• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pence doesn't seem to be very respected by Michael Flynn... or other WH staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zophar

Pence has the respect of congressional and establishment Republicans, at least. Ryan and he can pull the trigger on Trump any time they want.

Granted, that would be a miserable turn of events in its own right, but it seems vastly preferable to this rogue cadre currently in power.

I remember when Pence was announced as the VP there were reports that Trump wanted to go back on it the night before and pick somebody else, after they'd already told him he'd been selected.

Seems there may have been some truth to that given how little influence he seems to have in the administration.

Donnie wanted Christie, was talked out of it, picked Pence, and then nearly went back and told Pence no, but was talked out of it again

rjinaz

Live footage from when Pence found out about the lies:

And here we thought that Pence was going to be the man pulling the strings. Oh we were so innocent back then.

heh. It's true. But that was before the sludge crept from out of the shadows, like Bannon. I refuse to feel bad for Pence, but I think promises were made and have been broken. I remember a report where Pence was told by Jr. that he would basically be handling everything.

gaugebozo

Damn Scooter, that is so correct. Who is Cricket?

McCain. They shit all over him and he just keeps coming back for more.

I also think you flipped Dennis and Frank. Trump is the one who sees himself as a five star man and would have erotic memoirs.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Because of the Inauguration.
tYELy9Q.gif

Linkura

lol, Pence might have thought he might get to be the shadow president and instead he can't even fire a conspiracy theorist who humiliates him and was fired for being bad at his job and being disliked at everyone.

He got played so badly. I'm sure he's regretting the decision to team up with Trump every fucking second. And we were so naive to think that Trump would let Pence run the country instead of his cronies...

Pence is a man stuck in between two worlds, one where he fully expected Donald Trump to lose, elevating him to the defacto Republican nominee in 2020, and another where Trump bizarrely lucks into the White House. Nobody respects Pence because Pence doesn't really exist. He's not even there. When they see him walking around the White House, I'm sure they're like "it's that guy again. Who is he?"

He's as much a non-factor in the White House as Sean Spicer is. In fact, I fully suspect Kellyanne Conway has a lot more influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom