• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rvt38RK.gif

Caladrius

I'm surprised I managed to get in the top 10 last time even though I started on Page 76.(My very first post ever)

I mean uhhhh Yosuke sux

Green is best color.

Correct on both counts, though Green is tied with Blue for me.

It's going to be beige. You summon your Persona by lugging around giant desktop computers.

I kind of want to see 80's Persona now.

I don't think it will be red.

Red is P2's theme colour and FeMC's theme colour.

I always thought of FeMC as pink. And there were no Personas before 3, silly.

Tamanon

Banned
I will be honestly flabbergasted if phones don't play a huge part of Persona 5. Since it's Japan, you can even have cellphone straps as accessories!

Superman

As someone who has only recently completed P4:G... I will be subbed to this. One of my favourite RPGs ever. Also reignited my love of the JRPG genre.

Living in the UK, is there anyway I can play P3: FES easily? Or will P3:p be my only real option? I have a phat PS3 (80gb) & Vita.

As someone who has only recently completed P4:G... I will be subbed to this. One of my favourite RPGs ever. Also reignited my love of the JRPG genre.

Living in the UK, is there anyway I can play P3: FES easily? Or will P3:p be my only real option? I have a phat PS3 (80gb) & Vita.

Buy it from Amazon and play it on PS2, that's what I done.

So what is going to be the time limit thing this time? Persona 3 had the moon and Persona 4 had rain and fog.

If you don't complete the dungeons fast enough, Josef Stalin (who is the main villain of the game) appears in your room at midnight and kicks you back through the space-time continuum.

CrazyDude

Are wait for possible Persona 3 Sapphire?

Sophia

Does the PSN Classics version of FES work on European models? If so, that would be your easiest bet as it's only $10. You'd have to make a North American PSN account to buy it tho.

Dantis

Does the PSN Classics version of FES work on European models? If so, that would be your easiest bet as it's only $10. You'd have to make a North American PSN account to buy it tho.

I believe so. Can get codes off Amazon US too now, so it's much easier.

Superman

Thanks for all of the prompt replies guys.

I do have a NA account, be interested to know if PS2 classics are region locked? If not, I'll buy it through PSN!

Sophia

I have a feeling that Aeana's post was a subtle hint.

So it's probably wise to try and stay on topic.

Doesn't look like there was anything subtle about it if you ask me. :p

And yes, that is an amazing and awesome and lovely banner and I am in no way biased or anything. :D

Lunar15

For clarification, keep it on Persona as much as possible. If you find yourself talking too much about another topic, you're best off continuing that conversation in the appropriate thread. Spread the love around GAF a little. To be honest though, I see people in this thread all over the place on GAF and plenty of new faces in here all the time.

But yeah, as I said before, not too worried about it, given P5 is on its way.

Caladrius

So what is going to be the time limit thing this time? Persona 3 had the moon and Persona 4 had rain and fog.

I think it might have something to do with failing computer systems or some kind of sensory overload instead of natural phenomena. I'm of the opinion that the game is likely going to be heavily tech-oriented and there's a chance to explore how that actually colors and changes how we interact with each other.

Dantis

Doesn't look like there was anything subtle about it if you ask me. :p

And yes, that is an amazing and awesome and lovely banner and I am in no way biased or anything. :D

I had a feeling you'd like it. ;)

For clarification, keep it on Persona as much as possible. If you find yourself talking too much about another topic, you're best off continuing that conversation in the appropriate thread. Spread the love around GAF a little. To be honest though, I see people in this thread all over the place on GAF and plenty of new faces in here all the time.

But yeah, as I said before, not too worried about it, given P5 is on its way.

Pretty much. I'd argue that we're mostly on topic, but there have been times where we've veered too much, probably for as much as fifty posts. I suppose that's what we have to stay away from.

By my count, it's now seven days and fifteen hours until the announcement. It's going to be agonising.

I think it might have something to do with failing computer systems or some kind of sensory overload instead of natural phenomena. I'm of the opinion that the game is likely going to be heavily tech-oriented and it seems fairly fitting.

I was going to say it would be a blog predicting people's deaths, and then I realised that that's just DeSu 2.

CrazyDude

I will be honestly flabbergasted if phones don't play a huge part of Persona 5. Since it's Japan, you can even have cellphone straps as accessories!
Using phone to summon persona's?

I think it might have something to do with failing computer systems or some kind of sensory overload instead of natural phenomena. I'm of the opinion that the game is likely going to be heavily tech-oriented and there's a chance to explore how that actually colors and changes how we interact with each other.

Possible threat could be nukes being set off?

I thought they were hinting that the game could be set in any of those mentioned cities.
Has any Persona game actually taken place in a real city?

If the announcement is, in fact, P5, then I'm still wracking my brain to figure out how the cities work into that. Would they have demos in those cities?

My insane hope is that those are all locations you go to in game, in some fashion, because that'd be awesome. But it's totally not.

And I think you're just being a massive troll as usual.

Wow rude much? A lot of people seem to be under the impression that the concepts will follow really closely in P4's footsteps, and there's really nothing to suggest that'll be the case. (ie, since P4 had a TV motif, P5 will have an internet motif)

Moonlight

Banned
I am absolutely convinced P5 will relate heavily to social media, online identities, and how word of mouth can spread over social networks.

Sophia

Wow rude much? A lot of people seem to be under the impression that the concepts will follow really closely in P4's footsteps, and there's really nothing to suggest that'll be the case.

This makes sense. Hashino did say the jump between Persona 3/4 and Persona 5 would be like the jump from Persona 1/2 to Persona 3. There's no reason there has to be a special concept regarding Persona summons.

Caladrius

By my count, it's now seven days and fifteen hours until the announcement. It's going to be agonising.

I was going to say it would be a blog predicting people's deaths, and then I realised that that's just DeSu 2.

They could play around with it by making it a hitlist website where the owner actually selects and targets the people who visit it for some unknown purpose

Possible threat could be nukes being set off?
That'd be a fun callback to SMT 1 and 2.

My insane hope is that those are all locations you go to in game, in some fashion, because that'd be awesome. But it's totally not.

I wouldn't call it entirely out of the question.

Actually the more I think about it the more I like the idea of P5 being a deconstruction of the previous two games.

Lunar15

Yeah, to be incredibly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the game even dropped the calendar mechanic. Seriously, this franchise hasn't stuck with one concept for very long. Anything could happen, in my mind.

kewlmyc

Wow rude much? A lot of people seem to be under the impression that the concepts will follow really closely in P4's footsteps, and there's really nothing to suggest that'll be the case. (ie, since P4 had a TV motif, P5 will have an internet motif)

If I came off as rude then sorry, but you usually make it sound as if you know what is actually going to happen, which is annoying.

Yeah, to be incredibly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the game even dropped the calendar mechanic. Seriously, this franchise hasn't stuck with one concept for very long. Anything could happen, in my mind.

A central aspect of the game is planning for events and such, so I don't see how they could ditch the calendar mechanic.

Necrovex

I am absolutely convinced P5 will relate heavily to social media, online identities, and how word of mouth can spread over social networks.

My lord, that would be astounding. Persona Facebook drama. Everyone will Skype rather than meet face-to-face to talk about an investigation.

Necrovex

Maybe Persona 5 will take the more sci-fi route and focus on the sun or space, like Sunshine, Event Horizon, or Aliens. I would be interested in seeing it in that setting.

No I'm telling you guys, it'll be some kind of crazy cult that sacrifices people in order to summon shadows, and the party will have to disrupt their rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom