• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Famitsu Review Score: 39/40 (10/10/10/9)

Ennosuke

Only 161 more days.

eabvYI3.png

It hurts so much :( When I saw the Anime, I was in perfect persona mood and basically ready to start playing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I mean...if anything they went from not giving any western games perfect scores to quite a few last gen...

What western games other than Skyrim did they give perfect scores to? (and iirc they gave Skyrim a perfect score because the publisher of Famitsu also published the Skyrim strategy guide in Japan)

Zolo

The reviewer comments translated by @MysticDistance:
Yoshida

The game is worthy of special mention. From character actions, event scenes, camera angles and other things such as the design of the UI text, Persona 5 is a stylish work that sets it apart from other Japanese RPGs. (10 points)

Ashida

The feeling of striking an enemy’s weakness and pulling off an All-Out Attack is great, and combat is as equally thrilling as the Phantom Thief motif story. (10 points)

Namko

The game has a lot of variety in terms of combat because of negotiations, Baton Touch, and other elements. There are some flaws, but the pros outweigh the cons. (10 points)

Bunbun Maru

The game is a sophisticated drama with stylish menus and more that fits the series’ appeal. However, guns and battle equipment are expensive. Overall, it’s a big step up from the previous entry.
Source: http://personacentral.com/persona-5...imated-at-80-hours-famitsu-reviewer-comments/

mdubs

Banned
80 hours!? Persona 5 doesn't respect my time! No buy!

/s
This isn't a good comparison though - Persona 4 Golden in particular respected our time by being 80 hours long even on easy mode but actually having the main scenario feel constantly exciting (in my view) with story progression and fun little moments. This is different than an 80 hour game where 50 hours of it is wrapped up in mindless grinding or fetch quests. If anything, Persona is an excellent example of what long games should be because it never feels like you are just spinning your wheels for x amount of time waiting for story progression.

Pepboy

This isn't a good comparison though - Persona 4 Golden in particular respected our time by being 80 hours long even on easy mode but actually having the main scenario feel constantly exciting (in my view) with story progression and fun little moments. This is different than an 80 hour game where 50 hours of it is wrapped up in mindless grinding or fetch quests. If anything, Persona is an excellent example of what long games should be because it never feels like you are just spinning your wheels for x amount of time waiting for story progression.

I agree generally but felt Persona 4 dragged a bit on some of the "New character, new dungeon, new teammate" parts, but thankfully the art design was so refreshing for each Dungeon it didn't matter too much. It just felt a little too predictable at times from a story angle and could have dropped a character or two without much loss.

Waji

It's nice to see the series earning better and better score while it also seem to get better quality. Now let's hope it deserves so Famitsu can at least have one score that's right.
Only a few days to wait and see by ourselves.

XIII-2 was a pretty damn good game.
If you like a game that is absolutely not worth its score, then yes it is pretty good.

Top Bottom