• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCSX2 - Excellent PS2 emulation, support improving all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Bluth

Is it possible to get rid of the blue-greenish filter (or whatever it actually is) in God of War?

jzv12q.jpg

It's quite annoying and distracting

DrXym

M.Bluth said:
Is it possible to get rid of the blue-greenish filter (or whatever it actually is) in God of War?

jzv12q.jpg

It's quite annoying and distracting

It's probably a botched fog or alpha effect.

SOLDIER

For 1920x1080 settings, what internal res is everyone using? I've been setting it to 1920x1080, but this makes most games slow to a crawl, as well as blacking some of the textures. And yet it looks so good I'm unsatisfied with anything less. :(

inner-G

Banned
SOLDIER said:
For 1920x1080 settings, what internal res is everyone using? I've been setting it to 1920x1080, but this makes most games slow to a crawl, as well as blacking some of the textures. And yet it looks so good I'm unsatisfied with anything less. :(
I'm running mine at my monitor's native resolution, it's the only way to force AA that I've found.

inner-G

Banned
God's Beard said:
beat me to it :lol

game looks SOOO good on the emulator. is it just me, or does printscreen blur the hell out of captures?
I think it does blur it, but i dunno. Okami looks a little 'blurrier' than other stuff when its running i think/

The emu is a little buggy though, i can't take F8 screencaps in Okami, but I can record video in fraps.

In FFX I can take F8 .bmp screengrabs, but recording makes the GS plugin crash out. weirdness.

ArjanN

Apollo said:
I'm a noob at this so how do I load up a .ISO?

File -> Run CD/DVD

then just browse to the directory with the .ISO file and select it.

For more info just check the offical site/forum of the emulator.

mgs3-2.jpg

mgs3-3.jpg

mgs3-4.jpg

mgs3-5.jpg

mgs3-7.jpg

I've got a 2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo, with a 3+ ghz this should be playable at full speeds without frameskip (for some reason when I use frameskip the screen stutters)

M.Bluth

I found the solution to the GoW fog problem is to use DirectX10, it doesn't remove it completely, but it is bearable.

But after finishing it I figured I'll play GoWII, but I was presented with this:

123uo93.jpg

Software Mode is not an option since the frame rate hit makes the game unplayable.

I've seen snapshots of people playing it without this problem so I know it's fixable, I tried finding the solution in the PCSX2 forums, but that was not helpful (seriously, why the hell is everyone so angry over there?)

bee

yeah mgs3 plays full speed

sotc 1080p 60fps, bit glitchy though at times as seen in 1st pic

egyf6t.jpg

10shgeg.jpg

vsnhqw.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
infinityBCRT said:
[IG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/mgs3-2.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/mgs3-3.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/mgs3-4.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/mgs3-5.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/mgs3-7.jpg[/IMG]

I've got a 2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo, with a 3+ ghz this should be playable at full speeds without frameskip (for some reason when I use frameskip the screen stutters)

MGS3:S looks gorgeous.

This thread is going to force me to get an ultra PC rig once all the little glitches with MGS3, Ico, SOTC and Square games are ironed out, because holy shit. Was kinda hoping Sony would announce HD ps2 PSN releases at E3 to prevent this craving but...well they haven't.

Has anyone tried ZOE2 yet?

I still don't understand how you guys are getting SoTC at 60fps. The framerate is unplayable for me once I encounter a colossus.

bee

Baloonatic said:
I still don't understand how you guys are getting SoTC at 60fps. The framerate is unplayable for me once I encounter a colossus.

use latest svn 1329 from HERE

and latest gsdx 1341 from HERE

use dx 10 mode

set up the speedhacks something like this

zv4zcy.jpg

and make sure u got a core 2 duo at 3.5ghz +

never drops from 60fps for me, the latest svn or gsdx gave a me a huge boost in some games not sure which one is responsible but i'm certainly happy with it

M.Bluth

M.Bluth said:
I found the solution to the GoW fog problem is to use DirectX10, it doesn't remove it completely, but it is bearable.

But after finishing it I figured I'll play GoWII, but I was presented with this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/123uo93.jpg[ IMG]

Software Mode is not an option since the frame rate hit makes the game unplayable.

I've seen snapshots of people playing it without this problem so I know it's fixable, I tried finding the solution in the PCSX2 forums, but that was not helpful (seriously, why the hell is everyone so angry over there?)[/QUOTE]
anyone?

AndyMoogle said:
Damn, that fast eh. I have a C2D E6750 @ 2.66GHz so I've got quite a bit of OCing to do if I want to reach that :/

It should manage that just fine with a half decent motherboard and cooler.

ArjanN

AndyMoogle said:
Damn, that fast eh. I have a C2D E6750 @ 2.66GHz so I've got quite a bit of OCing to do if I want to reach that :/

Well, it depends on lot on the game as well.

Shadow of the Colossus and MGS3 are two of the most demanding games.

A lot of games will already run perfectly well on your rig without overclocking.

nincompoop said:
PCSX2 doesn't benefit from having more than 2 cores
http://cottonvibes.blogspot.com/2009/03/what-is-microvu.html

The goal for microVU is to properly emulate the VU's pipeline and possibly be even faster than Super VU. Additionally, microVU is coded with threading in mind, and eventually it should be threadable which would enable big speed-gains for quad-core CPU users, and possibly nice speed-gains for dual-core users as well.

Quad core may become very beneficial soon if not already with the beta that was released a few days ago. I'd imagine most games would run at 100% speed on i7's once they complete the microVU optimizations.

SOLDIER

inner-G said:
I'm running mine at my monitor's native resolution, it's the only way to force AA that I've found.

Thing is, when I use this emulator I'm displaying my PC on my Samsung '45 1080p set. So wouldn't the native res be 1920x1080?

I'm also wondering what the currently acceptable build and plugins everyone is using. This kind of info should be on the OP.

suikodan

I've been playing with FFXII for a while which runs at 99% (it's just not perfect) but the game I want most is MGS3.

I tried the Maetel version and it gave the game a really nice speed boost, however:

1- It's buggy as hell! I can pass through objects and Snake even fell off the map (and died, actually).
2- MGS3 always had that "fuzzy" graphical effect and it's still there.

Anyone can help?

DrBo42

Woah I didn't know we were allowed to post about this stuff. What are the rules about emulation talk on GAF? I figured it would be in the piracy sector, I don't see anything on the FAQ about it.

DieH@rd

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Woah I didn't know we were allowed to post about this stuff. What are the rules about emulation talk on GAF? I figured it would be in the piracy sector, I don't see anything on the FAQ about it.

You can freely emulate and talk abut GAMES YOU OWN. Requesting PS2 bios and ISOs is forbidden.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Is there anything special you need to do to run FFXII perfectly? I have the newest gsdx and everything seems to work fine but I get slowdowns a lot. I have an E8400/4850 PC. Is there any special setting/patch/gamefix I need to be running?

darkwings

Banned
Teetris said:
Is there anything special you need to do to run FFXII perfectly? I have the newest gsdx and everything seems to work fine but I get slowdowns a lot. I have an E8400/4850 PC. Is there any special setting/patch/gamefix I need to be running?

use windows 7 and latest directx + overclock your cpu

I'm going mad. MAD I SAY.

So a week or two ago, I saw some absolutely beautiful screens of Ico running at like 1024x768 with 4xAA in what I thought was this thread. I've since been trying to track them down to show to some friends, but I can't find them anywhere! I've gone through literally every page of this thread, and nothing. Am I just going crazy? Were they removed?

Maybe they were in the Last Guardian thread, and the poster happened to also link to this thread at the time. Hrm, I guess I'll go dig around some more.

makingmusic476 said:
Maybe they were in the Last Guardian thread, and the poster happened to also link to this thread at the time. Hrm, I guess I'll go dig around some more.

I remember seeing them in the Trico thread (the thread for the leaked trailer before e3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom