• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People with skin |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plywood said:
Haha, I had missed this post initially. :lol

But I don't drink Red Bull, Sir, water only. :p

Finally got back from reading. I pretty much agree with the cutting down of megathreads and how they don't help the community in the long run, also how the communities of the megathreads can be dickish saying things like "search the thread" and such.

..And I just found out what a chamber pot was.
Plywood you are so adorable and I mean that in the most heterosexual way possible.

...Damn I need sleep and to stop refreshing this page.

WrassleGAF bros.

thekad

Banned
The cardinal "don't post in the gaming forum unless you want to get banned instantly" rule is being challenged tonight. Call's coming from inside the house now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Teh Hamburglar said:
Plywood
Read a book mothafuckah.
(Today, 11:54 PM)
Reply | Quote
First time I've ever had my tag get quoted, funnily enough, I had said it in response to someone else.
spindashing said:
Plywood you are so adorable and I mean that in the most heterosexual way possible.

...Damn I need sleep and to stop refreshing this page.

WrassleGAF bros.
Thanks, I am flattered in the most heterosexual way possible.

Also, Deacon, you really did help in getting things across, I don't think you offended anyone.

EviLore said:
Oh, and while I've already banned you, I should note that mods and admins do have to provide evidence and reasoning for all of their bans (to each other). But I reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason, and this is written in the ToS. Which makes sense, since I wrote the ToS. And this is my website. Pretty convenient, huh?
EvilLore! You're so evil.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Reading through the past two pages, I had a thought: Actual GAF chatrooms. I know there's supposed to be a GAF IRC channel, but as far as I know the address is a closely guarded secret.

But I was thinking something a little more broad anyway. Maybe one of those little java client chat network things. I have no idea what it takes to set one of those up, but something where you can make your own channels/rooms.

Probably made by and maintained a GAF member rather than GAF moderation, like the GAF TF2 server and whatnot.

It might make for a nice outlet for the more chatty GAFers who might otherwise be inclined to turn a megathread into a chatroom.

Dead Man said:
So... at the risk of being impertinent, which threads are getting closed, and which are not?
I think most of the ethnic threads. and I guess Gay-GAF.

that's it, so far as I understood. not been following closely, though.

what exactly was the problem? Threads getting too big? How come we have an entire forum dedicated to 20+ page threads? Cut 'em loose! (Except the Wolverine one...)

gerg

Dreams-Visions said:
I think most of the ethnic threads. and I guess Gay-GAF.

that's it, so far as I understood. not been following closely, though.

Rock GAF has already been closed, with a massive member fallout, irrc. :lol

I'm mostly a lurker, but I feel it's a shame.

I did post just once in the NegroGAF thread (I even created this avatar in honor of it!), and had intended to do some more reading and participation, but I've been too busy since it's inception to do so. It didn't seem to do any harm, but I had the feeling it was too good to be true.

Oh well, it doesn't really effect me, but I'm sorry for those who really wanted to continue with the thread.

Just how many Gaffers came out of the woodwork and declared their Blackness, anyway?

mollipen

So... just want to be clear here.

One of the big issues here is not wanting threads to turn into separate communities, where people post anything and everything in there instead of on NeoGAF as a whole because that's the only group of people they want to associate with. (Or, at least, that is part of the big concern.)

The Transgaf thread was not set up as a place for people who would identify themselves as "transgaf" to just chat among each other, but instead as a thread to discuss the various issues that come with being transgender, answer questions from people who don't understand what it all means, and other specific trans-related topics.

The thread, as it stands now under this new attempt to avoid megathreads, is fine: yes or no?

Rickard

So wait, this is the official thread for all race discussion?

grantorinotrailertop.jpg

Crayon

I sat down here right when the white thread was posted. What timing. I think I had something else to do this afternoon but fuck it. What a tremendous read this was. The highs, the lows, the "why dont your own women want you" post oh god. Helluva day, people. You wonderful, multicolored, sometimes gay, people.

im so tired. good nite, gaf. xoxo

sleeping-cat_2.jpg

Sibylus

Banned
EviLore said:
Consider that these sorts of threads can exist in a slightly different form than a general purpose black/gay/whatever all-encompassing megathread.

Examples:

"The 'coming out' support thread"

"The Black cultural history thread"

etc.

Get a little more specific and it doesn't siphon whole sections of the community into specific spots, and doesn't become a chat room.
The policy change sounds a lot more reasonable put into these terms. Happy to know there'll still be a place for the support typically extended in the main Gaygaf thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom