• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Voted Best RPG of All Time by Famitsu Readers; NieR: Automata Places 4th

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Er, Persona 5 is a great game, but the best ever??? Nah, way too much handholding and restrictions for that to be the case

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I really liked Persona 5 but calling it the all-time best is pretty generous

It would be nice if they would continue to remake/re-release the Dragon Quest games though. I recently played through VII and VIII on 3DS and thought they were great, I'd be thrilled to check out all the earlier ones too

Lynx_7

I like Persona 5 but generally speaking anything coming out from Famitsu that is not news is shit. This is not game magazine but PR and Marketing outlet for Japanese publishers and devs.

This was a poll for Famitsu Readers, not an editor's list...

It's pretty consistent with other polls they've done.

I thought it was an incredibly boring game, but I'm gonna chalk it up to the series just not being for me, it was the first one I've ever tried. The rest of the list is decent. Need to play Nier Automata some day, the first one is great.

Linkyn

It's a great RPG, but votes like this probably shouldn't include anything that's more recent than maybe a few years. Let the experience sit and mature a bit so people can form an opinion without the initial excitement (or negativity).

Genuinely surprised Xenoblade is there. Shame XC2 will bomb there.

It was the highest rated RPG at one point too. Though it's interesting how it held up in the rankings.

As for XC2, anything could happen? It's the first big JRPG for the Switch which is a portable device. It could be a breakout hit if it's good and Nintendo keeps up its momentum in marketing.

Exodust

Banned
Where are all the FFXIII fans who loved to bring up poll results to show Lightning being "the most popular FF character in Japan"? And how they explain the clearly superior XV being on the list but no mention of XIII anywhere?

EDIT: P5 is still too fresh in my mind, but it's a bad choice at all. And yo, Nier: Automata coming up in the top 5.

Arulan

I feel that "of All Time" lists should restrict voting for recent additions, perhaps require nominees to be at least 3 years old, in order to reduce recency bias.

I became enamored with NieR:Automata recently, and am looking forward to playing the original very soon.

Poppy

japanese polls seem to be always full of goldfish memory kids saying whatever their favorites are from the last few months, though that might just be true for all polls for all i know

i guess its true that p5 has been out for a while there, so maybe i should just change my statement to them being BAD TASTE LOSERS

Beartruck

How is that possible! I thought Persona 5 was bad according to GAF.
Famitsu's readership skews young and generally gravitates to whatever's newest at the time. You'll notice Final fantasy XV is higher than VI, which is LOL-worthy.

Top Bottom