• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pence doesn't seem to be very respected by Michael Flynn... or other WH staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few members of Mr. Trump’s team are more skeptical of Mr. Flynn than the vice president, numerous administration officials said. Mr. Pence, who used the false information provided by Mr. Flynn to defend him in a series of television appearances, was incensed at Mr. Flynn’s lack of contrition for repeatedly embarrassing him by withholding the information, according to three administration officials familiar with the situation.

Mr. Flynn and Mr. Pence have spoken twice in the past few days about the matter, but administration officials said that rather than fully apologize and accept responsibility, the national security adviser blamed it on his faulty memory — which irked the typically slow-to-anger Mr. Pence.

The slight was compounded by an incident late last year when Mr. Pence went on television to deny that Mr. Flynn’s son, who had posted conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton on social media, had been given a security clearance by the transition team. The younger Mr. Flynn had, indeed, been given such a clearance, even though his father had told Mr. Pence’s team that he hadn’t.

Mr. Pence has relayed his complaints directly to Mr. Trump but has told White House officials that he will abide by whatever Mr. Trump decides about Mr. Flynn’s fate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0

Michael Flynn lying to Pence's face about how Flynn apparently has short-term memory loss and can't remember if he betrayed the nation during his five phone calls is one epic lie, I have to say. And the White House barely cares that Flynn humiliated Pence!

lol, Pence might have thought he might get to be the shadow president and instead he can't even fire a conspiracy theorist who humiliates him and was fired for being bad at his job and being disliked at everyone.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The crazy thing is if Trump is impeached, Pence would likely clear house in the cabinet.

GrapeApes

He's probably praying every night they impeach Trump. If that does happen he has plausible deniability on all of Trump's shenanigans. Probably gets a headup on EOs a minute before the public does. Kacich's smart for not biting on that you'll have control of domestic and foreign policies angle. Never trust a Trump.

VP pretty much only has as much power as the President lets him have.

Trump doesn't like Pence. Doubt they even talk. He has no influence or sway over Trump. Bannon is the one behind the curtain. Pence might as well stand in one place and blend in as decoration.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Live footage from when Pence found out about the lies:

giphy.gif

And here we thought that Pence was going to be the man pulling the strings. Oh we were so innocent back then.

Miletius

Pence was used. His only card was his Pro-Life Christian Conservative credentials. DJT and Bannon used him to get that bloc's vote. Now he'll be sidelined as they have no use for his so called "principles" unless it suits their agenda. Not only that, but they wooed him with promises of being the Shadow President when in reality that job was always going to be Bannon's.

He deserves all the pain that is coming to him. He made a deal with the devil, and his soul is forfeit. Only half joking on that last part.

Knowing the way Trump looks and people and respects them, he has no respect because Pence married a Mid-Western frumpy wildebeast of a woman. Donnie has no respect for someone who marries a slob, got to be a starting pitcher of a woman.

ZYZyRVL.gif

I'm sorry I got a model, and you're stuck with Phyllis Vance

Just my hunch, not my belief at all.

GrapeApes

The crazy thing is if Trump is impeached, Pence would likely clear house in the cabinet.
Doubt it. Which of these guys would Pence really go against? They're already in the job. Obviously the people close to Trump getting axed. No one who was confirmed is getting let go. Even terrible Devos stays.

I also thought Pence would have more influence but yeah it seems there is no way Pence is ever going to be a Cheney type of man behind the curtain. Trump's massive ego will never allow it. Pence seems like a total pushover tool. Explains the "Mother" story.

Of course he isn't respected. He has always just been a token to nail down the religious right. They don't need him for anything else, he has served his purpose.

Gutek

Doubt it. Which of these guys would Pence really go against? They're already in the job. Obviously the people close to Trump getting axed. No one who was confirmed is getting let go. Even terrible Devos stays.

I could see Tillerson and Mnuchin go.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Pence is the fakest motherfucker in the group. I mean, look at the shitbag. Fake everything. Calculated to a fault. This guy is probably as corrupt as shit. I can just look at the guy and his posture and facial expressions, i just know with some people, and he is king shitbag.

Knowing the way Trump looks and people and respects them, he has no respect because Pence married a Mid-Western frumpy wildebeast of a woman. Donnie has no respect for someone who marries a slob, got to be a starting pitcher of a woman.

ZYZyRVL.gif

I'm sorry I got a model, and you're stuck with Phyllis Vance

Just my hunch, not my belief at all.

Now now, stop teasing Pence and Mother.

Live footage from when Pence found out about the lies:

And here we thought that Pence was going to be the man pulling the strings. Oh we were so innocent back then.

I don't think anyone thought Pence would be pulling the strings, but he would be Trump's mover and shaker in Congress.

GrapeApes

I could see Tillerson and Mnuchin go.
In my mind a Pence presidency wouldn't start until 2019. If Tillerson has proven himself by then Pence will keep him on. Mnuchin can get canned though. Pure pay for play and Pence didn't have to cast a vote for him. If we're in a recession it might be hard to get rid of him though. At the end he's not going to rock the boat too much. Just save up his capital for Supreme Court nominations.

Kettch

I remember when Pence was announced as the VP there were reports that Trump wanted to go back on it the night before and pick somebody else, after they'd already told him he'd been selected.

Seems there may have been some truth to that given how little influence he seems to have in the administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom