

Glad so many people here enjoyed the show. Two guys on our team just about killed themselves putting it together, same as last year.

I was around for rehearsals this year and came away with a greater appreciation for the absolutely insane amount of work it is to pull one of these things off smoothly. Even the simplest things, like when people get up to walk off stage, have to be perfect so that best case scenario no one watching even thinks about it as a consideration.

Vintage

Glad so many people here enjoyed the show. Two guys on our team just about killed themselves putting it together, same as last year.

I was around for rehearsals this year and came away with a greater appreciation for the absolutely insane amount of work it is to pull one of these things off smoothly. Even the simplest things, like when people get up to walk off stage, have to be perfect so that best case scenario no one watching even thinks about it as a consideration.

Thanks for the show, I liked it, will be watching next year also :)

And about walking off stage: I was constantly thinking about, after every interview :D I was wondering when do guests leave, who signals them to go away, there was one guy who got up too early before the camera switched :)

Also, some of the guests looked very stressed.

Congrats. It was a great show. I really enjoyed the WS speech. If you guys could have a 15 minute interview or talk from another legend, like Carmack or Avellone, for next year's show, it would be the best one again.

Noaloha

Hello everyone,

We showcased our new game "Badiya" on stage at the PC Gaming Show.

Here is the on-stage interview (starting at 03:03:00):
https://youtu.be/jlS1GsEeqVg?t=10983

Can one of the admins please give my account (the dev of the game) the sufficient privileges to create a new thread on the forum?

Just a heads up, that's not how Neogaf does things. You'll need to lose your Junior Member status in order to gain thread-making privelege, which you do by reaching a certain post-count (I think it's 200 posts? Someone correct me if wrong.)

However, do be aware that posting threads for self-promotion is, I believe, strictly prohibited. (Again, someone correct that if inaccurate.) Gaf is a big enough entity that if promotional threads were allowed the gaming forum would be inundated with sales pitches.

Check the rules thread stickied on the site's front page for clarification.

If you're indie and looking to get feedback or a few eyes on your game, you may want to join in with the Gaf thread, where plenty of indie devs show and discuss the progress of their work. Naturally, participation in the thread garners fonder consideration. Don't know how well a simple, single, drive-by "check out my new game" post would be received.

All that said, good luck with your release!

Top Bottom