• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn. Elementary Teacher Arrested For Infatuation With 11 yo Student

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrisus

I don't think I've seen one in public in 3 years. No joke.

Their interfaces are disgusting.

My only cellphone was a flip-phone up until like April 2013.

One of these guys:

sySsjZ8.jpg

But on a Boost Mobile Pay-as-you-Go plan.
Was like $30 for the phone, and like $8 a month for the plan.

And, keep in mind the topic of discussion was a phone for an 11-year-old.

If it was a guy, pedophile would be written all over the board.

It's disgusting to see this shit no matter what their gender is. If you're an adult, leave kids alone. You don't get them, they don't get you.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If it was a guy, pedophile would be written all over the board.

It's disgusting to see this shit no matter what their gender is. If you're an adult, leave kids alone. You don't get them, they don't get you.

"If it was sexual?" In some cases the person kidnapping is a parent if I'm not mistaken. If this was truly an obsession to be the parent of this 11 year old then where's that evidence or somebody explicitly stating it? The ideas of "what can they do" or "When can we do it?" sound weird to me. She could have been sexually attracted to her, but that's beyond the point here. The girl was 11 and the strange things the teacher did are severe. The teacher showed up to her home, gave her encrypted homework, and all those text messages. You wonder what was going on in her head. The idea that she is a pedophile is a possibility. I believe there are 3 women serving time in my state for such things. There's probably plenty more, but those 3 are specifically being treated. You can't treat men and women in the same facility for sex offenders.

esms

Don't mean to derail further, so I'll stop here.

Do they even sell flip phones anymore lol.

Besides, kids don't really use the telephony functions anyway. They use Facebook and Facebook Messenger.

That's kinda why they would be on the flip phones.

Meh, no different than kids whipping out their gameboys in the 90s.

I don't think I was allowed to bring it on family outings. Elementary school cafeteria, though...

The Llama

Just a bizarre story. Who knows what was really going on but hopefully they can get the teacher whatever help she needs and the student is ok.

First of all, really inappropriate to send even a few texts to a student unless it's class related, and second; why would you register to Neogaf just to throw away your account to some dumb meme that is played out?

First of all, really inappropriate to send even a few texts to a student unless it's class related, and second; why would you register to Neogaf just to throw away your account to some dumb meme that is played out?

You... don't send texts to students. Ever. Professor to student? Yes. Elementary school teacher to elementary school student? No fucking way.

You... don't send texts to students. Ever. Professor to student? Yes. Elementary school teacher to elementary school student? No fucking way.

Yeah you're right. I was thinking of parents when I wrote that up.

You can't even give them a ride home if you see them walking.

terrisus

and second; why would you register to Neogaf just to throw away your account to some dumb meme that is played out?

Even more bizarre is that they had been registered for over a year.
And only made a handful of posts.

But apparently they couldn't pass this up for some reason.

antonz

Something tells me if it was a male teacher there would be no hesitation to say it was sexual obsession.

I mean texts talking about running away and living together etc.

Back when I was in 5th grade (so 11 y/o), I was obsessed with my female teacher. I'm a girl, btw. I even sent her letters telling her I loved her very, very, very, very much. Not in a sexual way, though. I saw her like a motherly or guardian figure. If I had the choice, I probably would have had her adopt me. She was my first love, but in a platonic way.

She was very nice to me and even made very nice gestures to reciprocate my love, but definitely nothing that crossed the line.

Now that I think of it, I'm glad cellphones weren't ubiquitous yet when I was in 5th grade. I could see myself firing off texts to that teacher if the technology were available back then o_O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom