• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Royal official live stream set for August 2

Mista

Banned
P5R-Stream_07-25-19.jpg

Atlus will host the first official live stream for Persona 5 Royal on August 2 at 20:00 JST, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube.

The broadcast will feature all sorts of new information, as well as the first live gameplay of the title. Presenters include MC Chiaki Matsuzawa, freelance writer Mafia Kajita, and Persona 5 Royal producer Kazuhisa Wada.
Gematsu

Mista

Banned
Anyone excited for another playthrough?

I'm excited for the news but I'm dreading the day I had to restart those dungeons.
Yeah I’m alright. Played it twice already so all those palaces are in my pocket now. Knowing every palace weakness and all that makes it easy

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Anyone excited for another playthrough?

I'm excited for the news but I'm dreading the day I had to restart those dungeons.
Hell yeah, I’m love press turn combat system in SMT and Persona series, I’m more than alright to play this game again.

Hudo

Honestly Switch owners have nothing to cry about. I love Persona 5 and I’m 110% buying the Royal as well but SMTV is more exciting and pretty sure it will be better game.
I really hope there will be news regarding SMTV at TGS this year....

I'm getting DeSu2 Record Breaker vibes from the new content - it look like it will be some new threat that appeared because of the conclusion of the original game, rather than interspersed content or "Haha I was the real villain all along!". I'd rather have the former because it intrudes less on the original.

Speaking of, I'm still kind of hesitant on this. Most of the Atlus remakes/expansions have not been all that great outside of the DeSu games. They always pull a George Lucas and change random shit to make characters more marketable or use the perspective of a new team that does not understand the original game. Strange Journey Redux is the most egregious because they fucked over the entire game, gameplay and all, because the original was too hard and not anime enough. P3P with FeMC is another awful example - nothing about her makes sense given the story in P3 is about a lonely, isolated person growing through others and not wasting their life. FeMC has no need for memento mori.

I do like the fanservice focus on Takemi and Kawakami in the trailer though. Always good to see them ^_^ maybe we'll get a Kawakami figure from this.

Top Bottom