• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3: RELOAD | OT | REsocializing with Waifus

What Scores do you think Person 3: Reload will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

• 70-75%

• 76-79%

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • 100%

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Thank god I made it to the first battle. The pacing in the intro is as brutal as I remember. Picking up finally. Nearly fell asleep when I was in school getting lectured and my character was also falling asleep, so they nailed that part.

And I have to say it, sorry. These midi horn samples or whatever program they are using on the OST, are so bad that I am honestly kind of shocked. Just sounds like a default preset on a $100 casio keyboard from the 80s. My god. I cant not hear it.

Anyway, art style is fantastic. Story picking up, battles seem fun enough.

Last edited:
i think i heard about this a while ago and forgot about it. this is so sick !! will get it later this year after i play through a few PS5 exclusives. just got a ps5 so got a few games to catch up on

sigmaZ

Going to play this on easy thanks to Danjin44 Danjin44 's recommendation.
Unlike the original Persona 5, you can change the difficult options at will so I would play at normal and then change if you need to. I think only the extreme mode you can't go back to if you leave it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Game is fantastic so far. I think I'm basically as far as I've ever been in other version of P3 which is like 2ish hours in, and the second time you go to tartar sauce.

Incredible work by Atlus as always. Can't believe we get this AND Metaphor this year from them. Truly blessed year for JRPG fans.

EDMIX

Game is fantastic so far. I think I'm basically as far as I've ever been in other version of P3 which is like 2ish hours in, and the second time you go to tartar sauce.

Incredible work by Atlus as always. Can't believe we get this AND Metaphor this year from them. Truly blessed year for JRPG fans.

Respeck!

Will likely get a chance to play either Sunday or next week as I got the special edition as it arrives late from Amazon.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Watch them delay it now cause you said this lol
shut-your-dirty-little-mouth.gif

sigmaZ

By the way, early in the game I tried to make an interesting dialog choice but I didn't have enough courage. Does this mean your stats carry over in some kind of new game plus?

Danjin44

You can't say no to animated gif, but you absolutely can to the absolutely outrageous $70 price tag and a lot of cut content, which should be in the remake and not only in a million of other versions of P3 on dead platforms.
Is this incomplete game?
ps2_shin_megami_t_persona_3_gm_p_h0q135_1024x1024.jpg

this one didn’t have The Answer or FeMC….none of this was part original game and people were not fan of The Answer episode…unless do huge overhaul then you are not missing much.

Krathoon

The game is pretty much an upgraded Persona 3.

They are sticking really close to the source material. No weird changes.

I liked how they let you walk around during the dark hour at the begining.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Is this incomplete game?
ATLUS loves to release better versions of Persona games for years and years now (they even did it Tokyo Mirage and actully made it far worse). FES, Golden, Royal, are all better than original games as well as welcome additions made to the PSP version by adding female character. They could've combined the best parts of all versions and make the best and definitive one once and for all, but instead we've got just another one to add to the pile and for effin' $70 no less, digitally ffs, without a disc, a cover and a case.
this one didn’t have The Answer or FeMC….none of this was part original game and people were not fan of The Answer episode…unless do huge overhaul then you are not missing much.
This changes absolutely nothing. FES is better, so is Golden and Royal. There's no excuse to completely ignore the FES version and not to add female character from Portable, unless... unless a few years later they'll charge you $70 again for what should've been in this version from the start.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I love some of basic QoL things they've updated.

For example, if you've already exhausted all dialogue with any NPC, their speech bubble turns grey, so you can safely move on.

Good shit.
I noticed that as well. Very cozy, small addition that helps enjoyment. The map is nice, and snappy. The UI in general is top tier as always.

amigastar

So, everyone enjoying P3 so far? Especially people who haven't played it in their life?
I'm gonna join soon on Game Pass.

StereoVsn

Nice Sega. Drop this and LIke a Dragon within a week of each other. Not sure I want to play both at the same time.
It is a bit much. Hell, I am still playing Gaiden so not getting to either of these till post FFVII Rebirth. It’s a crazy lineup for so early in the year.

Last edited:

Danjin44

This, Persona 4, or 5 Remix for a first time player?
Play which ever you want first, for most part each game story are standalone.

Maybe play Persona 4 Golden first because it might be harder go back to that game after playing Persona Reload and Persona 5 Royal......mostly because of visuals and QOL reasons.

Last edited:

Paasei

Anyone to help me out a little with this franchise? I would like to start with a game, do I need to play them all in order, or are they standalone?

Danjin44

Anyone to help me out a little with this franchise? I would like to start with a game, do I need to play them all in order, or are they standalone?
All them are standalone stories, play them any order you want.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyone know if the DLC Persona start off at level 1, or are they level 90 overpowered like Persona 5 Royal?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So they have P4Golden & P5 OST but not the original P3.....
seriously I'm not digging the new renditions, the new girl just sound out of tune, sorry 😐

Last edited:

Danjin44

Anyone know if the DLC Persona start off at level 1, or are they level 90 overpowered like Persona 5 Royal?
My suggestion is dont use DLC Persona, they whole fun about SMT/Persona you yourself fuse powerful Demon.

The reason I prefer Demon DLC in SMTV because at very least you have to fight them before you use them and some of them are high level so you cant get them early.

Last edited:

TGO

This changes absolutely nothing. FES is better, so is Golden and Royal. There's no excuse to completely ignore the FES version and not to add female character from Portable, unless... unless a few years later they'll charge you $70 again for what should've been in this version from the start.
Well they'll charge you for the DLC of The Answer that's rumoured, they ain't gonna change you for the whole game again unless you insist on buying it again.
And is this another game which cost more in the US then it actually is in the UK
KqB3wDq.jpg

you guys was saying the same for Resident Evil 3 and that was only £34.99 here, but you guys was throwing $70 around.
Or are you just using that because it a default price of games these days 🤔

Last edited:

TGO

Interesting. The whole OST redone?
Yes, the rapping is fine and so is everything else but the female singer parts are just lacking and feels flat.
It's also like it was rerecord in 2020's.....oh wait
giphy.gif

Seriously I see this with music artists that rerecord their music and it sounds just the same despite being the same artist.
I think they think it sounds better 😐

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yes, the rapping is fine and so is everything else but the female singer parts are just lacking and feels flat.
It's also like it was rerecord in 2020's.....oh wait
giphy.gif

Seriously I see this with music artists that rerecord their music and it sounds just the same despite being the same artist.
I think they think it sounds better 😐
Wow well thanks for clearing that up. I think I'll play the game on headphones tonight instead. Maybe its my TV? I was way off I guess.

TGO

Wow well thanks for clearing that up. I think I'll play the game with headphones on tonight instead. Maybe its my TV? I was way off I guess.
I don't think that'll help 😂
Nah the music is fine it's just the new female singer although she sings the words clearer she just sounds like she's phoning it in.
The old one sounds like she was having fun and smiling and actually performing during the songs while the new one sounds like she just standing there reading the words out.
There's no soul in it.
If they ever remake Persona 4 I dread to think what Signs of Love will sound like 😳

Last edited:
Top Bottom