• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |OT| Michael Emerson plays a mysterious dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

Sigh figures I'm the one that reminds people about it tonight and was playing WoW looked down and it was already 8:30 :(.

Wiktor

Awesosome episode. Managed to both deliver intriguing case of the week, pushed the overall arc forward and also managed to deepen the mythology. And it had so many cool little moments. The cushion, the yoga bit (it begs for animated gif), Reese's school of self-defense...oh..and the Super "partying in Miami back in the days"..lol :D

And did they just suggest the machine is sentient and killed Ingram? Awesome

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Awesosome episode. Managed to both deliver intriguing case of the week, pushed the overall arc forward and also managed to deepen the mythology. And it had so many cool little moments. The cushion, the yoga bit (it begs for animated gif), Reese's school of self-defense...oh..and the Super "partying in Miami back in the days"..lol :D

And did they just suggest the machine is sentient and killed Ingram? Awesome

More or less...yeah :lol

Should be an interesting episode when they reveal what happened to him, and if it's got a connection with why Finch has a limp. Can't remember all the previous years they've shown, but last night was 2005, and Finch was fine.

I guess Finch pouring liquid on Ingram's keyboard, was a quick way to improvise him needing "tech support?"

Or was that supposed to mean something else?

Bump Key (or Lock Bumping)

Wiktor

I guess Finch pouring liquid on Ingram's keyboard, was a quick way to improvise him needing "tech support?"

Propably. But the images on the screen before it went dead looked like a code from the machine, so it might have just been to keep the "we don't know what's inside" lie. That said, he did plug the usb drive right before it. There migh be something more to it.

Oh..and this image = awesomeness :D

reese.jpg

Lonestar

Propably. But the images on the screen before it went dead looked like a code from the machine, so it might have just been to keep the "we don't know what's inside" lie. That said, he did plug the usb drive right before it. There migh be something more to it.

Oh..and this image = awesomeness :D

reese.jpg

His facial tick when "Batista" mentioned "this looks like someone took a hammer to it" was funny.

Ripclawe

Banned
i9YU2HDy8LYym.gif

I just realized there was a clue when the super said he hadn't seen damage like this since Hurricane Opel damaged his yacht... WTF would a super have money for a yacht and then you realize at the end it all makes sense.

Nobility

Banned
This episode was awesome. This HAS to be renewed.

Loving we are seeing deeper into the machine and it's inception, I imagine the government tried to kill all those it could tie into its creation and use it for their own purposes.

Can't wait for next week's episode.

Doesn't this show get 14 million viewers a week, and almost a 4 in the key demo? Of course this show will be renewed, but I think the bigger question is will they move it to another night? 14 million is strong, but not Thursday CBS strong.

Doesn't this show get 14 million viewers a week, and almost a 4 in the key demo? Of course this show will be renewed, but I think the bigger question is will they move it to another night? 14 million is strong, but not Thursday CBS strong.

Well the ratings are going up. I am not sure about the pilot (which typically has the most viewers) but the last two episodes had the best ratings of the regular episodes. with this trend, this could eventually become one of the strongest shows

parasight

Been watching it as part of my assignment for a Writing for TV course. Was really not happy with the first few episodes and didn't really like the casting choice for Reese. But eventually the show picked up and I'm ok with Batman Jesus. I'm really getting into it and the world they've created. It was a bit weird seeing the Flashpoint lead good guy as the mastermind bad guy.

Combine

Banned
They had a series high in ratings last night, so I'd say renewal chances are looking a bit more solid.
Great to hear. This series is awesome and I hope more people give it a chance. Can't wait for this new episode tonight (west coast), the last one was one of the best so far.

Lonestar

Like that John has a constant Yellow box on him when viewed at through a security camera. The hit man, before attempting to kill the lawyer, had a red box. Guess its some sort of aggression detector

LOL, scanner in the shredder

Rokam

Week break looks like :(. I wonder what's going to happen to the partner's son if he starts snooping around, especially if the machine is sentient.

prob my fav new show. It seems they did some work in the long break to bring some much needed humor in the show which was really missing in earlier episodes

Rokam

prob my fav new show. It seems they did some work in the long break to bring some much needed humor in the show which was really missing in earlier episodes

Noticed that too. Also bringing in Carter earlier was something the network pushed for, don't think she was supposed to join the batcave till the end of the season.

if you think the machine is sentient i think you got the wrong idea, i believe the clue was supposed to be that the machine is nothing more than finch being a super detective, if there was anything to be taken away at all.

after bringing in humor they need to do a really powerful finale where Jim Caviezel goes all 'Passion of Christ' mode and shows some REAL emotion in scenes rather than just a smirk.

Wiktor

after bringing in humor they need to do a really powerful finale where Jim Caviezel goes all 'Passion of Christ' mode and shows some REAL emotion in scenes rather than just a smirk.

It will take something really huge to make Reese's emotional wall break.

Clevinger

So I'm 7 episodes in and am enjoying the show, but does Jim Caviezel ever stop speaking like a malfunctioning robot? The show would be so much better if he didn't deliver his lines so monotonously and badly.

hiro4

I'm thinking Finch killed his partner.

That is why I think also.
And that is also the reason why it is probably wrong.

He could have also sacrificed himself since he has a son and the FBI would have a hold over him since he now knows how the system works.

Can't wait to find out more

Lonestar

Well it did show "Possible threat detected to Nathan Ingram" at the end of E11

so, yeah I'm with you that Finch did something

I actually took that to mean that perhaps the NSA/CIA/Government agency, would be interested in killing Ingram. The conversation kind of turned that way, since they wanted to know how the machine worked. Finch is right that "they" would want to use full access to the machine in abhorrent ways.

Gila

Yeah I hope so!

I also like how Reese memorized that phone number instantly without jotting it down

Rokam

I also like how they didn't go batshit insane with the technology jargon early on, unlike a lot of other shows. Actually referencing the WAP and not just saying "hacking their internets"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom